Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey Alienation - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parent Ville ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Single Parents in the United States of America > Texas

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 12-17-2005, 07:28 AM   #1
Bsweet
I am New

Bsweet is an unknown quantity at this point

I am very happy that I found your group. I am an alienated mother and an alienated step parent. It used to be the kids wouldn't even talk to me but now things are better. Still, I need a little advice now and again.

I got a lot of information on how to deal with my ex who constantly badmouthed me and my entire family in front of the children from the good people at helpstoppas.org. I'm surprised there is not more information about parental alienation on this site. Everyone I know has dealt with it. I'm sad to say that a few of my friends were the ones doing the alienating, but because of my experience I was able to make them see the damage they were doing to the kids.

I also wanted to let those of you in Houston know I found free monthly classes for parents dealing with difficult ex-spouses and alienated kids. Each month someone new speaks, either an attorney or a therapist or a judge comes each month and speaks to a group of people. Best thing of all is that it is free. I think the meetings are at the Jewish Community Center (which is a bit weird to me since I'm not Jewish), but there doesn't seem to be any religious element to the classes. I have seen attorneys and judges come to hear the speakers if that is any indication of how great they are.

My own situation consists of an ex-husband who alienated the children and then deserted them saying it was my fault he wasn't going to see them anymore. I also have three step-children who think I am devil spawn because I married their dad, who is the devil. Their mother has put all kinds of strange ideas in their head. Sad, but I think they are getting to the point that they don't believe her anymore.

Thank you so much for letting me in your group.
Bsweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 11:47 AM   #2
Laurie05 Female
Board Beacon Parent

Laurie05 is an unknown quantity at this point

hey bsweet, I am from Houston too. Hope u stick around here as there are not tooo many of os from Texas. Feel free to go in the fun lounge or I have a thread under open discussions called Single Womans Prayer Lounge.
Laurie05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 12:22 PM   #3
tomany2count
Visitor

Hi BSsweet,
Welcome to the group. This is a great group of people with awesome support. You have found a good place to be.
I am sorry you have had to go through all that you have, but am glad you are able to seek help with it.
God bless.
Old 12-17-2005, 06:58 PM   #4
CA
Setting New Standards

CA is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi BSweet,
I am happy to see you have found us. there are many wonderful people here.
I am sorry you have been through so much but, I am happy you found help. We too have a Jewish Community Center here and everyone is welcome. the only restrictions seem to be the observances of food restrictions. Not a problem. My daughter attends school break camps there once in a while.
CA is offline   Reply With Quote