Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey Periods, Nurses, Nuts Etc. - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parenting - Through The Ages¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Single parents of ALL girls

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 10-18-2010, 01:22 PM   #1
Re-Mom Female
Mainiac

Re-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support
Default Periods, Nurses, Nuts Etc.

***I titled this so you men are warned ahead of time***

So I've been thinking all day that this is the week that my oldest gets her period. Why, I don't know exactly. Her look has changed so much in the past month or so... her boobs are boobs now.... and she's had a strange low stomach pain for the past 24 hours.

The younger twin who has hers mentioned two days ago she is having some spotting again.
I got my period this morning.

I'm thinking about this all the way back home just now at lunchtime..and thinking I'm going to post about this so that it doesn't come true though I know everybody will think I'm crazy -- which I'm fine with.

I get inside the house, I'd run into the bank and left my phone in my purse. 2 calls from the middle school nurse. A msg came into voicemail as I looked at the phone... it is the nurse stating that she was letting me know that the oldest is with her (seemed like a huge pause there, my daughter has a treenut allergy so this is where I began to panic a bit) that somebody was eating cashews at lunch and touched her arm so Olivia told a teacher. She washed it well and sat with the nurse for 30-45 minutes. She went back to class and her classroom teacher had just called down to let her know it was all fine (been more than an hour now so shouldn't see any reaction).

I'm proud of her, for letting somebody know right away and washing it right away. I didn't expect that, i expected the call to be about her period. For some reason after a conversation with the nurse that included laughing I hung up the phone and went into tears... probably because of pms and the relief of them not telling me she was in an ambulance in anaphalactic shock.

I'm ALWAYS terrified when I see the nurses number due to her allergies. Today I wasn't.... and it ended up an allergy call, thankfully not the one I've been dreading and will dread throughout her school life. Thankfully all was fine.

---------- Post added at 01:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:20 PM ----------

And we just had epipen practice on SaturdayLOL I got her new Rx so we use the old ones and practice with a potato or something like that. I had 3, let the twins do it, too this time. (the practice epipens they give are great but the real ones have a different spring in them and take more to release than teh practice ones) I also do not like tossing the old ones with meds still in them so this releases the meds and there is a safe container to seal them back into.
Re-Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 01:30 PM   #2
idig Female
SFV JUNKIE!!!

idig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legend
Default Re: Periods, Nurses, Nuts Etc.

I was just trying to figure how periods and nuts went together....
Old 10-18-2010, 02:19 PM   #3
Re-Mom Female
Mainiac

Re-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support

LOL! Yeah I thought of 'that' after posting. Maybe it has more to do with the nutcase that posted it???
Old 10-18-2010, 02:30 PM   #4
LSL Female
The blunt one;)

LSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support Legend

I was thinking how nutty we get during periods when I first saw the post.

I am with you RM ---- I think my daughter is about to start. The acne started a few weeks ago. She has been complaining of an on and off low tummy pain on and off for weeks now. No spotting. But her figure has CHANGED, she grew 5 inches this summer, she has hips now AND boobs...... we just bought her first Victoria Secrets bra because she could officially fill an "A" cup. We bought a cheap, cute one from the Pink line with matching panties. She loved it.

I keep waiting for the school nurse call to come get her and have to do the first period mom thing. Sigh..........
Old 10-18-2010, 05:23 PM   #5
Re-Mom Female
Mainiac

She's had the chest for over a year, but nothing major just enough to look ridiculous without a bra... but truly the past 4-6 weeks the whole figure has changed which I've noticed in her friends is exactly when they begin. One of her younger sisters has been having light spotting monthly (on my schedule, a few days earlier) about 7 months out of the past 14... no other signs.

That stomach ache she had sounded just like cramping to me.

They have time trials at swimming a week from Saturday, I likely shouldn't have thought it would be today, surely it will happen for that or the first swimming meetLOL Oh the poor kids, I would NOt want to go through beginning this again no matter how fun childhood was!

And yes, nutcase this week, Holy Cow... I often get aggrevated and frustrated easily but I'm thinking I may need a rubber room this month!LMAO

The problem is LSL, the whole thing is inevitable and the more we expect it the less chance it will happen. It WILL take us all off guard for each and every daughter we have because it is always when you least expect the things you are expecting! (I think i should have a glass of wine tonight instead of typing)
Old 10-18-2010, 06:57 PM   #6
idig Female
SFV JUNKIE!!!

idig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legend

DD1 was still living with bio mom for her first. DD2, the drama queen, I got The spotting went on for a long time, months, before the real thing came along. OMG the hormones. The moodiness was unreal, as she was moody already then through that in the mix!

I am hormonal as ____ the last year too. Mine are very painful first day and I have PMS like I never had before. IDK if it is just 40 or what.

I have been hot for a year. Not hot flashes, just hot. All the time. All the time. Have a fan blowing directly on me at work. I have to stop when I am getting ready for work in the morning b/c I break out in a sweat. This has been going on for over a year. I go for my yearly invasion and ____ smashing a month from today and I am going to see if the Dr. wont check my hormones and see if something is whacky.
Old 10-18-2010, 07:06 PM   #7
LSL Female
The blunt one;)

LSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support Legend

idig: I actually started about 4 periods ago with some strange happenings...... the WORST cramps I have had in my life. I have never had anything like them. Then, for the first time ever 4 periods ago half of my womanly part hurt -- I mean painfully felt like there was a sore or I had been bruised. Hurt to sit, hurt to stand, hurt to do anything for 3 days before my period started...... Honestly, the pain was comparable to when right after child birth -- the burning and pulsing feeling.

For the past year I have been hot as well. I sweat like the dickens. The last week our house has been 50 degrees when we wake up -- A wants the heat on and I scream no! I sleep with a fan on and still sweat. I sweat all day and am just plain uncomfortable. But then, I have gained some weight as well, so there is that.

I have to go in as well ---- thinking that perhaps I need to have the same conversation. No hot flashes here, just severe pain.
Old 10-18-2010, 07:52 PM   #8
Re-Mom Female
Mainiac

I'm in peri-menopause... been there for over a year. hot flashes every night, not too bad during the day yet, just once in awhile. I remember my mom going through them like crazy. Cramps have always been a part of my life, I remember way back in highschool I'd walk into the nurses office and she wouldn't say anything. I'd hit the bathroom to vomit and she'd have the heating pad ready and a call into my parents. I was too young to preplan with advil or something of the like and man when they hit they hit hard! I now will take advil days prior, still no let up in the cramping. I just recently found teh Ultra's from Tampax, I had no clue you could go an hour or more without finding a ladies room. It is awful, non stop I feel as though I'm literally bleeding out. I also take iron when I begin the advil knowing that I'll be crashing hard with exhaustion if I don't. I wish I knew what I do now for the 2-3 decades I went through helll.

I pray my kids have it more like my sister or SIL's did..... I hope that I'll be able to teach them the tricks earlier on. My mom was like me, but heck she was born in 1928 so Advil wasn't an option.... hot potatoes wrapped in a towel, I recall her telling me about using them.

Delia got her first spotting 2 months after her 9 yr old birthday. I was told that her twin should follow within 6 months but she hasn't. I'm positive that D's issues are with a hormonal imbalance and the early period is yet another symptom (a pyhysical one) of what is going on inside of the her little body.. thankfully she hasn't had a full one, yet... though they seem to be a bit more with each one. At least she is more active and very flexible, i'm hoping she'll be able to use a tampon earlier than later... The oldest on the other hand, I think she's years and years away from that, maybe 18 or 20?

---------- Post added at 07:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:50 PM ----------

I get that hurting feeling, a sharp knife-like pain. No clue on that one! I recall it from pregnancy though!!!!
Old 10-18-2010, 08:37 PM   #9
idig Female
SFV JUNKIE!!!

I have a friend with super heavy ones like you describe Re.

I don't think I am having hot flashes, there is no flash, just the hot. Sometimes there is hotter but always, always hot.
Old 10-18-2010, 08:54 PM   #10
Re-Mom Female
Mainiac

I used to have the hot... the flash will wake you up, it is like pins and needles it is so uncomfortable. I can't explain it but the second you have it, you'll know it. SWEATINg too... not just hot.

The other night it was 34 degrees, I opened TWO of my windows wide. course, 3 hours later I woke up freezing to deathLMAO If I had a tub of ice, I'd get into it when I felt that way. I've had very few during daylight and I DREAD this, holy cow there is no hiding it.

---------- Post added at 08:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:52 PM ----------

I've had the heavy ones for longer than I can remember, that's just me from what my dr tells me.... lovely. I've heard the ablations can help, but I know 2 people that they didn't help so not sure I'd want to go through something like that to come out of it with no change.
Old 10-19-2010, 12:48 AM   #11
LSL Female
The blunt one;)

Why this is unusal for me is that I have NEVER had cramps. In fact, my usual visit is 2 days tops and leaves very little evidence of her visit. She is a polite visitor, until 4 months ago. Now I want to really shoot her when she comes. I have begun to become very homicidal. I have always been a bit grumpy, weepy, and edgy -- but not like I feel like I could rip the jugular out of a grizzly bear--which started a year ago.

Now, I sweat really, really bad at night -- but I think that has to do with my meds for my RLS.

I think I will just stick with my diet and start working out like heck and get to below 15% body fat again -- then my visitor stops visiting and thats even better.
Old 10-19-2010, 09:18 AM   #12
idig Female
SFV JUNKIE!!!

Reminds me of the book I read last year about teenagers and the hormone changes. Boys start to have theirs somewhere between 9 and 12 and last x number of years. Girls start between 9 and 12 and last the rest of our lives
Old 10-19-2010, 09:25 AM   #13
Re-Mom Female
Mainiac

LSL you may have a cyst in there somewhere.... I hope it is all a fluke and disappears just as it arrived a few months ago. Not fun!
Old 10-19-2010, 10:03 AM   #14
Bluemoon Female
just an old hippie chick

Bluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support Legend

I've been spotted standing out on the back porch in a nighty in the middle of the night in January....hot flashes are horrid. Worse, the menopause process seems to take forever.
I had a partial hysterectomy (just my uterous) 5 years ago. So now, I have no idea even where I am in the process. I don't know if I would still be having periods or not....I prefer it this way, though, .

Little M got her period recently and it's a hoot. I had discussed it with her briefly beforehand because I knew she was gonna need my help cause her dad totally can't deal with the idea.
Now, when my daughter got hers, I was the WORST MOM EVER! For her anyway. In my time, it was a right of passage. It was so openly discussed amongst my friends that I even faked having it once because I felt weird cause I was among the last of my group to get it. My mother didn't know the meaning of privacy....so I had this kind of experience with the whole thing in my young life.

Now, my daughter was very different from me. Very private and squeemish about things like this. When she gots hers, I did the STUPIDEST THING EVER, and I don't think she will ever forgive me.
I announced to her G-ma and her Aunt, in a completely excited way, that this stage of her life had begun! Poor S was mortified...I feel so bad about that now.

So, when M finally got hers, I was tip toeing around her like crazy.

I needn't have worried, . This kid so should have been born to me. We are alot alike.
For a week, every day, M peppered me with reports about how many pads she had gone through, how soaked each one was, how she felt it go "whoosh" sometimes when she stood up....it was perfectly OK with me.

Then she tortured her dad, . On purpose. She had caught on to the fact that he was extremely uncomfortable with it, so she started telling him stuff, too...just to watch him squirm....which was kinda funny, but I told her to leave him alone, .

Then she asked me what a tampon was...and I've discovered I am going to have to give her a rather in depth anatomy lesson before I even think about letting her have one. I shudder to think where she might try to put it.
No big rush, I honestly prefer she wait awhile for that, anyway.

To disagree, one doesn't have to be disagreeable. ~Barry M. Goldwater and Jack Casserly, Goldwater

Life is all about how you handle Plan B. ~ off a Blue Mountain Arts calendar
Bluemoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 11:17 AM   #15
Re-Mom Female
Mainiac

I would prefer they wait years on tampons but they swim 3-4 times a week now. Imagine having to miss a meet and sit on the sidelines due to a period, how embarrassing and upsetting that would be

LOL at all of her details. D tells me all about her spots, when, how many, etc. We weren't convinced it was a period at all at first... had to give her another lesson on where everything was. She'd come home from school telling me it definitely was NOT coming from her ____ this time
Old 10-19-2010, 11:58 AM   #16
LSL Female
The blunt one;)

LOL @ RM and Blue. A gives me all the details about discharge, cramps, whatever. We talk pretty frank and openly about it between her and I. We put together an emergency pack for school. Put little lady wipes, pantyliners, and pads in it. I bought a cute little cosmetic bag she put in her locker for her and her locker buddy. This way she can go to the bathroom first and take care of things and not be embarrassed to much. I even put in a few Shout wipes just in case things leak through.

A is a dancer and quite serious. I think she is going to have to go to tampons at some point. She could still dance, but a leo leaves little to the imagination! The good thing is that the bigger girls at the studio really mentor the smaller ones so I am sure they will have all kinds of little tips for her about hiding things.
Old 10-19-2010, 12:03 PM   #17
confused1996 Female
Board Beacon Parent

confused1996 has a brilliant futureconfused1996 has a brilliant futureconfused1996 has a brilliant future

ok happy I only have a boy. To of us would be just wrong. Even though I swear teenage boys are going though the same moodiness.
confused1996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 12:06 PM   #18
LSL Female
The blunt one;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by confused1996 View Post
ok happy I only have a boy. To of us would be just wrong. Even though I swear teenage boys are going though the same moodiness.
My bff's son is 2 years older than my daughter. I swear that he is the WORST thing I have ever seen male or female. Last year he would break down in tears at the slightest thing and go off-- yelling and screaming.... I am so thankful that mine is bad, but not like that bad. Also, I have been so open about my monthly cycle for the last year or so, the A seems to be noticing when hormones are effecting her moods.
Old 10-19-2010, 01:14 PM   #19
Re-Mom Female
Mainiac

There will be 4 of us.... it won't be pretty. I don't need a Beware of Dog sign I need a Beware of Hormones sign. That should work to keep the crime down in my neighborhood!
Old 10-19-2010, 02:22 PM   #20
Bluemoon Female
just an old hippie chick

Bluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support Legend

You reminded me, LSL...M got hers at school and soaked right through her clothes. Fortunately, nobody noticed before she made it to the nurse. The nurse had to call her dad. That's when the fun began.....I heard about it later.

They told G he had to bring her some clothes. He panicked and immeadiately began dialing me. His boss was there and asked him wth he was doing. He explained and the boss lhao at him...told him to quit being ridiculous and go get her some clothes for crying out loud. The boss drove him over there to the school.
M told me that G looked like he wanted to sink through the floor. He handed her the bag of clothes, and then, OMG, she handed HIM the bag of soiled ones.
You would have thought she handed him a used Depends!

Honestly, I don't think it has anything to do with the blood, I think his problem is with what it represents...her growing up and becomming a woman. He thinks she's gonna leave him for the first guy she gets a crush on or when she turns 13...whichever happens first. Sheesh.

Really pisses me off when he says that. Not gonna happen on my watch....not running off with some guy, anyway. That girl is college bound if I have any say.

To disagree, one doesn't have to be disagreeable. ~Barry M. Goldwater and Jack Casserly, Goldwater

Life is all about how you handle Plan B. ~ off a Blue Mountain Arts calendar
Bluemoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 09:55 PM   #21
Re-Mom Female
Mainiac

I hate the stupidity of some ex's! My ex's family is all about gossip, telling everybody everything. I'll never forget, right at the thanksgiving table my SIL announced that her daughter got her period. Well of course, it was blabbed about right through the end of Easter, URGH. I have not yet told the ex that one of the little ones has been spotting for a year now. I would like to, but i can't trust him not to tell everybody and she does not even want her sisters to know. I follow her request and respect that first and foremost.

Blue, ugh on M getting it like that at school. Every girls' worst nightmare, made my stomach sink, SO glad the ending was that nobody noticed. I did one year teaching middle school and one of my buddies got hers. I was so glad I was there, she was crying, didn't know what the heck to do. I was a sped reading teacher at the time so I told the classroom teacher that I was taking her down to the nurse. We called her mom, she was ok. she actually thanked me at the end of the year for being there that day, I'm thinking about this now and I bet THAT is what and why she will likely always remember me. I ran into her years later, she was 21 and waitressing at a local restaurant and knew me right away -- I surely would not have recognized her right away after all those years!

I've warned the classroom teacher and nurse at the elementary school about the one twin that started at 9 yrs. One of these days it will be a real period and it will catch her by surprise... I want her to know that she has people there to go to and not to worry, just go and they'll call me.