Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey What should I do? - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parenting - Through The Ages¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Single parents of ALL girls

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 03-07-2006, 11:59 AM   #1
AngiesMom
On the Board

AngiesMom is an unknown quantity at this point

OK here's the question Angie's father/daughter dance is coming up fast -- 3/25 and I've already bought the outfit, paid for the ticket and I was going to order the boutennaire for it this weekend. NOW her Dad wants me to order the corsage as well. He says he'll "pay me back" but he still "owes" me for gs cookies and we won't even mention the 2+ years of back child support. I figure if I don't order the corsage, she won't have one but I'm so tired of cleaning his messes and covering his ____. This is one of many things I don't miss about being married to the ... ok anyway, should I go ahead and purchase the corsage? I know it's for her not him but I still feel like I'm doing it for him and that rankles me.

The other part of it is he has no car and is expecting me to chauffer them back and forth. I was looking forward to a night out myself and now I hate to tell her I won't help with the ride becuase she is looking forward to the dance and if I don't drive, I know he'll find a way to back out and hurt her.

anyone???
AngiesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 12:19 PM   #2
Kerry821
Board Member

Kerry821 is an unknown quantity at this point

The things we go through for our kids. If it was me I would buy the corsage and just chalk it up to another kid expense.I don't know about the driving thing. I suppose since he owes you money him renting a car is out of the question? Maybe he can borrow one from a friend or something? If not i guess you'll have to drive to avoid him disapointing Angie.I guess the ends justify the means. She'll be heartbroken if he bails on her and you'll have to pick up the pieces.It's a tough one good luck.
Kerry821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 01:37 PM   #3
OnMyFeet
On the Board

OnMyFeet is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok, forget the boutennaire. I mean, I'd rather my daughter have a beautiful corsage than worry about her dad looking dashing. I would make sure to give the corsage to her myself. As she dresses, make sure she knows that you picked it out especially for her! As far as the driving thing, I agree, if he backs out, you'll be stuck with the broken heart, and the bill.

Best of Luck! I hate it when they screw up and somehow make us look bad!

I hope angie has a Wonderful time!!
OnMyFeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 01:42 PM   #4
AngiesMom
On the Board

AngiesMom is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all -- yeah I kind of already reached the conclusion that I'm getting her corsage for her. It just irks me that this continues even now. Last year it wasn't an issue as the restraining order was still in place and she had 2 "dates" My Uncle bought the corsage and used his own car. It just really gets me cuz when I do things like that and I KNOW its for her, he twists it around to prove I still care for him UGGH ... Now I'm stuck dealing with him face to face and quite frankly I can't even look at him lately w/o wanting to smack him. This must be the "anger" stage I was warned about. Well for Angie right? MEN
AngiesMom is offline   Reply With Quote