Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey Alabama? - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parent Ville ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Single Parents in the United States of America > Alabama

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 04-26-2009, 02:54 AM   #1
Linds_0606
Parent on Board

Linds_0606 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Alabama?

Just curious... any Alabamians out there? :P
Linds_0606 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 04:55 PM   #2
MotherBoard Female
Making The Magic Happen
Mother Of The Board

MotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support
Default Re: Alabama?

sorry im in Florida, but :WelcomeToSFV:I did want to welcome you.
https://www.facebook.com/soloParent
MotherBoard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 04:57 PM   #3
Linds_0606
Parent on Board

Thanks! Wish I were in Florida right about now. The weather we're having here makes me want to go swimming.
Old 04-26-2009, 05:37 PM   #4
MotherBoard Female
Making The Magic Happen
Mother Of The Board

MotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support

Yea we have been out side today, it absolute gorgeous.
https://www.facebook.com/soloParent
MotherBoard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 06:33 PM   #5
comingup4air Female
Putting my child first...

comingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Support

Hello! There are probably a few people from Alabama, but people from MASS. are funnier.

Really. But, definitely welcome and it's okay....people might forget where you are from after awhile.
comingup4air is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 06:45 PM   #6
idig Female
SFV JUNKIE!!!

idig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legend

Ok, funny girl, dontcha start talking about Bamians now.

I'm in Alabama!!!! WooHoo another southerner!!
Though BD is a wanna be southerner. Lives in NJ and says "ya'll". He's a sweetie, with a precious kid, but watch him.

There are some great folks here. Hang around a little while and you'll forget all about them being yankees.

Old 04-26-2009, 06:55 PM   #7
comingup4air Female
Putting my child first...

comingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by idig View Post
Hang around a little while and you'll forget all about them being yankees.

pssshhh...how 'bout the Red Sox? HMMM....

She's right, though....idig is from Alabama and I LOVE her tons and so does everyone on here.
comingup4air is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 06:58 PM   #8
idig Female
SFV JUNKIE!!!

idig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legend

Awww, I love you too CU4A (even if you are a yankee). Teehee
Old 04-26-2009, 07:18 PM   #9
LSL Female
The blunt one;)

LSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support Legend

Quote:

There are some great folks here. Hang around a little while and you'll forget all about them being yankees.
Admit though, I should have been born in the south. I love Nascar, tote a gun, and can fix my own car.....I also drive like a Nascar driver! I am a southerner at heart.
Old 04-26-2009, 07:22 PM   #10
idig Female
SFV JUNKIE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Law Student Lisa View Post
Admit though, I should have been born in the south. I love Nascar, tote a gun, and can fix my own car.....I also drive like a Nascar driver! I am a southerner at heart.

I thought about you this weekend. Talladega was this weekend, my sons return from the campout was delayed because of the traffic.

You would fit right in down here! Better than me in racing season!
Old 04-26-2009, 07:30 PM   #11
LSL Female
The blunt one;)

LSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support Legend

I had the race on and was listening to it while I outlined.....took a break to watch the last 17 laps of the race! I was going to TIVO it, but it is just not the same.
Old 04-26-2009, 09:00 PM   #12
idig Female
SFV JUNKIE!!!

Were there any wrecks? That's what half (ok most) the people around here who go want to see. Of course they don't want anybody hurt, just a really crash up.
Old 04-26-2009, 09:04 PM   #13
Linds_0606
Parent on Board

I've never really gotten into Nascar. But I have enjoyed watching it when I DID. Have some family friends that are into drag racing & that's a lot of fun, as well.

I will admit to having a major weakness for muscle cars though. Maaaajor.
Old 04-26-2009, 09:10 PM   #14
idig Female
SFV JUNKIE!!!

ooooo, I went to Fultondale by my daughter's house yesterday and there was a muscle thingy in the Target parking lot! I was completely drooling! Then I saw a 69 Camaro today. I want a 69 (they year I was born) Camaro or Corvette.

Old 04-26-2009, 09:14 PM   #15
Bubba'sDad
Banned For Spam

Bubba'sDad Has Heart and Soul of an AngelBubba'sDad Has Heart and Soul of an AngelBubba'sDad Has Heart and Soul of an AngelBubba'sDad Has Heart and Soul of an AngelBubba'sDad Has Heart and Soul of an AngelBubba'sDad Has Heart and Soul of an AngelBubba'sDad Has Heart and Soul of an AngelBubba'sDad Has Heart and Soul of an AngelBubba'sDad Has Heart and Soul of an AngelBubba'sDad Has Heart and Soul of an AngelBubba'sDad Has Heart and Soul of an Angel

wow...a few years back (about 10-12) i dated a girl who was born in 1969....she was crazy...lots of fun...but crazy...(this was back in my motorcycle days...pre-chuck e cheese)....it's hard to think of that girl as 40 and possibly married with kid(s)...

congrats idig...i hope you had a great day...i posted an example personal ad for you in another thread...hope it helps..
Bubba'sDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 09:14 PM   #16
Linds_0606
Parent on Board

Ahhh 69 Camaro SS is my dream car. Preferably dark gray. I love camaros in general, but the 69 was the first year that the put the little detail in the side down the body, and I think it's just beautiful.

Dad has a 67 Camaro SS RS, butternut yellow with a black top. It's drool worthy. And I have a 68 Mustang Convertible... candy apple red. So pretty.
Old 04-26-2009, 09:17 PM   #17
idig Female
SFV JUNKIE!!!

I am seriously jealous right now! Is your dad single?? j/k
Old 04-26-2009, 09:19 PM   #18
Linds_0606
Parent on Board

Haha actually he is! But he's about 18 years your senior. I'd post some pictures of the cars, but I'm not allowed to

My parents divorced when I was about 11. Dad's a car buff...

Mom rides a Harley
Old 04-26-2009, 09:22 PM   #19
idig Female
SFV JUNKIE!!!

You'll be able to pretty soon if you keep posting. I think you get an album at 50 posts? 50 non lounge posts that is..Or you can pay the $15 bucks or whatever it is for full priviliges. Mom has all that info around here somewhere.

What area of town are you in? You said cosmotology school, are you a hairdresser?
Old 04-26-2009, 09:27 PM   #20
Linds_0606
Parent on Board

I'm living in Bluff Park right now. Grew up here. And I did go to Cosmetology School... but I dropped out. Honestly... I loved doing hair. I just couldn't handle the high maintenance women that went with it I still do a little on the side. Friends and family mostly. I'm unemployed right now, unfortunately. Nobody wants to hire a pregnant lady.

I'm considering trying to find something in Childcare, as I've been working in nurseries and babysitting since I was 15. May as well do something that I love & get payed for it.
Old 04-26-2009, 09:29 PM   #21
idig Female
SFV JUNKIE!!!

Oh you have to be kidding me. I live off Tyler road!!!
Old 04-26-2009, 09:32 PM   #22
idig Female
SFV JUNKIE!!!

Have you tried Pioneer Playschool? They have a pretty cool facility. I have no idea what they pay, but most daycares let your child go free when you work there, so that is worth a few bucks right there.
Old 04-26-2009, 09:38 PM   #23
Linds_0606
Parent on Board

Haha yeah I went to Pioneer as a kid. I love that place I haven't tried there just yet. But it was definitely on my list.

And I live right on Chapel Close to Simmons. Like I said, I grew up here. Bluff Park Elementary, Simmons, etc.
Old 04-26-2009, 09:40 PM   #24
idig Female
SFV JUNKIE!!!

Oh, this is too funny! We are probably about 3 miles from each other! I've been on this site for 9 months or so, and you are only the 2nd person I've seen post from Alabama, and we live in the same community. How weird is this???
Old 04-26-2009, 09:44 PM   #25
Linds_0606
Parent on Board

It is very bizarre! I've been net surfing for years and have yet to even really meet anyone from Alabama. To funny

I love the area. Absolutely gorgeous. My grandparents, dad, and uncle & cousins live up here at the top of the mountain as well. Mom resides right down at the bottom.

(On a side note... I'm having a very strange time with the profile thing. I can now change my own profile, but I cannot view it. Or anyone else. Hmmm.)
Old 04-26-2009, 09:48 PM   #26
idig Female
SFV JUNKIE!!!

Yeah, that is part of the post system. I will look real quick and see if I can find the thread with the info and post a link.
Old 04-26-2009, 09:54 PM   #27
idig Female
SFV JUNKIE!!!

I sent a private message to Mom and hopefully she'll be on soon and post a link.

It is nice to have someone from AL here! I hope you stick around! This really is a great place for support and advice, or just to vent. You'll almost always find someone who can relate to what you are going through, or at least listen and offer support.
Old 04-26-2009, 09:57 PM   #28
Linds_0606
Parent on Board

It's good to know that I'm not the only person in Alabama that uses the internet

And thank you! I love it here so far. I'm sure I'll be sticking around!
Old 04-26-2009, 09:59 PM   #29
idig Female
SFV JUNKIE!!!

Teeheehee! There are a few of us that know there is life outside the Southeast!
Old 04-26-2009, 10:01 PM   #30
idig Female
SFV JUNKIE!!!

Mom to the rescue!

Here is the link.....http://www.singlefamilyvoices.com/fo...36&postcount=7
Old 04-26-2009, 10:08 PM   #31
Linds_0606
Parent on Board

Yay!! Thanks
Old 04-26-2009, 10:20 PM   #32
idig Female
SFV JUNKIE!!!

Did it work for you? It didn't take me there....
Old 04-26-2009, 10:30 PM   #33
Linds_0606
Parent on Board

The link didn't, but I found the post as soon as you linked it cause Mom posted on it. hehe. Can you see my profile? Or whatever there is of it? Stuck a myspace link up there.
Old 04-26-2009, 10:40 PM   #34
idig Female
SFV JUNKIE!!!

I can get to your page. I sent you a friend request. I went to your myspace too. Cool page. You have an ecclectic collection of music on your page. I like it! I'll send you a friend request there too.
Old 04-26-2009, 10:42 PM   #35
LSL Female
The blunt one;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linds_0606 View Post
Ahhh 69 Camaro SS is my dream car. Preferably dark gray. I love camaros in general, but the 69 was the first year that the put the little detail in the side down the body, and I think it's just beautiful.

Dad has a 67 Camaro SS RS, butternut yellow with a black top. It's drool worthy. And I have a 68 Mustang Convertible... candy apple red. So pretty.
My dad and I are rebuilding a 68 Carmero SS convertible right now for me. When we are done, it shall be candy red with the white racing stripes down the top. We built a 350 engine all in chrome that is sitting on an engine block waiting for they day he can be lowered into the car! It's been slow going because it take alot of money to do one right, and as a single mom I am on a tight budget, but one day soon, he'll be ready to go!
Old 04-26-2009, 10:46 PM   #36
LSL Female
The blunt one;)

Quote:
Were there any wrecks? That's what half (ok most) the people around here who go want to see. Of course they don't want anybody hurt, just a really crash up.
There were 10 cautions, and 2 serious wrecks. The last wreck was with 1/2 lap to go. Carl Edwards got rubbed from behind, sending him sideways. He hit the back end an flipped in the air, all four tires leaving the ground. The wire catchers in front of the stands caught the car and threw it back out. It rolled again and caught on fire.

I'll tell you what, a few years ago, he would have been dead. That crash was 50x worse then the one that killed Earnhart. But he got up out of the car, and ran across the finish line! . The whole time I was watching in horror and lifting up a prayer for him because I was sure he was seriously hurt. You couldn't see him move for awhile. But when they talked to him afterwards, he said he sat still for a bit because he wanted to make sure nothing had impaled him. Gross.
Old 04-26-2009, 10:50 PM   #37
idig Female
SFV JUNKIE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Law Student Lisa View Post
There were 10 cautions, and 2 serious wrecks. The last wreck was with 1/2 lap to go. Carl Edwards got rubbed from behind, sending him sideways. He hit the back end an flipped in the air, all four tires leaving the ground. The wire catchers in front of the stands caught the car and threw it back out. It rolled again and caught on fire.

I'll tell you what, a few years ago, he would have been dead. That crash was 50x worse then the one that killed Earnhart. But he got up out of the car, and ran across the finish line! . The whole time I was watching in horror and lifting up a prayer for him because I was sure he was seriously hurt. You couldn't see him move for awhile. But when they talked to him afterwards, he said he sat still for a bit because he wanted to make sure nothing had impaled him. Gross.

Ewhh, scary! I'll be hearing about it at work tomorrow I'm sure! I'll be hearing about it for a while actually. Believe me, it is better to watch it on television than to be there, unless you like to get really sunburned, really drunk on Bud and see really drunk women show their boobs. It hit the 90s here today and yesterday. I actually saw a couple from IL last night. They'd been at Talladega w/o sunscreen and they were toasted. In more than one way, actually....
Old 04-26-2009, 10:56 PM   #38
LSL Female
The blunt one;)

My dad and I argued cause he wants to go to Talladega next year and I want a short track that we can see all around on, like at Bristol. One thing for sure, we are going to a race next year. I want to do the weekend pit pass so that we can check out he garages.....I am so intrigued about how they tweek these cars just a bit and they can sail past other cars equipted exactly the same!
Old 04-26-2009, 11:05 PM   #39
idig Female
SFV JUNKIE!!!

Well, if your dad wins and you settle on Talladega, you and yours are welcome to crash at my place. I'm not far, about 45 minutes from Talladega. If you want a place closer, I could scope it out for you. I go to Talladega a couple of times a year, when possible. There is a home for unadoptable children there. My son and I were in a group that "adopted" a cabin there when he was younger. It is harder to get there now with his activity level, but it was good for him, and for me. It's a cool place too. It was built in the wake of the Civil War (aka The War of Northern Aggression). There were so many orphaned children. A group of Steel Magnolias started the place up.
Old 04-26-2009, 11:11 PM   #40
Linds_0606
Parent on Board

Quote:
I can get to your page. I sent you a friend request. I went to your myspace too. Cool page. You have an ecclectic collection of music on your page. I like it! I'll send you a friend request there too.

Request approved! And thank you :] I like a lot of everything musically. Fleetwood Mac & The Doors are my all time favorites. I definitely lean towards classic "hippie" stuff like The Dead, The Mamas & The Papas, Janis, Bob, etc. Of course I was raised on classic country so it has a special place in my heart

Best birthday ever was I think 16 or 17... my sister took me to see Fleetwood Mac. It was unbelievable.
Old 04-27-2009, 12:12 AM   #41
Linds_0606
Parent on Board

Speaking of racing Lisa & Idig... and Lisa I thought about this from reading your other thread about your crim pro class. My friend that does the drag racing has an 18 wheeler with a HUGE cabin. But the actual trailer in the back also has a lounge area with a big screen tv and couches, as well as room for 2 cars. I found myself wondering if the cops would be able to search it... then you answered my question!

I just wish you guys could see this thing. It's so much it almost seems unnecessary hahaha.

Do ya'll ever watch any drag racing? Funny cars, muscle cars, etc? Used to have so much fun going to those races. Of course they were a lot smaller than Nascar. In the middle of nowhere and on a straight track. Ya'll should try it sometime if you haven't
Old 04-27-2009, 12:13 AM   #42
idig Female
SFV JUNKIE!!!

Where did you go to watch these? My daughter went last night to some kind of racing in Sayre...
Old 04-27-2009, 12:17 AM   #43
Linds_0606
Parent on Board

Oh I can't remember really. I'll ask my dad when I talk to him next. I was younger and... of course when you're young it doesn't matter how you go or where you're at, as long as it's fun there I believe there is a track out near West Blocton that I went to with a boyfriend when I was around 16 that was similar to the ones I used to go to.
Old 04-27-2009, 12:38 AM   #44
LSL Female
The blunt one;)

I grew up watching drag racing. My mother does fuel and tax mileage reporting and a few of her clients over the years have been race car, and drag racing trucks....they are incredible inside!