Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey Visitation - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parent Ville ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Single Parents in the United States of America > Alabama

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 11-21-2012, 06:48 PM   #1
Peachbunny Female
Getting My Feet (Board) Wet

Peachbunny is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visitation

Hi is anyone from Shelby county, Alabama or familiar with the typical visitation judges award? I have a 7 month old who will be 9 months old when her dad and I go to court. She has never been away from me not even daycare, I moved back in with my parents so that I could stay home with her while she is small. Her dad has not seem her or done anything for her since July 13th 2012. She is exclusively breastfed and does not take a bottle. Her pediatrician wrote a letter for my lawyer stating that she has been breastfed since birth and has not received a bottle and that he does not recommend for me to pump due to supply issues and his belief in nipple confusion. I'm not looking to keep her away from her dad but I am hoping for visitation to be centered around a sort of step up plan where I could be with her for the first set of visits so that she isn't just going off with a stranger and then we eventually work up to her dad taking her for an hour or two and so on until over the course of time and finally we reach overnights.
Peachbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:32 PM   #2
MotherBoard Female
Making The Magic Happen
Mother Of The Board

MotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support
Default Re: Visitation

I think the courts will allow a step integration like your thinking about. Though over nights may be put in place after integration and and the child is over a year.

I put thins in your other thread:
at 7 months, there is nothing wrong with him visiting her, at your families for an hour or so.
He could hang in the living room with her and some of her stuff [ if she has her own room, he can play and hang there] and he can play with her there while you and family hang in the kitchen.

But 7 months is kinda young to just let him walk away with her to wherever since he hasn't been involved before now.

If he has problems with having to ask to come over... well to bad, that is just politeness to be announced. He need to figure out what more important, his ego or spending time with his kid... at four she isnt going to be doing much board games... if he is at your family's then when he want to go, its an easy transition for him, you and her.
https://www.facebook.com/soloParent
MotherBoard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:00 PM   #3
idig Female
SFV JUNKIE!!!

idig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legend

I am pretty sure there are still no overnight here that young. I don't know but don't think you will be allowed to accompany your child on visitations but am pretty sure that it will be step up with no overnights until she reaches age 2.

To be honest, to me, the nipple confusion stance sounds far fetched as well as unnecessary unless laws have recently changed. That said I presume you have an attorney who is familiar with Shelby County courts and judges. There was a judge on the bench who was very dad friendly in Shelby county, but not unfairly so by most opinions as far as I remember. I will ask around and see if I can find out his name and if he is still serving.
Old 11-23-2012, 12:33 AM   #4
Peachbunny Female
Getting My Feet (Board) Wet

Peachbunny is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for your reply. Would the step up visitation consist of him taking her alone even though he hasnt been in her life?
Peachbunny is offline   Reply With Quote