Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Tips, Tricks & Ideas ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> School & Work Life > Campus Single Parents

Notices

Old 08-17-2010, 12:30 PM   #1
momofTDR
Marja

momofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With SupportmomofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With SupportmomofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With SupportmomofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With SupportmomofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With SupportmomofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With SupportmomofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With SupportmomofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With SupportmomofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With SupportmomofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With SupportmomofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With Support
Unhappy Prayers...advice.....whatever

My pell grant has a hold. An "attendance hold". I got my loans....but haven't gotten the refund yet. I called and told her my opinion as to why it was witheld and she said that wasn't it because it ALL would have been held, not just the pell grant. Well, I'm sorry, but I don't want to pay for my school with a loan and if they take the pell, I just know what to do. It's enough to pay my rent through January! HUGE! I can't figure out the attendance hold as I go to school daily, have a high GPA, work part time, and filed taxes exactly as I understood to file them. Because of not receiving that scholarship money from the church (hopefully, I can say yet)....I do know what I'm going to do with the Thank You card, but can't send it till I get some money, I am in the negative...and have 1 gallon of gas in my car. Thankfully with my roadside service if I run all the way out, they will put 3 gallons in.

I just need something with school financing to work right. I have rent coming due, haven't bought any of my books, can't pay another bill, my kids need school clothes and supplies and it is all waiting on my school money. I have so many different places it's coming from and yet, everything seems to be having a problem.

I know many others have it far worse, but prayers please! The stress is killing me.
momofTDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 12:33 PM   #2
Bluemoon
just an old hippie chick

Bluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support Legend
Default Re: Prayers...advice.....whatever

I'm not much help, I'm so sorry. I just know nothing about these things with school.
I do send best wishes and prayers that it all works out soon. Hugs!

To disagree, one doesn't have to be disagreeable. ~Barry M. Goldwater and Jack Casserly, Goldwater

Life is all about how you handle Plan B. ~ off a Blue Mountain Arts calendar
Bluemoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 12:59 PM   #3
LSL
The blunt one;)

LSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support Legend

So sorry! I had this happen to me once....I know not helpful. But what I will say is it was resolved quickly. Basically the school has to verify that you attend.
Old 08-17-2010, 01:42 PM   #4
comingup4air
Putting my child first...

comingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Support

I also hope this gets resolved quickly for you. I know about the stress of money (or lack there of) can keep you up at night.
comingup4air is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 03:28 PM   #5
AamyluvroN
Lively & Zealous Parent

AamyluvroN has a brilliant futureAamyluvroN has a brilliant futureAamyluvroN has a brilliant future

I hope everything works out for you. I have never heard of an attendance hold before, I know at the community college I attend you do not get a refund until the drop date has passed. At my university the grants and scholarships were processed first before the loans. Did you ask her specifically what the hold was for and what has to be dont go have it removed? She said your reason wasnt the reason why it was withheld so it must be something else.
AamyluvroN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 05:22 PM   #6
momofTDR
Marja

momofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With SupportmomofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With SupportmomofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With SupportmomofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With SupportmomofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With SupportmomofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With SupportmomofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With SupportmomofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With SupportmomofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With SupportmomofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With SupportmomofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With Support

Ok...I had asked and they didn't know I got the "I'm not sure what that hold is for, I'll have to ask my supervisor." Uggh.

I went in, in person....the financial aid office sent me to the cashiers office (across campus, because that makes sense?) and the gal there was oober helpful. I got that it is because of the lack of my summer transcript that my pell was held...found out why my money that I have expected as a refund hasn't hit my checking account (I signed up a day too late and it will be a check mailed). Got home, and all be, the scholarship from the church check was in the mail as well as two other scholarship congrats letters totaling another $1000! That in addition to WIA paid for my books in advance today using a purchase order, and sent the remainder of my WIA money to the school for my "tuition" so I'll get it back after it goes through the system, probably Friday or Saturday. YAY!!! Amazing how it all worked out, plus some. One of those scholarships that I got the letter for, was only a $250 scholarship, yet I got $500!
momofTDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 05:46 PM   #7
Bluemoon
just an old hippie chick

Bluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support Legend

And God said, let there be further education.......

So happy for you!

To disagree, one doesn't have to be disagreeable. ~Barry M. Goldwater and Jack Casserly, Goldwater

Life is all about how you handle Plan B. ~ off a Blue Mountain Arts calendar
Bluemoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 06:06 PM   #8
LSL
The blunt one;)

LSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support Legend

Awesome! Isn't it amazing how when we just don't know how we are going to do it, somehow the ability is provided? Awesome.