Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Tips, Tricks & Ideas ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> School & Work Life > Campus Single Parents

Notices

Old 01-02-2009, 05:53 PM   #1
sarara
I am New

sarara is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm a single mom who's finishing up a master's degree this semester. I've been putting some serious thought into going to med school in 2010, but I don't know any other single parents who've been through med school. I'm curious what others' experiences have been. I know it's tough, but is it doable? I've been a full time student for three of my son's four years, so it won't be a drastic shift for the first couple of years, but I wonder how other single parents handle internships and residency?
sarara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 12:13 AM   #2
LSL
The blunt one;)

LSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support Legend

I can't talk about med-school, but I am currently going through law school--which presents some of the very same dilemmas. I think it is doable IF you have support people around you to help you. I have built a large network of family and friends, all of whom will step in the fill the void when need be.

I have found that when you truly want something, that there is a way to accomplish it.

Hopefully someone else will be able to advise--maybe even in RN with funky hours......