Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey Help me maintain my scholarship - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Tips, Tricks & Ideas ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> School & Work Life > Campus Single Parents

Notices

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 08-11-2013, 11:42 AM   #1
ampowell Female
I am New

ampowell is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi Help me maintain my scholarship

Hello everyone. I came to this forum because of help to find resources to help me maintain my scholarship with the University I attend. I recently was emailed telling me I cannot attend until I come up with almost 1400 dollars to return. I just had a son and was guaranteed my return. Now they are telling me I cannot due to a balance. It was never a problem before. All I want to do is finish my BA Degreefor my son and I. Having a child, it seems as if they are making it harder for me. I am not in academic jeopardy. I do not work. My mother has supported me and now she has to help with my grandfather who is dying of cancer. So I came to this site through Google because I need help for my son and I to finishmy degree program.
Just because a baby is born does not mean you have to give up on your goals or dream, they just become more visual towards completion with urgency.
My name is Adrielle, and if you know of any organizations who can help me here in the Peoria, IL area. My newborn son and I would appreciate it.

GODs Love is with us all.
ampowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 01:10 PM   #2
Couperc Female
Parent on Board

Couperc has much to be proud ofCouperc has much to be proud of
Default Re: Introductions For New Members- PT2

Dear ampowell,

I am assuming you have checked into student loans, pell, and emergency loans through your college. If your college has a student advocate or advisor I would call them. Most colleges offer something to help, as many people come across challenging situations in life. My college offered childcare for parents and non- traditional students. I hope this helps a little. Congratulations on your new baby and yes dreams to seem to become better when you have a little one. Keep going, I have five still at home and I am finishing my masters!!
Yes, single parent and no extended family. I am glad you have your mom!! Christine
Couperc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 09:36 AM   #3
MotherBoard Female
Making The Magic Happen
Mother Of The Board

MotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support
Default Re: Help me maintain my scholarship

Welcome ,
I gave you your own thread to help

You may want to go through this catagory on our forum
http://singlefamilyvoices.com/forum/...splay.php?f=61

Many resources are listed to help

Hope you updated us on what you find for the next parent ... and maybe add your voice to anothers post ~ and best of luck
https://www.facebook.com/soloParent
MotherBoard is offline   Reply With Quote