Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Tips, Tricks & Ideas ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> School & Work Life > Campus Single Parents

Notices

Old 11-05-2008, 02:52 AM   #1
Kitkatbrat
Parent on Board

Kitkatbrat is an unknown quantity at this point

I decided I want to move up to my dads & go to school. I still have full custoday of my 2 boys. The program is for front office medical person & from what I'm thinking, could take 6+ quarters. I don't know if I'd be working or not..let alone living situations. I am so scared this isn't gonna work but scared to stay here. What else can I take into consideration to make the right decision?
Kitkatbrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 07:39 AM   #2
LSL
The blunt one;)

LSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support Legend

Weight whether you can give up your total freedom. I speak from personal experience. I moved back with my parents when I started my 3rd year of undergrad and stayed through this year. All and all it is the best decision I made. My parents were there to look after my daughter when I couldn't. I wish I could of stayed, but something arose with my younger sister where she needed to stay there more than I did.

Don't worry about money. Financial aid will work for you. Remember that you can ask for more financial to include the cost of child care. Also, remember to have them adjust it in the financial aid office at school for the fact that you have 2 children. They almost always do not do this and instead figure it for only one person. This can make a big difference for hte money you receive for living expenses.

Go for it. You may need to make a few sacrafices now, but overall the quality of life for your family will improve.