Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey scholarship information here if you want it - Page 2 - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Tips, Tricks & Ideas ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> School & Work Life > Campus Single Parents

Notices

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 10-27-2004, 08:45 PM   #46
dlb323
I am New

dlb323 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Melissa,
Thanks for the info. I am currently a student pursuing a Business degree. I am a mother of 2 and survivor of domestic violence. I am in IL. Thanks for your help.
Deb
dlb323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 10:44 PM   #47
Pockettz
Parent on Board

Pockettz is an unknown quantity at this point

I am interested in Bachelor of Arts.... Major in psychology. Thank you.. Going to Saskatchewan for schooling.

Krystal

Thank you
Pockettz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004, 03:01 PM   #48
mayashyn
Visitor

Hi im in Florida, with 2 children, currently looking to get my associates degree in Buisness mgmt.
Thanks
Old 11-02-2004, 01:38 AM   #49
indymom
On the Board

indymom is an unknown quantity at this point

hello i did not know if this was still going on or not but i am trying to go back to school for nursing in Indiana and i have one child i would appreciate any information you can give thanks!
indymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004, 11:46 AM   #50
zoeandowensmom
I am New

zoeandowensmom is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by SoGaNurse:
[qb] I bought a book full of scholorship information. If you are interested in some then please let me know where you live and what you are majoring in. I'll look it up for you and let you know!

Melissa [/qb]
hello...i live in Ohio attending Lakeland Community College...graphic art
zoeandowensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 03:06 PM   #51
leeann255
I am New

leeann255 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
[qb] I bought a book full of scholorship information. If you are interested in some then please let me know where you live and what you are majoring in. I'll look it up for you and let you know!

Melissa [/qb]
leeann255 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 03:07 PM   #52
leeann255
I am New

leeann255 is an unknown quantity at this point

massachusetts/business administration/management

thanks! that would be a big help!
leeann255 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2004, 05:23 PM   #53
murphy51364
I am New

murphy51364 is an unknown quantity at this point

This is wounderful I have been spending days on the internet looking for scholarships. I live in Iowa majoring in Administrative Assistant if you can help me that would be great
murphy51364 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 12:12 PM   #54
mom_newlife
I am New

mom_newlife is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

Melissa [/qb]
mom_newlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 12:14 PM   #55
mom_newlife
I am New

mom_newlife is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, I am in the state of Iowa and am wondering if you would be able to give me some information on scholorships I can apply for. I keep doing my research but I just go around in circles on the internet looking for information. I am going into nursing. thanks so much for your help!!
mom_newlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 04:21 PM   #56
Gabriella's Mama
I am New

Gabriella's Mama is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi! I'm a new member. Hope it't not too late to look me up in your book. I'm a junior Political Science (pre-law) major in Southeast TX. I'm currently in Lamar University. THanks soooo much!!!!
Gabriella's Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 03:13 PM   #57
erin19
Active Board Parent

erin19 is an unknown quantity at this point

Im also a new member...are you still offering help? I go to school in northern california and major in business with a minor in accounting.
erin19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 04:59 PM   #58
angel arellano
I am New

angel arellano is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

Melissa [/qb]
I think what your doing is great. Hello my name is Angel, and I am a current student at California State University, Monterey Bay. I'm still doing undergrad courses for my Liberal Studies major. So if you find anything for that let me know. I'm going to school to become an elementary school teacher.

By the way, anyone who reads this: I am currently in charge of trying to put a program together for single parents. So if anyone has any ideas of things I can try to get started for my fellow single parents, please let me know.

Thanks
angel arellano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2005, 11:53 PM   #59
tadams7180
Visitor

Quote:

Melissa [/qb]
Old 08-23-2005, 12:34 PM   #60
Ange
I am New

Ange is an unknown quantity at this point

I would love information for going back to school for Paralegal. I live in Connecticut and have an 11 year old boy
Ange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 04:26 PM   #61
my3sons
I am New

my3sons is an unknown quantity at this point

My name is Lisa and I live in RI. I am doing a triple major: Social Work, Psychology and Chemical Depenency. Thank you
Quote:
I bought a book full of scholorship information. If you are interested in some then please let me know where you live and what you are majoring in. I'll look it up for you and let you know!<br /><br />Melissa
my3sons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 10:16 AM   #62
missabb
Board Blazen Parent

missabb is an unknown quantity at this point

I am a pre nursing student. Freshman. GPA 3.65 I have ten years background in nursing as an LPN. I have one child. . Any scholarship info you could offer me would be much appreciated. How kind of you to offer.
Old 01-10-2007, 02:47 PM   #63
BigBobby Male
Setting New Standards

BigBobby has disabled reputation

Hey Missabb,

This post is really old; I doubt that the woman you responded to is going to answer.

I'm pretty good at getting money for school, however. So far I've gotten 3 degrees and thousands in scholarship money, although Federal Aid has really been the key for me. I read about your going to school in another thread. Are you currently getting *any* assistance with the tuition?

Later,
Bobby
BigBobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 01:16 PM   #64
missabb
Board Blazen Parent

missabb is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for replying Bobby. I didnt realize until after I entered my request how old the thread was. I am getting a small amount of state and federal aid. I was working full time prior to starting school so my income was a bit higher. So, I didnt qualify for much aid this year. The program I am trying to get into is pretty competetive, so I have to keep a pretty high GPA. I was planning to be able to work about 4-6 days per two weeks but with the load I am taking on right now I've only been able to work about 2. So with my income being much lower this year I am assuming that I may qualify for more aid. Any advice you have would be really appreciated. Thank you. Missabb
Old 02-11-2007, 04:47 PM   #65
Robin Female
Lively & Zealous Parent

Robin has a spectacular aura about

American Education Services (AES) - a division of PHEAA
www.aessuccess.org - American Education Services (AES) has grown from a small student loan guarantor with a volume of only 4,600 student loans in 1964, to one of the largest, full-service financial aid organizations in the nation. For nearly 40 years, AES has devoted its energy, resources, and imagination to creating affordable access to higher education for students and their families. AES continues to take a leadership role in developing innovative ways to ease the financial burdens of students and borrowers, while streamlining financial aid delivery systems for schools and lenders.

American Student Assistance
www.amsa.com: As one of the nation's largest student loan guarantors, American Student Assistance (ASA) is dedicated to assisting students and their parents in successfully completing a program of education financing and repayment. ASA delivers quality Federal Family Education Loan Program (FFELP) guarantee, origination, fund delivery, and default prevention services to students, parents, schools, and lenders. Incorporated in 1956 as the nation's first guarantee agency, ASA guarantees more than $780 million in student loans annually and currently manages a student loan portfolio worth $9.8 billion.

College Access Network
www.college-access.net: College Access Network is Colorado's designated student loan guarantor. For more information, call 1-303-305-3000, TDD 1-800-727-5343 or write to College Access Network at 999 18th Street Suite 425, Denver, Colorado, 80202. Please send email to askops@college-access.net. Related Web sites include StudentLoanOnline, College Access Network's online loan interface. College Access Network — "You'll Succeed, We'll Help".

Connecticut Student Loan Foundation
cslf.com: The Connecticut Student Loan Foundation (CSLF) is a national, non-profit agency which administers, guarantees, finances, and services the Federal Family Education Loan Program (FFELP). CSLF offers services to students, parents, schools, and lenders. By serving as guarantor, lender, and servicer, CSLF can provide all loan services from application through repayment, for the life of the loan. CSLF has over 35 years of experience providing assistance to students and parents seeking to finance a higher education.

ECMC
www.ecmc.org: ECMC exists to provide a unique range of services to students, schools, and lenders participating in the Federal Family Educational Loan Program (FFELP). ECMC guarantees Stafford, PLUS, and Consolidation loans for students, parents, schools and lenders; and acts as the designated guarantor for the Commonwealth of Virginia and the state of Oregon. They provide information and assistance to borrowers whose loans were originally guaranteed by the Higher Education Assistance Foundation (HEAF) and provide technical assistance to other participants in the FFELP.

EDFUND / California Student Aid Commission
www.edfund.org / www.csac.ca.gov: EDFUND, a nonprofit public benefit corporation, is the nation's second largest provider of student loan guarantee services under the Federal Family Education Loan Program. EDFUND offers students a wide range of financial aid and debt management information, while supporting schools with advanced loan processing solutions and default prevention techniques. EDFUND operates as an auxiliary corporation of the California Student Aid Commission (CSAC). Since its creation by the Legislature in 1955, the CSAC has continued to evolve in response to the changing needs of California students and postsecondary institutions. Once a small state scholarship agency with a handful of employees, CSAC has become a highly complex financial aid organization.

Education Assistance Corporation
www2.eac-easci.org/welcome.shtml: Education Assistance Corporation (EAC) is a private nonprofit corporation located in Aberdeen, SD. EAC was established in 1978 to guarantee loans under the Federal Family Education Loan Program. Through its subsidiary, EASCI, EAC services student loans for lenders. They also provide financial aid information and technical service to students and schools. EAC believes that the most important thing it has to offer its customers is outstanding customer service. As a result, EAC strives to provide fast, efficient, and friendly service to the students, parents, schools, and lending institutions. EAC's mission is to provide financial access to postsecondary education through a service-oriented approach to students, schools, and lenders.

Finance Authority of Maine (FAME)
www.famemaine.com: Finance Authority of Maine (FAME) is an independent state agency that develops and administers programs related to the financing of both higher education and business in the state of Maine. FAME's primary goal is to provide targeted financing tools, information, and solutions that enable Maine citizens to take advantage of opportunities that might otherwise be unavailable. FAME represents "Business and Education at Work for Maine." They operate with the knowledge that in today's economy, businesses need a well-educated work force as well as adequate capital. Financial solutions that help people attain higher education and help businesses prosper will result in a better place for all Maine citizens to work and live.

Florida Office of Student Financial Assistance (OSFA)
www.fldoe.org: The Florida Office of Student Financial Assistance (OSFA) provides access to grants, scholarships, and loans. OSFA is a guaranty agency for the Federal Family Education Loan Program (FFELP).

Georgia Student Finance Commission (GSFC)
www.gsfc.org / www.GAcollege411.org: The mission of the Georgia Student Finance Commission (GSFC) is to promote and increase access to education beyond high school for Georgians by delivering student financial aid information, services, and funding in a way that is fiscally responsible and understandable. GSFC administers state grant and scholarships programs and the Federal Family Education Loan Program (FFELP).

Great Lakes Higher Education Guaranty Corporation
www.mygreatlakes.com: Great Lakes Higher Education Guaranty Corporation is a national leader in the student loan industry and provides services to both lenders and guaranty agencies. Great Lakes works with schools and lenders to determine the amount of financial aid for which students qualify. They see that the funds students need are disbursed to the school on the date the school specifies. They're available to answer questions about student loans and, if borrowers need help repaying their loans, they'll be here to help them understand their rights and responsibilities.

Illinois Student Assistance Commission (ISAC)
www.collegezone.com: In 1957, state lawmakers created the Illinois Student Assistance Commission (ISAC) to ensure that financial considerations did not prevent Illinois students from realizing their postsecondary educational goals. Since then, ISAC has assisted an increasing number of students and administered an increasing number of programs. ISAC's priority, however, has remained constant: making postsecondary education accessible for the students and families of Illinois. To better serve its clients, ISAC has evolved into a one-stop financial aid center, offering a comprehensive array of programs and services. At every stage of the financial aid process, ISAC is there, acting as a centralized source of information and guidance. In Illinois, ISAC administers most of the key state and federal grant, scholarship, loan, and prepaid tuition programs available to postsecondary students, annually awarding more than $1 billion to over 250,000 students.

Iowa College Student Aid Commission (ICSAC)
www.iowacollegeaid.org/: Every year thousands of Iowa students and families benefit from the services of the Iowa College Student Aid Commission (ICSAC). The Commission is a state agency that advocates for Iowa students and administers scholarship, grant, loan, and related programs to help students finance education expenses at colleges and universities of their choice. Commission services include administration of student financing, information services, research, and program evaluation.

Kentucky Higher Education Assistance Authority (KHEAA)
www.kheaa.com: The Kentucky Higher Education Assistance Authority (KHEAA) is a public corporation and governmental agency and instrumentality of the Commonwealth, established in 1966 to improve students' access to higher education. To that end, KHEAA administers several financial aid programs and disseminates information about higher education opportunities.

Louisiana Office of Student Financial Assistance (OSFA)
www.osfa.state.la.us/: Louisiana Office of Student Financial Assistance's (OSFA) vision is to enable every resident of Louisiana to realize their career goals and educational aspirations by providing a single source and point of contact for the financial resources which are needed to pursue the postsecondary studies essential to the achievement of those goals. Their mission is to manage and administer the federal and state financial aid programs which are assigned to the Louisiana Student Financial Assistance Commission and the Louisiana Tuition Trust Authority.

Michigan Higher Education Assistance Authority - Michigan Guaranty Agency
www.michigan.gov/mistudentaid: The Michigan Higher Education Assistance Authority (MHEAA) was authorized by Act 77 of the Public Acts of 1960, as amended. The MHEAA, established to enhance freedom of choice and equality of access to Michigan students seeking a postsecondary education, administers a wide variety of state and federal scholarship, grant, and loan programs. The MHEAA performs the services to help make a postsecondary education affordable and achievable for Michigan residents.

Missouri Department of Higher Education/Missouri DHE Student Loan Program
www.dhe.mo.gov: The Missouri Department of Higher Education (DHE), provides free resources, assistance, and customer service for students, parents, postsecondary institutions, high schools, lenders, secondary student loan markets, legislators, and government agencies to help students access postsecondary education in Missouri. The DHE also continues to develop and provide free information about planning and paying for college, as well as managing student loan debt.

Montana Guaranteed Student Loan Program
www.mgslp.state.mt.us: The Montana Guaranteed Student Loan Program (MGSLP) is a state agency within the Office of the Commissioner of Higher Education. MGSLP's purpose is to administer the Federal Family Education Loan Program (FFELP), the High School Honor Scholarship, the Gear Up Scholarship, and other state grants and state work study programs.

National Student Loan Program (NSLP)
www.nslp.org: The National Student Loan Program (NSLP) works with post-secondary schools and student loan lenders across the country to help college students access low-cost student loans under the Federal Family Education Loan Program (FFELP). The NSLP streamlines the student loan process by providing free, electronic products and its innovative blanket guaranty to schools and lenders so they can quickly deliver loans to students. The NSLP works diligently to prevent student loan defaults, and offer free loan education products that schools and lenders can use to counsel students before and after they borrow. Headquartered in Lincoln, Nebraska, NSLP is a private, nonprofit corporation that is the 7th largest student loan guaranty agency in the country with annual loan guarantees of over $1 billion.

New Hampshire Higher Education Assistance Foundation (NHHEAF)
www.nhheaf.org: The New Hampshire Higher Education Assistance Foundation (NHHEAF) was established by the banking community in 1962 to guarantee student loans and, since 1965, has been the designated guarantor for the Federal Family Education Loan Program (FFELP) in New Hampshire. For fiscal year 2002, NHHEAF guaranteed nearly 41,000 loans totaling $160 million and was noted as having the lowest default rate in the nation for the year 2000 - 1.4 percent.

New Jersey Higher Education Student Assistance Authority (HESAA)
www.hesaa.org: Established in 1959, the New Jersey Higher Education Student Assistance Authority (HESAA) provides students and families with the financial and informational resources for students to pursue their education beyond high school. Education is the cornerstone of HESAA's administration. As part of its commitment to New Jersey families, HESAA is working aggressively to make college education and technical training affordable and accessible. HESAA provides nearly $1 billion in financial aid annually. The agency also assists hundreds of thousands of students and families each year.

New Mexico Student Loan Guarantee Corporation (NMSLGC)
www.nmstudentloans.org: The New Mexico Student Loan Guarantee Corporation (NMSLGC) was created in 1981 to improve educational opportunities for residents of New Mexico. NMSLGC's business is student loans, and they continue to be a major force in the New Mexico student loan program. Meeting the high costs of an education can be challenging--that's where NMSLGC comes in. Since its beginning, NMSLGC has guaranteed more than 1.1 billion dollars in student loans! Everyday, they help students and parents realize their higher education dreams. Today, more than ever, NMSLGC's focus to improve educational opportunities for the residents of New Mexico continues to be at the heart of their business.

New York State Higher Education Services Corporation (HESC)
www.hesc.com: The New York State Higher Education Services Corporation (HESC) is the state agency that helps people pay for college by administering the Tuition Assistance Program (TAP), guaranteeing student loans, offering guidance and administering a highly successful College Savings program for students and families.

North Carolina State Education Assistance Authority (NCSEAA)
www.ncseaa.edu: The North Carolina State Education Assistance Authority (NCSEAA) is North Carolina's agency for college student financial aid. NCSEAA administers a variety of programs designed to help college students pay the costs of higher education, including state financial assistance programs and the Federal Family Education Loan Program (FFELP).
Northwest Education Loan Association (NELA)
www.nela.net: Northwest Education Loan Association (NELA) is a not-for-profit guaranty agency that works in partnership with schools, banks, and other lending institutions to help students continue their education. NELA administers the Federal Family Education Program (FFELP) and guarantees the loans against default. This guarantee allows commercial lenders to make loans to students, who often have no collateral or credit history.

Oklahoma Guaranteed Student Loan Program (OGSLP)
www.ogslp.org: In 1965, the Oklahoma State legislature created the Oklahoma Guaranteed Student Loan Program (OGSLP) to ensure that financial considerations did not prevent Oklahoma citizens from realizing their postsecondary educational goals. Operating as part of the Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education, OGSLP serves as the primary guarantor of federal student loans for Oklahoma students, colleges, and universities. OGSLP participates in the Federal Family Education Loan Program (FFELP), guarantying Subsidized Federal Stafford Loans, Unsubsidized Federal Stafford Loans, Federal PLUS Loans, and Federal Consolidation Loans. OGSLP is dedicated to providing outstanding customer care. Whether a student needs guarantee information regarding his or her loan application or a school needs current loan training, OGSLP is there.

Rhode Island Higher Education Assistance Authority (RIHEAA)
www.riheaa.org: The Rhode Island Higher Education Assistance Authority (RIHEAA) provides financial assistance to students and their families to help them realize their postsecondary educational goals. RIHEAA's mission is to enhance educational access and choice for the residents of Rhode Island by promoting equality of opportunity for postsecondary education to students who would otherwise be restricted financially from participating in the educational program best suited to them.

South Carolina Student Loan Corporation (SCSLC)
www.scstudentloan.org: The South Carolina Student Loan Corporation (SCSLC) was established in 1974 for one purpose: to finance postsecondary education. SCSLC offers student loans through several federal loan programs, including Stafford Loans for students, PLUS Loans for parents, and Consolidation Loans for borrowers who want to combine all of their federal student loans into one. SCSLC is also the only source for loans under the South Carolina Teacher Loan Program. SCSLC is so dedicated to making higher education affordable that they do not charge Stafford, Consolidation or Teacher Loan borrowers fees for their loans. Parents are charged a 3 percent origination fee for their PLUS Loans, but receive a credit to their account equivalent to the fee.

Student Loan Guarantee Foundation of Arkansas (SLGFA)
www.slgfa.org: The Student Loan Guarantee Foundation of Arkansas (SLGFA) is a private, non-profit corporation which was established in December, 1966. From its inception, SLGFA's purpose has been to provide student loan guarantees for students pursuing a higher education. The Foundation builds on a proud legacy. From the beginning, students and parents have benefited from loans guaranteed by SLGFA. In December, 2000, SLGFA experienced a significant milestone in its history, surpassing the two billion dollar mark of student loans guaranteed.

Student Loans of North Dakota (SLND)
www.mystudentloanonline.com: Student Loans of North Dakota (SLND) is administered by Bank of North Dakota (BND) and offers a variety of loan programs to help students and parents finance a college education, including a Consolidation Loan program, a secondary market, loan servicing options, and a Student Loan Lender Alliance program (SLLA), each of which facilitate involvement of participating lenders in the Federal Family Education Loan Program (FFELP). SLND's College Information Service (CIS) has been named the "#1 source for college planning" by high school counselors, and is widely used by students, parents, high schools, and colleges.

Tennessee Student Assistance Corporation (TSAC)
www.state.tn.us/tsac: Tennessee Student Assistance Corporation (TSAC) was created by the Tennessee General Assembly in 1974 as a non-profit corporation with the merging of the Tennessee Educational Loan Corporation and the Tennessee Tuition Grant Program. TSAC is Tennessee's designated federal guaranty agency for the Federal Family Education Loan Program (FFELP). TSAC also administers other state and federal student assistance programs, as authorized.

TG
www.tgslc.org: For more than 25 years, TG has helped ensure educational access for millions of students by guaranteeing education loans. TG's reputation for exceptional customer service and insight into the changing needs of students and families, financial aid professionals, and lending/servicing institutions has led them to become one of the largest student loan guarantors in the nation. Add to that TG's collection of innovative solutions and tools, particularly in the areas of financial aid processing, electronic funds transfer, and default prevention, and it's no wonder that institutions across the country are making TG their guarantor of choice. TG also provides Adventures in Education to assist parents and students in preparing for and transiting to higher education, along with developing specialized content for guidance counselors to assist them in the important role they play in students' middle school to college years.

United Student Aid (USA) Funds, Inc.
www.usafunds.org: USA Funds® is a nonprofit corporation that supports access to education by providing financial and other valued services to those who pursue, provide, or promote education. USA Funds links colleges, universities, proprietary schools, private lenders, students, and parents to promote financial access to higher learning. Established in Indianapolis in 1960 to help families finance rising college costs, USA Funds has grown to become the nation's largest guarantor of loans made under the Federal Family Education Loan Program (FFELP). During the past 40 years, the USA Funds guarantee has supported a total of $68 billion in financial aid for higher education. USA Funds has served nearly 9.9 million students and parents, as well as thousands of educational and financial institutions.

Utah Higher Education Assistance Authority (UHEAA)
www.uheaa.org/: The Utah Higher Education Assistance Authority (UHEAA), a subsidiary of the State Board of Regents, administers Utah's student financial aid programs, including the student loan guarantee program and secondary market, state need-based financial aid, the Utah Educational Savings Plan Trust, and the Utah Engineering and Computer Sciences Loan Forgiveness Program. UHEAA's mission includes comprehensive outreach and information to assist citizens in planning for and financing postsecondary education, and special programs to keep student loans affordable and help borrowers avoid delinquencies and defaults. UHEAA's student loan default rate is among the very lowest nationally.
Vermont Student Assistance Corporation (VSAC)
Old 02-12-2007, 07:38 AM   #66
binarian
Setting New Standards

binarian is just really nice

Miss Robin, she been busy with the info gettin....
binarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 12:23 PM   #67
emmi
I am New

emmi is an unknown quantity at this point

i am majoring in physical therapy my email is emily_mcurry@yahoo.com my home address is po box 53 alamo tn 38001 thank you
emmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 05:40 PM   #68
jamie4565
I am New

jamie4565 is an unknown quantity at this point

This is great of you to do - I'm glad to see so many people excited about their education. I found an article about college scholarships online that was pretty helpful. After reading it, I signed up for two of the accounts and have been hunting for scholarships since.

Best of luck

Jamie
jamie4565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 03:30 PM   #69
valknight
I am New

valknight is an unknown quantity at this point

i am a single father in TN i joined Itt tech, for an associates degree in computer networking systems, i dont know if you can help out but if you can i would greatly appreciate it
valknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 11:22 AM   #70
DoubleL
I am New

DoubleL is an unknown quantity at this point

I am new to this sight and it just happens that I am admitted at a college here in Pinellas County. I am returning to school to get an AS degree and become an RN. I happened to be online looking of scholarships and found this site and your post.
Can you send me any scholarship information you might have to get a nursing degree in this area of Florida?
Thank you so much for sharing!
DoubleL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 06:54 PM   #71
j's mommy
I am New

j's mommy is an unknown quantity at this point

to YoungMomOf3 and anyone else in that sort of situation,
The system sucks..when you make a little too much you assistance is cut off and you make too little. I am not sure what you grades /test scores were/are like but what can work is to apply to your larger state schools that have family housing, most of the time it is really cheap. I was @LSU in 2005 and my 2 bed apt with utilities was 425/month. Additionally you then get financial aid including work study, your work study keeps you "employed" and meets the activity hours requirement but since it is part of you federal financial aid package, it doesn't count as income. Best of both worlds. You should then be able to get your Medicaid (or at most large state universities , student health is included for free or low cost), food stamps,child care assistance (most daycare associated with universities are affordable for students and accept childcare assistance), and WIC. I wish you the best of luck
j's mommy is offline   Reply With Quote