Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Tips, Tricks & Ideas ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> School & Work Life > Campus Single Parents

Notices

Old 04-01-2009, 10:51 PM   #1
LSL
The blunt one;)

LSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support Legend
Default Finals coming up AGAIN

So, I have been around this forum for awhile now, and so this will be my second round of finals coming up......They actually don't start for a couple of weeks, but I could use some good thoughts and prayers now.

If you remember, last time my cyatic nerve flared and I ended up on vicodin and bed rest for the whole of my finals. This greatly effected my gpa....and I mean greatly. I would really like to be healthy and slam these finals out.

On another note, I registered for my second to last semester today and am taking some VERY interesting classes---I have taped out all the family law classes now, so I had to branch out. My second greatest love is constitutional law/civil rights. So I had this idea of writing my final 3rd year paper on making being a single parent a protected class that cannot be discriminated against. Still flushing this one out a bit, but I will let you all know [I know you will be hanging out waiting for this most interesting topic]. But I will be taking Refugee Law, Civil Rights Litigation, Race and the Law, Oregon Criminal Procedure, State Constitutional Law, and Comparitive Constitutional Law..............see where I am going with that one?

AND YAHOO I JUST GOT MY COURT CERTIFICATION.........What does this mean----In May I will walk into court for the first time and be able to walk across the bar and represent the state on perliminary issues and trials without parents. I am so stoked. It is one more step or milestone I was not sure I would ever, ever reach.

So anyway, I know that I have not been on as much, but I am preparing to try and not lose my mind over the next couple of months.
Old 04-01-2009, 11:21 PM   #2
idig
SFV JUNKIE!!!

idig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legend

Congrats on the certification!

It's hard to believe it is finals time again! I'll send prayers and good thoughts your way, but I know you will slam them! Heck if you can come out ok on bed rest and vicodin, this will be a piece of cake!

Are you still working out? That can be a great stress reliever and confidence builder! We are rooting for you! All of us lawyer, court system bashing folks want another good lawyer with a good heart out there!!!

You are an awesome mom, sister, aunt, and a smart and enthusiastic attny in training. You will be a great one!

Sure as night will follow day. Most things I worry about. Never happen anyway. ~ Tom Petty
idig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 11:22 PM   #3
dalilamakarma
Setting New Standards

dalilamakarma is an unknown quantity at this point

Good for you, and all the well wishes, and happy thoughts that can be sent your way.
Dali
Old 04-01-2009, 11:27 PM   #4
alexmichele07
Sparkles & Glitter

alexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Support

Congrats and good luck all at the same time!!!

I'm so jealous... I wish I was stressed about finals right now! I'd be a career student if it would pay all the bills (and if they'd let me back in ... ) !!
alexmichele07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 11:40 PM   #5
LSL
The blunt one;)

LSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by idig View Post
Congrats on the certification!

Are you still working out? That can be a great stress reliever and confidence builder! We are rooting for you! All of us lawyer, court system bashing folks want another good lawyer with a good heart out there!!!

You are an awesome mom, sister, aunt, and a smart and enthusiastic attny in training. You will be a great one!
Thank you for the compliment!

And yes, I am still working out. Trying to step it up and switch things around right now........I have not been losing weight, but I see muscle definition, so that's good. And I decided to run a half-marathon in June in Seattle.......Up to 7 miles right now........
Old 04-02-2009, 05:16 AM   #6
Marielle
Board Beacon Parent

Marielle is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile

Lisa, I will send a little prayer up there for you.

You are an inspiration to us all!!

Oh, wish I could come in to court and see you at work....I bet you are brilliant!!
Marielle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 06:27 AM   #7
comingup4air
Putting my child first...

comingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Law Student Lisa View Post

So anyway, I know that I have not been on as much, but I am preparing to try and not lose my mind over the next couple of months.
I've missed you, but you've been on some and been giving great advice as usual.
GOOD luck on your finals. You don't need luck, you ROCK all on your own.

Idig is the backbone and center for all of us!
Blue lives where I want to live.
AM is the person who keeps me sane.
Lisa is the person who makes dreams real.
Natty inspires me.
Dad and Muskie restored my faith in men.
*Favorite quote from Blue: Sometimes being smart just means you can justify things to yourself more creatively- and better fool others into enabling you.
comingup4air is offline   Reply With Quote