Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Tips, Tricks & Ideas ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> School & Work Life > Campus Single Parents

Notices

Old 11-13-2009, 09:27 PM   #1
snickermel
Parent on Board

snickermel is an unknown quantity at this point
dance School loans

For all you people who have/will have school loans. . .
If you don't know about Income Based Repayment loans call your loan rep and check it out!
For my family size and income my calculated repayment amount is. . .

drumroll. . .

ZERO! How fantastic is that!

Also if you are in public service you may be qulified for some other loan help, but this is probably better and easier.

Just FYI.
snickermel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 10:04 PM   #2
MotherBoard
Making The Magic Happen
Mother Of The Board

MotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support
Default Re: School loans

OMG: R U my Angel

first thing Monday Morn watch me heat up my phone. Thank you and if you have any more of these tips, please do share....
https://www.facebook.com/soloParent
MotherBoard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 11:05 PM   #3
sara1
Setting New Standards

sara1 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelsara1 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelsara1 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelsara1 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelsara1 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelsara1 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelsara1 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelsara1 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelsara1 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelsara1 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelsara1 Has Heart and Soul of an Angel

That is an awesome tip! My old ones are paid off but I am seriously thinking about going back!
Old 11-14-2009, 12:47 AM   #4
LSL
The blunt one;)

LSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support Legend

It's not going to be zero for everyone....and it depends on the type of loan you have. Here are the details: http://www.finaid.org/loans/ibr.phtml. Actually works to my benefit hugely. It does not mean you do not have to pay at all, in most cases, but that what you have to pay back is capped.

Just a reminder--this program will benefit many of us. But looking at the larger picture, someone has to pay for it---meaning tax dollars will be diverted here. Ultimately, I see Pell grant reductions because of this...just a thought.
Old 11-14-2009, 01:45 AM   #5
MotherBoard
Making The Magic Happen
Mother Of The Board

MotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support

Thank Lisa, LOVE the link.
Since im already in the public sector, this will help alot
https://www.facebook.com/soloParent
MotherBoard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 07:37 AM   #6
pann71
Board Beacon Parent

pann71 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelpann71 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelpann71 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelpann71 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelpann71 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelpann71 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelpann71 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelpann71 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelpann71 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelpann71 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelpann71 Has Heart and Soul of an Angel

Wow, I never heard about this.

I just did an estimated guess and if I went back and got my master's spending $20,000 then my repayment would be only $7 more than I am paying now. I am going to have to look into this more as I have umpteen online schools calling me.

Self-respect is the cornerstone of all virtue!!
pann71 is offline   Reply With Quote