Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Tips, Tricks & Ideas ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> School & Work Life > Campus Single Parents

Notices

Old 05-26-2010, 07:02 PM   #1
momofTDR
Marja

momofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With SupportmomofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With SupportmomofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With SupportmomofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With SupportmomofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With SupportmomofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With SupportmomofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With SupportmomofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With SupportmomofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With SupportmomofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With SupportmomofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With Support
Default countless hours + 6 hours = YAY!

I spent countless hours baking 8 pies, 2 batches of whole wheat bread and a batch of sour cream cookies and 6 hours volunteering for a book and bake sale that benefits United Way and Relay for Life. The little girl I tend went with me and was so much help! We helped set up, then helped take money and sell stuff.

I made strawberry with almond creme, coconut cream, french silk, oatmeal and apple pies. They sold wonderfully! $8 each. I didn't take a pic of the strawberry one, though it was sooo pretty!

It all applied to the service hours I have to complete for my Gamma Beta Phi requirement. It was a lot of fun and something I would have never thought about doing if I didn't "have" to. I'm glad I "had" to, now I found something I can enjoy in the future as well. All the while I felt so selfish! I kept thinking..."I'm doing this because I wanted the GBP on my resume" and they kept thanking me.....
momofTDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 01:18 PM   #2
MotherBoard
Making The Magic Happen
Mother Of The Board

MotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support
Default Re: countless hours + 6 hours = YAY!

sounds like you had fun, and they look great! Now Im hungry and will go and gian 5 pounds for the pie Im gonna eat ... So you didn't think to send some this way, huh... I see how it is... >>>stomps off to kitchen to get a slice of pie [store bought]<<<<
https://www.facebook.com/soloParent
MotherBoard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 01:20 PM   #3
alexmichele07
Sparkles & Glitter

alexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Support

Sour cream cookies?! Mmmmmm!!!!
alexmichele07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 01:24 AM   #4
momofTDR
Marja

momofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With SupportmomofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With SupportmomofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With SupportmomofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With SupportmomofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With SupportmomofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With SupportmomofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With SupportmomofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With SupportmomofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With SupportmomofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With SupportmomofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With Support

yes mam! Yum. They are a cake like, don't brown really, stay's soft for days cookie. They will stick together if you put them in a cookie jar.

1 c. butter
2 c. sugar
3 eggs
2 tbsp. vanilla
1 c. sour cream
4 c. flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 1/2 tsp. nutmeg

Mix sugar and butter till fluffy, add eggs, vanilla, all leavening ingredients and nutmeg. Then add the sour cream. Whip till fluffy again. Then add the flour. Only mix till it's mixed. (that's actually how I mix all cookies). Bake at 325 deg. till lightly browned. About...8-10 minutes. I bake them till the slightest impression remains when touched. They won't brown really.

---------- Post added at 11:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 PM ----------

Crud, Mom! I was supposed to bake a pie for a friend and completely spaced it! Thanks for reminding me. Yikes...that was dumb of me. I would bake any one of you a pie...and send it, but the results wouldn't come with a guarantee!

Though if you'd like to venture into the world of pie making, I will happily share the recipes I use.
momofTDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 01:35 AM   #5
LSL
The blunt one;)

LSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support Legend

Oh yum......sour cream cookies. I first had these yummy concoctions from heaven at my wedding reception..... Might have to file that recipe away somewhere.