Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Tips, Tricks & Ideas ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> School & Work Life > Campus Single Parents

Notices

Old 09-05-2011, 09:32 PM   #1
Kitkatbrat
Parent on Board

Kitkatbrat is an unknown quantity at this point
humm Validity of an on-line school

I *still* want to be a veterinary assistant & have found an online college that claims it can train me. How do I know it's valid & isn't just gonna scam me? What things can I check out to make sure it's legit?
Kitkatbrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 09:35 PM   #2
sara1
Setting New Standards

sara1 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelsara1 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelsara1 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelsara1 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelsara1 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelsara1 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelsara1 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelsara1 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelsara1 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelsara1 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelsara1 Has Heart and Soul of an Angel
Default Re: Validity of an on-line school

Check its accreditation.

---------- Post added at 09:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 PM ----------

I would think for most vet techs there would be lab hours you would have to do in addition to online coursework.
Old 09-06-2011, 12:34 AM   #3
LSL
The blunt one;)

LSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support Legend
Default Re: Validity of an on-line school

yep... vet school would be hard to do online. There are a few schools that do law school online... um, you can't learn to be a lawyer online. Honestly, you can't. The thing is that you can go to that online school and then can't even sit for the bar.

So, I would check that if you go to that school, and it is accredited, can you sit for any exams before a licensing board?