Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey I'm going back to school! - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Tips, Tricks & Ideas ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> School & Work Life > Campus Single Parents

Notices

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 11-04-2011, 04:53 PM   #1
kitcat Female
Board Blazen Parent

kitcat Is Rocken These Boards With Supportkitcat Is Rocken These Boards With Supportkitcat Is Rocken These Boards With Supportkitcat Is Rocken These Boards With Supportkitcat Is Rocken These Boards With Supportkitcat Is Rocken These Boards With Supportkitcat Is Rocken These Boards With Supportkitcat Is Rocken These Boards With Support
oh yea I'm going back to school!

I've been thinking about it for a long time, and have been considering my options, but I have finally decided to do it. With J taken care of by my parents, and with N going back to college herself, I figured what better time for me to go.

The toughest decision was figuring out "what I wanna be when I grow up"...I'm still not sure, so I'm going to stick with what i'm familiar with, and that's being an administrative assistant...in the area of Indiana that i moved to, everyone wants that degree, and work experience doesn't count.

I'd be lying if i said i wasn't nervous and scared, cause i am scared less!!!
Old 11-04-2011, 05:57 PM   #2
YJL279 Female
Pray Until Smthng happens

YJL279 Is Rocken These Boards With SupportYJL279 Is Rocken These Boards With SupportYJL279 Is Rocken These Boards With SupportYJL279 Is Rocken These Boards With SupportYJL279 Is Rocken These Boards With SupportYJL279 Is Rocken These Boards With SupportYJL279 Is Rocken These Boards With SupportYJL279 Is Rocken These Boards With SupportYJL279 Is Rocken These Boards With SupportYJL279 Is Rocken These Boards With SupportYJL279 Is Rocken These Boards With Support
Default Re: I'm going back to school!

I didn't and you can too. Good luck, and try to,have some fun with it.

A strong positive mental attitude will create more miracles than any wonder drug. --Patricia Neal

To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe. --Anatole France
YJL279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 06:06 PM   #3
Re-Mom Female
Mainiac

Re-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support

You will love it!

Call me if you need a delivery....

|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||
|.........WINE TRUCK.........| ||'|";, ___.
|_..._..._______===|=||_|__|..., ] -)
"(@)'(@)"" "''"**|(@)(@)*****''(@)
Re-Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 06:16 PM   #4
LSL Female
The blunt one;)

LSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support Legend

YEAH!!!! Way cool!!!!!
Old 11-12-2011, 03:51 AM   #5
danicaB Female
I am New

danicaB is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, good luck. I'm sure you will love it there! You're back to school with a new life and beginning. When you'll have a financial problem, you can have a student loan. Federal student loans come with a lot of strings connected. For all the strings, though, the loans are supposed to help encourage education and advanced degrees. As of 2012, however, graduate student loans will no longer have their interest subsidized, which will shift accountability for paying $18.1 billion over 10 years to pupils. Graduate student loans to lose interest subsidy. For graduate students, this means borrowing money to pay for school will be more expensive. These are payments the government would have ordinarily paid during the years of schooling and up to six months after graduation. The deal also eliminates a credit on the loan that students receive if they pay on a loan for 12 months without missing a payment.
danicaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 04:17 AM   #6
Woodsimply Female
Thinks too much

Woodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an Angel

Congratulations!!!! I am doing the adult education thing too, and was also scared less!! Didnt think I could learn at this age! Lol! Now I am at a glorious 3.9814 GPA and one semester away from graduating.
You will do great! And you will love it! I have made so many new friends, and met so many interesting people!
Not sure if you can, but have you checked into a Pell grant? I have had one through my whole school career.
I wish you the best! Keep us updated!

You cannot get an answer, if you do not ask the question. Say what you need to say.
~Just me
Woodsimply is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 02:45 PM   #7
stilllearning Female
I am New

stilllearning is an unknown quantity at this point

It's never to late..I am attending college and will be turning 45 next month..I find that there is so much more fore me to do and learn. Plus It is very important to me that my children see me finish what i started and how important education means in th big picture
stilllearning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 06:18 PM   #8
Ask11 Female
I am New

Ask11 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am so happy for you...it is one of the best decisions out there. The journey can be hard but it is so worth it. I recently graduated too and I speak from experience

As for the major, I would highly recommend going to the school's career center and getting advice from them. Ask them if they give any personality/career inventory sort of tests. If they do, I highly recommend taking the MBTI (Myer Briggs Type Indicator) It really helps seeking out your strengths etc. It should be free at the career center. Oh you know what there is a sort of one online that is free but not as detailed etc but is a start.
Ask11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 06:14 PM   #9
kitcat Female
Board Blazen Parent

kitcat Is Rocken These Boards With Supportkitcat Is Rocken These Boards With Supportkitcat Is Rocken These Boards With Supportkitcat Is Rocken These Boards With Supportkitcat Is Rocken These Boards With Supportkitcat Is Rocken These Boards With Supportkitcat Is Rocken These Boards With Supportkitcat Is Rocken These Boards With Support

Well, I picked up my books today, and my first class is tuesday morning....less than a week away, and i'm more scared now than ever!!! I know I can do this. I have faith in myself, but it doesn't stop me from being scared to death...Even though I am pretty confident in myself,, I keep hearing the "what if's" in the back of my mind.
Old 01-05-2012, 08:47 PM   #10
Re-Mom Female
Mainiac

Re-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support

I bet you will be the 'star student' and have all those young young ones jealousLOL

Call me if you need a delivery....

|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||
|.........WINE TRUCK.........| ||'|";, ___.
|_..._..._______===|=||_|__|..., ] -)
"(@)'(@)"" "''"**|(@)(@)*****''(@)
Re-Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 02:44 PM   #11
kitcat Female
Board Blazen Parent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Re-Mom View Post
I bet you will be the 'star student' and have all those young young ones jealousLOL
...i can only hope
Old 01-06-2012, 03:52 PM   #12
MotherBoard Female
Making The Magic Happen
Mother Of The Board

MotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support

you gonna do great, we have 90 year old graduating these days.... so you are gonna breezy easy it right on bye.... and before you know it, you'll be given your graduation speech.
https://www.facebook.com/soloParent
MotherBoard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 03:20 PM   #13
Mad_Miller20 Female
I am New

Mad_Miller20 is an unknown quantity at this point

kitkat, how is school going? I know you were nervous, but I'm sure you are doing fine. It seems that you are going to physical university rather than studying online.

Administrative assistant jobs are great, and I understand why you want to stick to what you know. We are all still trying to figure out what we want to be when we grow up - as well as thinking about what our kids are going to be! But, consider expanding your horizons. You can do a lot with a degree in business administration that pays more than administrative assistant jobs. You could even work higher up in administrative positions
You have a while to figure that out before you graduate but, I just though I would encourage you to look into more options before you lock in on a set profession. Good luck and keep up the good work - the best thing to invest in is yourself!
Mad_Miller20 is offline   Reply With Quote