Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Tips, Tricks & Ideas ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> School & Work Life > Campus Single Parents

Notices

Old 04-21-2012, 12:50 PM   #1
MotherBoard
Making The Magic Happen
Mother Of The Board

MotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support
Default Difference Between Grants & Scholarships

The difference between Grants and scholarship - Usually the funding source, where the money is coming from.

Grants and Scholarships are usually and for the most part FREE, sometime there maybe a disclaimer that one needs to participate in - giving your talents or service and if you don't , then you will have to repay back the money, and/or be disqualified.

Grants Are :
  • Usually Grants come from the government, non-profit organizations and are based on ones financial needs.
  • Grant could come from Federal government, State Government, or some colleges have, what are called institutional grants for attending their school.
  • Eligibility is based on assets and income of the student and/or family. Some have post or pre requirements like giving some much time for free in your field of study.

Examples Are : Community Service

Scholarships Are:

• Deviser from Donations, Endowments and can also be, at times, supplied by the Government.
  • Usually based on skill set merit based qualification, for example, accomplishment from ones past. Some scholarships can be a mixture of both, need and merit].

Examples Are :
Field of study, scholastic achievement, artistic, athletic, and the list goes on

Both Require:
Maintaining a required GPA.
https://www.facebook.com/soloParent
MotherBoard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 09:02 AM   #2
Woodsimply
Thinks too much

Woodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an Angel
Default Re: Difference Between Grants & Scholars

Ahhh! Found it! Mind has been too busy....
Trying to decide if I want to go further in my education. Its so hard to balance kids and school. But you know that!

You cannot get an answer, if you do not ask the question. Say what you need to say.
~Just me
Woodsimply is offline   Reply With Quote