Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey I HATE MY HISTORY TEACHER - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Tips, Tricks & Ideas ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> School & Work Life > Campus Single Parents

Notices

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 05-21-2008, 11:46 PM   #1
goodbyemylove
Board Member

goodbyemylove is an unknown quantity at this point

and the text book is horrible and his tests trick and I think he hates me.

To late to drop this stupid class and my GPA is gonna stink because of this class which has me ticked that I probably will not be on the honor roll this qtr.

All my friends and my mom (and my husband) told me I need to lay off myself and this one class will not prevent me from getting into an awesome 4-yr (I want Gonzaga sooooooo bad) They keep telling me its just ONE CLASS, one stinking class and the qtr is over in 3 weeks.

As much as everyone is right, I should lay off myself from being perfect in school (I'm carrying a 3.68 overall GPA right now) because I do have a ton of (bleep) on my plate.

I really hate history though, what on God's green earth possessed me to take the History of China?!?

MY CAST OF CHARACTERS:

ME - 27 - was teased with the hope of moving out of WA and back to the South

HUSBAND - 29 - moved himself to NC for "his freedom"

MOMMY to my beautiful baby girl, who will be 3 in July!

MOMMY TO MY 2 FURBABIES - P
goodbyemylove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 11:46 PM   #2
goodbyemylove
Board Member

and the text book is horrible and his tests trick and I think he hates me.

To late to drop this stupid class and my GPA is gonna stink because of this class which has me ticked that I probably will not be on the honor roll this qtr.

All my friends and my mom (and my husband) told me I need to lay off myself and this one class will not prevent me from getting into an awesome 4-yr (I want Gonzaga sooooooo bad) They keep telling me its just ONE CLASS, one stinking class and the qtr is over in 3 weeks.

As much as everyone is right, I should lay off myself from being perfect in school (I'm carrying a 3.68 overall GPA right now) because I do have a ton of (bleep) on my plate.

I really hate history though, what on God's green earth possessed me to take the History of China?!?

MY CAST OF CHARACTERS:

Old 05-26-2008, 05:59 AM   #3
Marielle
Board Beacon Parent

Marielle is an unknown quantity at this point

reminds me of that saying....

your enemy is your guru
Marielle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 06:32 AM   #4
HannahsBoy
Lively & Zealous Parent

HannahsBoy is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Marielle:
reminds me of that saying....

your enemy is your guru </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Very Good...
OR....

When the student is ready the teacher will appear....

History of China..??...Well just think of the conversationlist you'll be at parties...
HannahsBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 11:26 AM   #5
Kayley's Mommy
Active Board Parent

Kayley's Mommy is an unknown quantity at this point

its just one class. its not going to hurt your chances going to Gonzaga. Just focus what you need to do until the class is over. the quarter is almost over.
The happiness of life is made up of minute fractions”the little soon-forgotten charities of a kiss, a smile, a kind look, a heartfelt compliment in the disguise of a playful raillery, and the countless other infinitesimals of pleasurable thought a
Kayley's Mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 02:25 AM   #6
goodbyemylove
Board Member

2 weeks baby, 2 more weeks!!! And it's making sense cause we are into the 1800's. Its like everything prior to this is fuzzy and gone forever in my brain somewhere between how to tie my shoes and how to make bananna bread...but now it's making sense.

Probably why I dislike my teacher is because of little "signals" he's given me. Early in the qtr, we had a class get together at a Chinese resturant here in town and I asked if there was anything that my DD would be interested in eating. First he asked if I had a babysitter and and I said no, in front of everyone, he told me that he rather we not come in case she acts up and ruins the experience for others. Heh? You do not know my DD, she's one of the best behaved children on the planet...for real, I'm not just saying that cause she's my kid. She has awesome manners. So from the beginning, he's been eyeballin me. Over time it's just been getting to me and getting to me that I want to scream from the roof top of the History building..."I hate Chinese History, but I love Sesame Chicken!!!!!!"

2 more weeks 2 more weeks

MY CAST OF CHARACTERS:

Old 05-28-2008, 02:59 AM   #7
Visitor

Have you heard singleparentloving.com ? That's a great dating site for single parent. Only several minutes to create a full lifetime
personal chemic ads... start your search, have fun with these interesting singles/non-singles from all over the world.
Old 05-28-2008, 07:07 AM   #8
LaurieDorey
Lively & Zealous Parent

LaurieDorey is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by goodbyemylove:
Probably why I dislike my teacher is because of little "signals" he's given me. Early in the qtr, we had a class get together at a Chinese resturant here in town and I asked if there was anything that my DD would be interested in eating. First he asked if I had a babysitter and and I said no, in front of everyone, he told me that he rather we not come in case she acts up and ruins the experience for others. Heh? You do not know my DD, she's one of the best behaved children on the planet...for real, I'm not just saying that cause she's my kid. She has awesome manners. So from the beginning, he's been eyeballin me. Over time it's just been getting to me and getting to me that I want to scream from the roof top of the History building..."I hate Chinese History, but I love Sesame Chicken!!!!!!" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
ok in defense of your teacher EVERYONE says thier kids are well behaved. I hear that every single day - I own a B&B and took kids the first year. Then a bride left on her wedding night due to all night screaming. Thousands and thousands of dollars of damage to linens, carpets, a lamp my grandmother brought from Italy on and on an on and on. I have not taken kids in years and it really annoys people. This past weekend a man 'showed up' with 4 kids. He booked for 6 adults - I am incredibly clear about this on the phone, on my website, on the confirmations... There was no way I'd rerent the rooms, so I let it go. I had to run out and buy more bicycles on Saturday because they hogged them from the other guests - they are to use, not to use all day long (I do not charge for them). Anyway, 3 new bikes Saturday afternoon - by Saturday night two of the three were broken. The two 15 year old boys hid from me after that. I am out that $250 now as I can not 'prove' it was them. So, look I took kids - reallllly well behaved ones - and I lost 250 bucks. They asked one of my employees to buy cigarettes for them. I'm sorry but kids are a nightmare - full out nightmare - in a setting that is not family friendly. Why on earth people insist on bringing kids where they are clearly not welcome is beyond me. There are so so so many places that cater to kids - why force them to be on their best behavior which will be boring to them and stressful for everyone else who got sitters for a brief break from mommy and daddy time.

I am dying to see the new S*x and the City movie, but with no sitter I am not taking my 6 month old to the theatre - even though she is virtually always such a good baby, you never know,and I would not want to ruin the movie for anyone else.

Sorry, but I agree with your teacher. If you want your daughter to experience it, go back on your own time when it is not a class and teach her what you learned and it will be fun for you both.
Old 05-28-2008, 09:45 PM   #9
Kayley's Mommy
Active Board Parent

Kayley's Mommy is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I am dying to see the new S*x and the City movie, but with no sitter I am not taking my 6 month old to the theatre - even though she is virtually always such a good baby, you never know,and I would not want to ruin the movie for anyone else. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm looking for a sitter for kayley on friday night. I'm so going to see what movie. too bad we aren't closer. my friends too be busy with soon to be husbands to see that movie. I can't wait!
The happiness of life is made up of minute fractions”the little soon-forgotten charities of a kiss, a smile, a kind look, a heartfelt compliment in the disguise of a playful raillery, and the countless other infinitesimals of pleasurable thought a
Kayley's Mommy is offline   Reply With Quote