Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Tips, Tricks & Ideas ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> School & Work Life > Campus Single Parents

Notices

Old 12-03-2007, 12:59 AM   #1
K&J
Learning to Surf The Board

K&J is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi. I am Kristy and I have a 2.5 year old son...I am raising him alone. I have been working and going to school(all online classes) for my nursing degree. Well, this past semester I did horrible! I used to have a 3.8 gpa, but I have been so exhausted lately, I feel as if I cant concentrate on school. This is my fourth semester of basics, and I am just so tired of going. I look back of the first semester and second and wish I could have them back...isnt that crazy? ! Anyways, I have been doing so good up until this point, but how will I ever get into the nursing program now? All my hard work and efferts have gone down the drain.
K&J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 12:59 AM   #2
K&J

Hi. I am Kristy and I have a 2.5 year old son...I am raising him alone. I have been working and going to school(all online classes) for my nursing degree. Well, this past semester I did horrible! I used to have a 3.8 gpa, but I have been so exhausted lately, I feel as if I cant concentrate on school. This is my fourth semester of basics, and I am just so tired of going. I look back of the first semester and second and wish I could have them back...isnt that crazy? ! Anyways, I have been doing so good up until this point, but how will I ever get into the nursing program now? All my hard work and efferts have gone down the drain.
Old 12-18-2007, 01:52 PM   #3
Gabriel's Mom
Setting New Standards

Gabriel's Mom is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Kristy!

Sorry I'm late on this.

How's school going? Have you finished up your finals? School can be very stressful and even more so when you are a parent. Just keep remembering you are doing this to make a better left for you and your kiddo. Oh and hey Fort Worth, as in Fort Worth, TX? I work in Fort Worth and live right outside of it in Weatherford.
Gabriel's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 05:00 PM   #4
busymom01
I am New

busymom01 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Kristy

Don't give up it can't be great everytime this is a test are you going to quit or are you going to keep climbing go forward go for it don't let anything hold you back. You still want to be a nurse can you overcome this grade and bring it up? Then do it you don't want to have any regrets.
busymom01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 11:42 PM   #5
K&J

Thanks guys, it seems it wasnt too bad. I have also changed my major to a Physical Therapist Assistant. I feel so much better, I havent felt this good about school in a LONG time(which I guess should have been a sign)! I don't think nursing is for me; you have to work 12+ hr. shifts + drive time, I cant do that to my son or myself. The basics are about the same w/ the prgrams(AAS). I just turned my aplication in and should be getting a notice back by April; wish me luck! I am so nervous!

Although now I have my mother asking me why I havent gotten through school yet. And telling me "people in her day went to school and got out 4 yrs straight full-time". Yeah, thanks mom ; ). The way I look at it is I will be happy in what I do, it may take me a little longer to do it than most..but I am still doing it right? And thats what matters.

Thank you both very much. And yes we are in Fort Worth, Tx. Hey neighbor!