Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey Milkshakes, water balloons, making mems - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Blended Parents / Step Parents ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Step Children - Under Age Kids

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 07-16-2010, 04:46 PM   #1
Live4Them Female
Parent on Board

Live4Them will become famous soon enough
star Milkshakes, water balloons, making mems

I've never really gotten to spend time with C by myself. It's always been my 3 and him, his dad, him, and me, or my 3, his dad, and him, and me. Never just C and myself.

Due to vehicle issues, I lost my job that I was making good money at. *sighs* Who cares, I have bigger fish to fry. A friend asked me if I would be willing to get certified by the state to watch her kids. I thought about it and decided to do it. Especially since mine would be gone all summer.

P also asked me if I would watch C this summer to save money. C is my little buddy, I would never say no. Now that mine are gone and I don't get her 2 boys until about 3pm, C and I have gotten to "get to know each other" better.

Today we walked to the ice cream stand down the road. (Better to walk if you plan on drinking a milkshake.) He held my hand and we talked about everything and nothing. On the way home, we stopped to check the mail. He asked if he could open my mail box and get my mail out. I didn't mind, my kids do it all of the time. He's just never been with us when we went. I have to say, letting him open the mail box and getting out the mail was like letting him open his Christmas presents 2 days early. It was great. When we got home, he decided he was starving. He had almost finished a large milkshake, how could he be STARVING... He wanted a burger. So I attempted to start the grill. I say attempt, because even though I finally got it lit, I almost caught my body on fire. Don't ask how, I have no idea. I did exactly what P does, only this stupid thing blew up at me... So the burgers were cooked, not burnt seeing as how I can't cook on the grill, and we sat on the porch eating burgers, chips, and drinking milkshakes. Unhealthy? Absolutely. But better than fast food junk, and hey, we all need unhealthy every now and then. When we got done, C decided he wanted to fill up water balloons for this weekend. He'd fill them, I'd tie them. Things were going great, and we had almost 30 balloons filled. Then my oh so bright "child" decided, "Hey, i think it will be fun to blast B with this super huge water balloon while she has her back turned." Unfortunately this was inside the house. And unfortunately the adult in me ran away as soon as that cold water hit my back. Now I have to replace a power strip and an extension cord. All of my linens on my dining room table are now in the dryer. And the floor... Well now I don't have to mop it tomorrow! We had fun though! And I don't regret it one bit. In fact, I braved up and helped him fill the basket again for this weekend. This time I didn't turn my back on him. When we were done cleaning up and filling balloons, instead of dirtying more clothes I suggested we go outside and sit on the hill in the back yard where the sun was shining. He agreed. We talked about a lot of stuff. He even asked me questions I didn't think someone his age would think to ask. Nothing inappropriate, just life questions about me, the kids, his dad and I... He's a smart kid.

Today has turned out to be a really good day. I know how he feels. He knows how I feel. I think the best part is, no matter how old he gets, no matter what happens in life, we made memories that no one can replace.
Old 07-16-2010, 04:50 PM   #2
littlefoot_223 Female
Board Beacon Parent

littlefoot_223 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Milkshakes, water balloons, making m

That is great that you did that w/ him. It will mean a lot to him later in life!
Old 07-16-2010, 06:53 PM   #3
dancing_orchid Female
Parent on Board

dancing_orchid has a reputation beyond reputedancing_orchid has a reputation beyond reputedancing_orchid has a reputation beyond reputedancing_orchid has a reputation beyond reputedancing_orchid has a reputation beyond reputedancing_orchid has a reputation beyond repute

How wonderful! =)
dancing_orchid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 08:17 PM   #4
Bluemoon Female
just an old hippie chick

Bluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support Legend

See? I told you you were a wonderful influence in his life!!!
Bluemoon is offline   Reply With Quote