Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey scared - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parent Mothers ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Teen Mothers

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 10-27-2004, 11:17 AM   #1
babygurl1313
I am New

babygurl1313 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi everyone im sarah and im 17. i just recently found out that im pregnant. im not sure if the father is going to stay with me yet because i havent told him. i would tell him but there is somthing stoping me, the fact that he is 14 and his mom is a cop. im scared his mom will press charges or sumthing. so should i tell him the truth that he is going to be a daddy or should i lie and tell him its someone else's.
babygurl1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 11:17 AM   #2
babygurl1313
I am New

babygurl1313 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi everyone im sarah and im 17. i just recently found out that im pregnant. im not sure if the father is going to stay with me yet because i havent told him. i would tell him but there is somthing stoping me, the fact that he is 14 and his mom is a cop. im scared his mom will press charges or sumthing. so should i tell him the truth that he is going to be a daddy or should i lie and tell him its someone else's.
babygurl1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 11:39 AM   #3
Ty's mom
Setting New Standards

Ty's mom is an unknown quantity at this point

DO NOT LIE! It will only come back to haunt you. If you are 17 and he is 14, there aren't any charges that can be filed since you are both still minors. If I'm wrong about that, I would be shocked. He has a right to know that he is going to be a father. Even if he is going to have no part of it, you should tell him the truth. I'm sorry that you are so scared and worried. Welcome to the site and we hope that you feel comfortable enough to keep coming back asking for advice and sharing your story.
Old 10-27-2004, 11:45 AM   #4
Blindsky75
At A loss for Words - NOT!

Blindsky75 is an unknown quantity at this point

You're making a decision for the rest of your life. I guarantee if you lie you will regret it more than anything that could happen. The fact is, he is the father, and why would they press charges when there is a baby involved?

Being a parent, if you don't know your child is having *** as a teenager...you just aren't paying attention. My guess is that his mother probably already has some idea of how close the two of you were.

Don't just assume the worst, you can only hope for the best. I suggest telling him and going from there. His mother being a cop may work in your favor, she's probably seen what can happen if you turn away a young pregnant mother and I think you might be surprised at how well they take it.

"Hope" is the thing
Blindsky75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 04:58 PM   #5
mamasteph
On the Board

mamasteph is an unknown quantity at this point

You need to tell him the truth. If you don't, you are denying yourself support through your pregnancy and then denying your child a father. You need to give him and his mother a chance to step up and do the right thing. Stop and think, would you want someone keeping something this big, this life changing from you? For your own well being and for the sake of your child, give the father a chance to be a daddy.
mamasteph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 11:55 PM   #6
Alicia_Nicole16
I am New

Alicia_Nicole16 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey. I am 17 and I recently had my son. His father is only 15. I was scared about it at first too, but it gets easier. The dad needs to realize, it wasnt only you who wanted it. A good quote comes to mind, "Dont make someone a priority if they only make you an option." If the dad isnt going to be there, that is his fault, he is the one missing out. I dont think charges can be pressed cause you arent over 18, unless your state has a law that says it can be. It's hard, but you will make it, and don't; worry about his mom, big deal she is a cop, but I think she will realize, that is her grandchild and I think she will love it all the same. And, you can always make him pay for it, he did it too, takes two to tango and the guy shouldnt get the easy way out. NEVER feel sorry for him because he is young, he did it too! Well if you need to talk....basketballplaya_2006@hotmail.com or libra_9213@yahoo.com for messengers....or email, bye!
Alicia_Nicole16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 12:09 AM   #7
Don Male
At A loss for Words - NOT!

Don will become famous soon enough

reply by hmp23 <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">tell him and don't tell him it's someone elses!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>reply by babygirl13 <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Hi I'm 15 and pregnant from and 18yr old I was scared to tell my parents how old the guy was they were mad at first but they never pressed charges like they said they were. his mom will eventully get over it just give her time and tell him he will be a daddy don't hid eit from him it will make things worse. just keep your head up. things will work out for the best. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Just combining duplicate threads
Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 05:52 PM   #8
BrokenHeartedRebelAngel
I am New

BrokenHeartedRebelAngel is an unknown quantity at this point

Stay positive. Like the others have said you need to let him know that he is going to be a daddy. Since you are not 18 there is nothing the law can do to you so dont stress over it. Good luck and congrads on finding out you are going to be a mommy!!!!
BrokenHeartedRebelAngel is offline   Reply With Quote