Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parent Ville ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Single Parents in the United States of America > Delaware

Old 06-19-2006, 04:01 AM   #1
nita24
Board Member

nita24 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default anyone from wilmington, delaware?

Hi, i'm not a parent but my b/f is. There's alot on that so anyway, well i am in wilmington, delaware i go on this site to learn how it is to have kids and different things. Any body around my way let me know i'm looking for friends.
nita24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 11:27 PM   #2
snrn
Learning to Surf The Board

snrn is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi! I'm not in Wilmington, but close by near Newark, DE. Learning how to parent mostly comes from muddling through it day to day. You're unlikely to learn much about parenting children through a website. Although you may find some helpful information on this site about the difficulty of raising children after a divorce.

Your best bet is to take some parenting classes, and then spend time with your boyfriend's child(ren), if you have contact with them. I would STRONGLY suggest, if you and your boyfriend are serious and you feel your relationship is leading to marriage or some kind of permanance, that you (and maybe also your boyfriend) take the parenting education class required by the Delaware Family Court for all divorcing parents. It really is very helpful in learning how to avoid making the situation worse for the child. I tried to find the name of it or someone to contact about it online, but couldn't just now. If you'd like information on it, let me know and I will look it up in my file.

Best wishes to you and your boyfriend. Nice to meet someone in the area!
snrn is offline   Reply With Quote