Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parent Ville ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Single Parents in the United States of America > West Virginia

Old 02-26-2012, 09:48 PM   #1
WVmom
I am New

WVmom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Seeking support networks in WV

Hi, I am new to the forum...hope I am doing this right. I am a divorced, single mother and primary care giver of two wonderful young children. I live in small community in WV and am a little frustrated as I am seeking support groups for single parents or divorced individuals and having no success. From my web searching, there appears to be so much support out there in larger areas and out of state but none local. I would really enjoy communicating and spending time with others having similar issues. I would love to find more friendships in my local area, and not feel so isolated and the only single parent around. I know that is not true, but it just seems so hard to find that connection with people in a small town. I am very active with my kids and would love to have a group or organization to share our experiences and provide support on those stressful times. Please help...I have searched internet, churches, community events, etc... I hate to drive hours to meet peers, when I know they are here too.
WVmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 01:50 AM   #2
MotherBoard
Making The Magic Happen
Mother Of The Board

MotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support
Default Re: Seeking support networks in WV

we have a few members in your area.. The weekend is pretty slow, Any who, WELCOME !!!

Read settle in and try answering other questions if you feel you can and really, your not the only one, just everyone is busy and sometime people miss each other...

You are more than welcome to print some flyer's with this forums address, drop them around your area and little by little people will pop in looking and well, everyone is just So AWESOME ... so you would be helping your area and yourself too. Just a thought....

oops , sorry it been a long weekend, I have three teens at home, and it takes everything I have to stay positive, and pull them into or really out of the Bummer Zone....

any Parents Without Partners in your area ??

With the eco the way it is, it usually the kids projects that get cut and down sized...

Glad you found us....
https://www.facebook.com/soloParent
MotherBoard is offline   Reply With Quote