Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey Bargain Christmas Shopping...... - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Tips, Tricks & Ideas ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> ThroughOut The Year > December

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 12-17-2010, 06:45 PM   #1
LSL Female
The blunt one;)

LSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support Legend
Default Bargain Christmas Shopping......

This year is a tough year financially for me. I have worried about how to pay for Christmas this year. Which is why my mind is boggling over the fact that I have managed to get some FANTASTIC deals.....

1. Got 109.99 cell phone for 29.99. How did I do this? Well, I tried ordering online, because that was the price, but the thingee failed. So I kept calling until I got a supervisor who was willing to honor that price since it was not my fault their stupid website was down.

2. Got a peacoat that was 89.50 for 26.79. Yeah, that's right!!!! Super cute. How did I manage that one? Waited til the sucker went on clearance and then waited for the free shipping!!!! Yeah for me.

3. Bought 3 hardcover books on sale, for a total of 26.03 with FREE @ DAY SHIPPING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHO HOO!

I am so stoked because all these items were things A wanted but was unsure I would be able to get everything because of prices. I LOVE a good deal.

Now just to finish up.......

---------- Post added at 02:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:44 PM ----------

OH PS, had I bought those books in the store at Borders, 44.93..... instead I ordered them online, they are brand new, and got them for 26.03. Happy me.
Old 12-17-2010, 07:02 PM   #2
muskiedad Male
the one who babbles

muskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legend
Default Re: Bargain Christmas Shopping......

That is great....any discount lego places out there? I can't find one in Canada!
muskiedad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 07:07 PM   #3
LSL Female
The blunt one;)

LSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support Legend

Didn't try for that one.... hum...... that one might be hard. Legos are like ipods... never on sale.
Old 12-17-2010, 07:09 PM   #4
muskiedad Male
the one who babbles

muskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legend

I know.....guess I will have to bite the bullet. Darn that Santa, he gets all the credit and I get the bills!
Old 12-17-2010, 07:22 PM   #5
LSL Female
The blunt one;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by muskiedad View Post
I know.....guess I will have to bite the bullet. Darn that Santa, he gets all the credit and I get the bills!
Yes, but when they realize it was you all along, you will get delayed credit... I know, I did this year.
Old 12-17-2010, 08:24 PM   #6
Mommyofone Female
Lively & Zealous Parent

Mommyofone has a brilliant futureMommyofone has a brilliant futureMommyofone has a brilliant future

i bought a bunch of wii games but i dont buy new i even got the new cars game at a good price and just dance 2 i got that one on special then had it delivered site to store and took advantage of Amazon Prime and got all my shipping free just have to remember to cancel the trial before i get charged but a free month of 2 day shipping is awesome! Then i found a couple sets of hotwheels 10 cars for 5 instead of 5 cars for 5 dollars... then got puzzles for 2.50 normally 6 .... im a thrifty shopper....

---------- Post added at 06:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:22 PM ----------

my friend tells her girls that she has to pay santa for all his hard work every year. That way she gets a little credit and keeps the items cost down. =x
Old 12-17-2010, 11:46 PM   #7
YJL279 Female
Pray Until Smthng happens

YJL279 Is Rocken These Boards With SupportYJL279 Is Rocken These Boards With SupportYJL279 Is Rocken These Boards With SupportYJL279 Is Rocken These Boards With SupportYJL279 Is Rocken These Boards With SupportYJL279 Is Rocken These Boards With SupportYJL279 Is Rocken These Boards With SupportYJL279 Is Rocken These Boards With SupportYJL279 Is Rocken These Boards With SupportYJL279 Is Rocken These Boards With SupportYJL279 Is Rocken These Boards With Support

Muskie, I found lego sets and lots on ebay. the lots are bulks of blocks and different figures. The sets are a little pricey but I did not look at all of them, you may be able to find sets that are affordable for you.

There is a sister site to ebay called half.com. They have all kinds of things on there, video game systems and games, books, music and movies all at very good prices, some are used and some are new. You don't bid like ebay, you just buy and you can sell too. I did not find legos on half.com.

A strong positive mental attitude will create more miracles than any wonder drug. --Patricia Neal

To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe. --Anatole France
YJL279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 12:13 AM   #8
muskiedad Male
the one who babbles

I did check ebay and cannot find the specific sets the boys wanted. Everything else of course! I have never heard of half.com, but will look around there, even if no lego is found...might be something interesting! Thanks!
Old 12-18-2010, 12:34 AM   #9
pann71 Female
Board Beacon Parent

pann71 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelpann71 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelpann71 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelpann71 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelpann71 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelpann71 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelpann71 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelpann71 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelpann71 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelpann71 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelpann71 Has Heart and Soul of an Angel

You can also go to Amazon.com and Overstock.com. I have heard that some of the lego sets are cheaper on lego.com than on Ebay.

Self-respect is the cornerstone of all virtue!!
pann71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 12:47 AM   #10
Mommyofone Female
Lively & Zealous Parent

Mommyofone has a brilliant futureMommyofone has a brilliant futureMommyofone has a brilliant future

I wish u could just get blocks not a set of any sort but just a big case of different shapes and sizes generic and let him decided... i go to walmart and get pissed i understand they make more money doing sets but i just want a bag of blocks....... but nooooo they want me to yell and scream...
Old 12-18-2010, 12:49 AM   #11
pann71 Female
Board Beacon Parent

pann71 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelpann71 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelpann71 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelpann71 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelpann71 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelpann71 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelpann71 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelpann71 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelpann71 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelpann71 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelpann71 Has Heart and Soul of an Angel

Hey Muskie, what are the sets your boys are looking for, maybe one of us frugal shoppers can help you find something!

Old 12-18-2010, 01:11 AM   #12
Mommyofone Female
Lively & Zealous Parent

well dagnabit i just found were i can buy just like the bricks... but for 35 for 650 of them... <3 amazon prime free month trial =D
Old 12-18-2010, 01:24 AM   #13
LSL Female
The blunt one;)

So another deal..... spend 100 dollars at the mall, get a 10.00 AMX card... guess what I did? It's like getting 10% off.

First went to Bath and Body works, where I bought buy 3 get 3 free --- AND I had a coupon that if I spent $10.00, get any item up to $13.00 for free... Seven items for 32.93. Finished off shopping for my dad and the dance instructor in one swoop! Yippee!

Found a monkey shirt for my nephew -- this is tradition, I get on every year. Normally 19.99, got it for 6.99 -- whoot.

Oregon State snuggie (also my nephew wanted), got it for 12.99, regular price was 30.00.

Then I went and bought 2 gift cards.....

100.00 spent... redeemed my receipts and got my $10.00 gift card.

To which I promptly went to Game Stop and got a $30.00 gift card, using the $10 AMX card..... .

And I am about done. Just my sister left! Yeah!
Old 12-18-2010, 01:39 AM   #14
pann71 Female
Board Beacon Parent

Good job LSL...I love getting great deals, feels like I won the lottery!

Old 12-18-2010, 01:41 AM   #15
muskiedad Male
the one who babbles

Pann I will have to dig out my list, but first I will check out the lego.com and the other sites you suggested. It's weird but I cannot remember the names, only the pics on the boxes! I wouldn't know a darth mall from a shopping mall! LOL
My sister just sent them lego sets all gift wrapped and I have called her to find out which ones so I don't duplicate. Naturally, she's out tonight.
Old 12-18-2010, 02:01 AM   #16
pann71 Female
Board Beacon Parent

Figures that they are Star Wars...they are one of the most expensive ones, that and batman. I was in Target last year and they had them on clearance like the ones on ebay now for $300 and up, for about $40. If I had the intuition and the money...LOL..I would have bought about 5 sets and pocketed about a grand this Christmas!

Old 12-18-2010, 02:08 AM   #17
muskiedad Male
the one who babbles

I had the guys make a list and they started with the $180 sets of course! LOL I checked ebay and it gets pricey, esp. since the shipping to Canada must be factored in and it may get nailed for duty at customs. Sometimes things come thru for free, sometimes you must pay some duty on it.
Old 12-18-2010, 03:21 AM   #18
LSL Female
The blunt one;)

Okay, so 2 years ago at Target, my sister was pregnant and it was black friday... anyway, they had this set that was 149.00 battle ship, for 49.99, but only 10 in that store. We got up and waited outside that store and was number 30 in line, the doors opened, and I walked as fast as I could without running, straight to the lego set and grabbed the second to last one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was back to the line before my sister even waddled that far!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL. I am handy to have around.
Old 12-18-2010, 06:56 AM   #19
pann71 Female
Board Beacon Parent

You are looking in ebay.ca right, that is ebay for Cananda, so some items ship within Canada.

Old 12-18-2010, 10:17 AM   #20
muskiedad Male
the one who babbles

when you do ebay canada it lists stuff from the states too. it tells you where it is, but canadian pickings are slim, which is why they prob. list usa stuff as well.
Old 12-18-2010, 10:47 AM   #21
idig Female
SFV JUNKIE!!!

idig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legend

So, LSL, have the shopping triumphs cured the grinchy feeling??
Old 12-18-2010, 01:03 PM   #22
muskiedad Male
the one who babbles

But Idig, Christmas doesn't come from a store! Christmas, perhaps, means a little bit more!
Old 12-18-2010, 03:42 PM   #23
idig Female
SFV JUNKIE!!!

idig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legend

Yes, Muskie but a woman can get the same kind of thrill as you do when fishing, from a good shopping deal....
Old 12-18-2010, 04:21 PM   #24
muskiedad Male
the one who babbles

Ahhh, then the true meaning of shopping shone through, and he got the strength of 10 muskies, plus two.

I'll take fish over shoes any day!
Old 12-18-2010, 09:06 PM   #25
LSL Female
The blunt one;)

... no the shopping did not do it for me. But I am better today. Today, my daughter and her performing dance company visited 4 different assisted living centers to dance for the seniors. There is something magical about watching ladies, in their twilight years, have their eyes twinkle and sparkle brilliantly watching the girls dance. Seeing the joy that it brings them, having them thank the parents for driving them their, thanking the girls for coming to see them, and just the joy that the beauty of the christmas program brings them --- that was awesome for me today. I actually took a picture of a lady who was beaming ear to ear. While her face was full of wrinkles, her face was beautiful when the childlike joy lit her features. I realized that maybe, for me, Christmas is more about giving to others. For the next couple of days, I am going to look for the beauty of the season, rather than giving in to the stress of it.
Old 12-18-2010, 09:14 PM   #26
idig Female
SFV JUNKIE!!!

Christmas has been hard for me a lot of years. "Where Are You Christmas" by Faith Hill makes me cry every year. Who knew life would end up here? It isn't terrible by any stretch, but different than I imagined back when....
Old 12-18-2010, 09:19 PM   #27
LSL Female
The blunt one;)

Strange thing... I heard that song the other day... I have never really listened to the lyrics, but I was listening that day and had to pull over the car because the tears were just flowing...... I fell like the first verse, but hoping I can get to the bridge before too long.
Old 12-18-2010, 09:24 PM   #28
idig Female
SFV JUNKIE!!!

I think you will, you are at one of those crossroads in life. The difference between what you envisioned and what is. Rarely is anything what we thought when working toward it, but it is no less beautiful in what it is. Even if we only see the beauty when past it, if that makes sense.
Old 12-18-2010, 09:50 PM   #29
muskiedad Male
the one who babbles

This is the worst Christmas here financially.....and yet, for the first time in years I am looking forward to it. Something has changed inside me this year....and while I mourn so many memories, the wonder in the kids faces renews my energies. I honestly think it is as simple as being grateful for what I have, not what I lost. (or thought I lost).
I hope the beauty shines thru for you
Old 12-18-2010, 10:09 PM   #30
pann71 Female
Board Beacon Parent

We need a like button on here!

Old 12-18-2010, 11:20 PM   #31
LSL Female
The blunt one;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pann71 View Post
We need a like button on here!
I've thought that several times in the last few weeks....... That is one feature I really love on facebook.
Old 12-18-2010, 11:29 PM   #32
muskiedad Male
the one who babbles

LOL, when I first saw Pann's comment I thought she'd been in California too long. I thought it read "We need, like, a button on here." LOL
Old 12-18-2010, 11:40 PM   #33
pann71 Female
Board Beacon Parent

I am so not in that part of California Muskie..If I start speaking Spanish, then I was here too long!

Funny, you would think that working with kids that are 70% Mexican/Latino and such, and the fact that my best friend here, the girl that I give a ride to everyday, speaks Spanish to me everyday that I would have picked up SOMETHING..but No entiendo!!!!

Old 12-20-2010, 10:00 AM   #34
lyndz7 Female
Setting New Standards

lyndz7 has a reputation beyond reputelyndz7 has a reputation beyond reputelyndz7 has a reputation beyond reputelyndz7 has a reputation beyond reputelyndz7 has a reputation beyond reputelyndz7 has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure if its still up there, but go on target.com and on the bottom find their coupons. There was a 10 off lego one the other day....I've been getting awesome deals as well...I bought way to much but got some awesome deals i can't not....

GoGo Dog--originally 59.00 for 34.99
VMotion org. 39.99 for 19.99 and a game for 7.99 org. 14.99
super cheap clothes
I don't think anything was bought for full price except for Mario Kart
Zhu ZHu pet ds game for 10 (black friday)
WHenever i'm online shopping i always google promo codes for the store and Usually get either free shipping or a good percentage off....[COLOR="Silver"]

Last edited by lyndz7; 12-20-2010 at 10:01 AM. Reason: my internet connection is terrible.....slowwwwww
lyndz7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 07:49 AM   #35
SHig Female
I am New

SHig is an unknown quantity at this point

Okay, I'm definitely a little late jumping on the bandwagon with this post, but as Christmas is coming up again, I'm also on the look out for some bargains! Amazon is usually a good shout for me, it's where I get a lot of my presents but recently found this one: http://www.prams.net/offers/# and have been thinking about buying a couple of things from here as they are very reasonably priced!
SHig is offline   Reply With Quote