Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parent Mothers ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> 30 - Something Single Moms

Old 02-27-2017, 05:10 PM   #1
sarah89
Learning to Surf The Board

sarah89 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Keeping toddler away from danger in home

Dear single moms,

My 1y8m daughter is a very active toddler. She is interested in EVERYTHING inside our home. My main concerns are kitchen and bathroom. I try to explain her what she may and what she may not do because she could hurt herself but some things are to much fun for her. She sometimes tries to sneak in the kitchen and try to do things that I said her not to do (like touching the oven or opening the freezer).

Do you use any products to prevent your toddler from entering certain areas (like safety gates) or to notify you when toddler enters the room (like baby monitors)?
sarah89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 09:50 PM   #2
Woodsimply
Thinks too much

Woodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an Angel
Default Re: Keeping toddler away from danger in

Welcome to SFV!
Baby gates are always helpful, even with dogs

She will grow out of it. Their world gets so big once they start walking. They want to check out everything.

You cannot get an answer, if you do not ask the question. Say what you need to say.
~Just me
Woodsimply is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 01:30 PM   #3
SingleDad1983
I am New

SingleDad1983 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Keeping toddler away from danger in

My son is almost 4 and for several years, he has had the curiosity to test boundaries. It is almost mandatory to "child proof" your house. I use the safety gates, electric plug covers, and the latches for cabinets. I agree with Woodsimply, the gates work for dogs as well. I have a older border collie. The gate keeps him in the kitchen and my son out of it. Win-Win. I think my next investment will be in the door knob covers. Recently, I was outside and my son locked the door. Luckily, I coaxed him to unlock it, but it could have been bad. Ultimately, children are going to want to explore and if they are not putting themselves in immediate danger... explore away!
SingleDad1983 is offline   Reply With Quote