Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey Bad boys, silly boys - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parenting - Through The Ages¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Babes, Children & Teens > Young Adults: 18 - 25

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 10-13-2008, 12:00 AM   #1
Dad of 3 + 3 Male
Lively & Zealous Parent

Dad of 3 + 3 is a glorious beacon of lightDad of 3 + 3 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Bad boys, silly boys

So my 2 Army boys came home on leave last month. Kevin just got back from Baghdad and this was the first time Trevor has been in town since the accident after he got back from Baghdad. They were here for over a week and did not tell their mom or see her until the day before they left, and then for only an hour or so(I was in my car with the 3 youngest).

Now for the silly part.

Kevin gave me a bumper sticker that says
"Things get Better with Age...
I'm Approaching Magnificent"

In the past he gave me a plaque that says
"Voted #1 Mom"

Yep my silly little boy (the taller one in the sig pic by the blast wall)

Things Get Better with age ...
I'm approaching Magnificent

Dad of 3 + 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 07:36 AM   #2
LaurieDorey
Lively & Zealous Parent

LaurieDorey is an unknown quantity at this point

wow a thread started by dale - that's huuuuuge!

well, first of all, congrats for raising loving "boys" with a terrific sense of humor who clearly love you i've only seen a few posts in the past about your ex, and of course none made me long for your reconciliation... but very sad that she has created a life that her own kids shy away from her. delightful (or should i say magnificent )that you created a warm loving safe home that your kids flock to, and laugh, tease and enjoy being with daddy.

yay dale yay!
Old 10-13-2008, 08:50 AM   #3
Tessmit
Setting New Standards

Tessmit is an unknown quantity at this point

Dale, it's truely awesome that your children find you their hero! It was tough, the time you had to endure being away from your children. It seems as though it just strenghtens your bond with your kiddos. Keep up the awesome job!
Tessmit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 07:58 PM   #4
trebor Male
Board Beacon Parent

trebor Has Heart and Soul of an Angeltrebor Has Heart and Soul of an Angeltrebor Has Heart and Soul of an Angeltrebor Has Heart and Soul of an Angeltrebor Has Heart and Soul of an Angeltrebor Has Heart and Soul of an Angeltrebor Has Heart and Soul of an Angeltrebor Has Heart and Soul of an Angeltrebor Has Heart and Soul of an Angeltrebor Has Heart and Soul of an Angeltrebor Has Heart and Soul of an Angel

Dale I wanted to say congrats and thank you for raising kids who not only love and respect their father, but also have a sense of duty and honor. GREAT JOB!!!
trebor is offline   Reply With Quote