Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey HELP my son wont sleep... - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parenting - Through The Ages¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Babes, Children & Teens

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 01-27-2004, 07:28 PM   #1
bear
Parent on Board

bear is an unknown quantity at this point

HEY MY SON WONT SLEEP. HE ONLY SLEEPS IN HIS CRIB AT NIGHT FOR A LITTLE WHILE. IM LOSING SLEEP OVER THIS! I CHOSE TO HAVE HIM SLEEP WITH ME I KNOW BUT I NEED HIM TO MOVE OVER INTO THE CRIB. I HAVE IT RIGHT NEXT TO MY BED BUT HE SPENDS MOST OF THE NIGHT WITH ME. EVEN NAPS ARE SPENT IN MY ARMS TO HAVE HIM SLEEP LONG ENOUGH... PLEASE HELP
bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2004, 07:28 PM   #2
bear
Parent on Board

HEY MY SON WONT SLEEP. HE ONLY SLEEPS IN HIS CRIB AT NIGHT FOR A LITTLE WHILE. IM LOSING SLEEP OVER THIS! I CHOSE TO HAVE HIM SLEEP WITH ME I KNOW BUT I NEED HIM TO MOVE OVER INTO THE CRIB. I HAVE IT RIGHT NEXT TO MY BED BUT HE SPENDS MOST OF THE NIGHT WITH ME. EVEN NAPS ARE SPENT IN MY ARMS TO HAVE HIM SLEEP LONG ENOUGH... PLEASE HELP
Old 01-27-2004, 08:59 PM   #3
Solo
Parent on Board

Solo is an unknown quantity at this point

It sounds like you have gotten him used to the holding and sharing of your bed. Some suggestions could be giving your son a pacifier and rubbing his back while he is in his bed. I always tried to have my babies lye on thier side by using a pillow. And I have heard that a pillow shouldnt be used but I did. I tried to find what kept them comfortable.

And as far as what studies say they do provide good info but what works for one doesnt always have the same effect for another. I would never let my babies cry for long periods of time or constantly. Sometimes crying for awhile may help them fall asleep too. And I don't think that one day you should just suddenly leave him in his crib to cry it out. Maybe just try to get him to fall asleep by laying him down, talking to him, giving a pacifier, keeping your hand on him so that way he knows your there and if you are persistant your work will pay off.

Well I hope that whatever you decide works for you soon! I know how you feel! I have been through many sleepless nights.
Solo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2004, 11:11 PM   #4
JG
Parent on Board

JG is an unknown quantity at this point

I had the same problem, well sorta. My daughter didn't really sleep with me but in the same room. she would wake up 5-6 times a night and I would have to feed her. My doctor told me to not pick her up when she cried but instead to stand over her crib and rub her back for a few and leave the room again. She said it was going to be harder on me then on her. About half way through the night I almost gave in a fed her, but I thought that I was this far into it that if I turn around now I would just have to go through this all over again. I was lucky and it only took her one night and she slept through after that, but it make take several nights for you. Just try your best and if you slip up you are still a good mom. it will all fall into place in good time. As long as you keep going in the room they know that you are still there. I am just saying that this worked for me so it may not be the formula for you, you can always ask your doctor for advice. Good luck and keep us informed. Jayme
Old 01-28-2004, 08:12 AM   #5
Maywest
On the Board

Maywest is an unknown quantity at this point

I to made the same mistake by putting my last child Destiny in my bed instead of a baby bed. Destiny is 6 yrs. old now and has her own bed but, at times she still wants to sleep with me. I never put Destiny in a crib she would wake up every 2 hrs. I would breast feed her and she would go back to sleep. I found that a pacifier calmed her down and she would fall asleep but, that to became a nightmare because one night she lost her pacifier at my moms house and I had to go to Walmart at Midnight to get a nuk the only kind she would take because she would not stop crying. I also started keeping extras around and cliped it to her clothes.
Maywest
Maywest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2004, 03:51 PM   #6
Dew
Setting New Standards

Dew is an unknown quantity at this point

What we used to do when my son did not sleep during the day, we went for long walks, and he would sleep no problem. And when I needed to do something, I went for a walk around the block and then left him in the pram to sleep. At night I often nursed him 3 times and more. I decided to leave him to sleep in my bed those nights, because it was too tiresome to always get up, and we would sleep fine after he was fed. I still believe it was no mistake. That first year is really hard. But it does get better. And if you wean them earlier it will get better earlier too. But I'm glad we didn't do that. If you're breast feeding, that might be one of the reasons he sleeps less well. But it's worth it I think.
Old 01-28-2004, 05:18 PM   #7
jmsajs
Parent on Board

jmsajs is an unknown quantity at this point

bear,

You should really make sure that there is no medical reason for this behavior. Things like acid reflux and other digestive problems can be the cause. These things usually show up at sleep time. A 4.5 month old is not able to soothe himself yet so rocking and holding him while he falls asleep is ok and as far as getting him used to sleeping with you, �spoiled�, my pediatrician said that I had until the 6th month before I would start developing sleep habits like that. ** I know every child and pediatrician is different and that is your call; it is just what I was told. ** He certainly may be used to the warmth/security of sleeping with you but his own bed and/or room should be able to provide that kind of security too. You may want to examine issues like the temperature of his mattress when you lay him down, out side noise or it may even be too quiet. I found that if I lay a heating pad on low/medium and wrapped in a towel for 15 min (while I gave her a bottle and I would remove it before I laid her down) would heat her bed enough to make the transition from my arms to her bed fuss free. I also use white noise to aid in her uninterrupted sleep; my house was too quiet because it is just her and I, even the slightest noise would wake her, it really helped. Although now that she is teething she has started waking up every 4-5 hours about 4 nights a week but that is to be expected. Good luck, I feel for you because I have been there too. I hope this info helps.

Jenny
Old 01-31-2004, 01:27 AM   #8
F8THnHOPE
Board Blazen Parent

F8THnHOPE is an unknown quantity at this point

I also had my son sleep with me when he was little. Although it was hard I had to put him in his crib and let him be in there even if he cried. What I would feed him and put him in his crib. If he woke up I gave him a pacifier and stood next to his bed patting his back and singing to him until he fell asleep. This was also the time when he got his puppy. This little stuffed dog that now at two my son still finds comfort in sleeping with. I never left him alone crying there, I always waited until he was dead asleep. It took about a week for him to get comfortable with it and then finally he would stay asleep when I put him to bed. Takes some work and some crying but in the long run its the best thing. Hope our suggestions help!

Melissa
F8THnHOPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2004, 08:29 AM   #9
Dew
Setting New Standards

Dew is an unknown quantity at this point

SURE !
I'm sorry you're having a bad day, dear abcdefg.
Actually, I miss screaming and shouting at someone too !
Old 01-31-2004, 08:45 AM   #10
Jakesmommy
Parent on Board

Jakesmommy is an unknown quantity at this point

abcdefg,
Um..excuse me...we are a single parent forum, trying to help with issues exactly like bears. To us that is a problem worth solving. Many of us have no other methods of support and need this forum. You obviously have strong support elsewhere and find our problems silly and petty. If you really need serious help than please post your problem and we will help you the best we can. If not I think putting other people down and berating a single mother truly asking for help makes you a very negative voice that might be better off somewhere else!
And Bear, please ignore the rude comments! Your little one is just adjusting. What you're doing is great. You might have to let him cry it out a little in his crib while you pat him or sing. My son has a nap tape of classical music that comforts him everyday, it also blocks out any disruptive noise. And for all of you who are patting babies back while you comfort them...please remember to put your baby to sleep on their back, not their stomachs, it's a proven medical fact and I care too much about all of these children not to say anything..sorry. Good Luck and let us know how it goes! Jakesmommy
Jakesmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2004, 12:13 PM   #11
Ariesmom3
Parent on Board

Ariesmom3 is an unknown quantity at this point

abcdefg,
I just wanted to say insults can fly both ways.
(did you come up with that displayed named or did your 5yr old help you)..
If this site is so petty and not worth your time why did you bother responding..
Next time you need to vent anger and choose to take it out on a caring single parent of this site. WHY DON'T YOU DO US ALL A FAVOR AND JUST TAKE IT OUT ON YOUR SELF....
(sorry to everyone if I seem rude.. but additudes like this just really get to me
Old 01-31-2004, 01:39 PM   #12
JG
Parent on Board

How a person could be so rude is beyond me. Do not listen to a word that miserable person said. You just do whatever it is feels right to you. And to abcdefg, maybe you should take a further look into these posts and really read them. We all pour our heart and soul into this and for someone to come along and judge without ever even taking part in anything is awful. Maybe you should look into your own life and fix whatever it is that is obviously making you unhappy before you judge others. Jayme
Old 01-31-2004, 04:30 PM   #13
bear
Parent on Board

ABCDEFG WROTE....my advice, You have all heard what your doctor said "Don't let your child sleep with you" But does anyone listen, NO! Maybe you should blame yourself for what you have created. I am sure you are a great mom, but come on it is just common sense. I have sifted through a ton of your guys post and you all try and blame everything wrong in your lives on everyone else. Take a look at what you do to create your problems! Own your own actions. We have all been dealt some ty things in our life, but we all get through it. Some of the problems you guys talk about are ridiculas. I mean come on the trouble in Irac and the starving kids aroung the world, THAT IS A PROBLEM!!!! ABCDEFG
HEY ABCDEFG...CLEVER. hey just to let you know if you can reread my post i never mentioned "ty things in my life" did I? MY CHILD IS THE WORLD TO ME THATS WHY I ASKED IN CONCERN! why do you bother to come here? this is an open discussion on how to get advice on sleep not a tear a** on what we do wrong in your eyes. i do help out with the war my family is there too! how does that sit on your mind? you said.. and i quote. "I have sifted through a ton of your guys post and you all try and blame everything wrong in your lives on everyone else." who did i blame this on? i dont think i said it was anyone besides my own action! and my doctor said its FINE and PERSONAL CHOICE (BUT IM SURE YOUR DOCTOR KNOW THE BEST OVER ALL DOCTORS) to have my child sleep with me! i ask you in the kindest way to not write in my posts bcs to me you are only negative and angry!!! ONLY if you have nicer advice, not a comment of anger thats not what i asked for!TREAT PEOPLE HOW YOU WANT TO BE TREATED! AND ONE MORE THING YOU SAID... "Maybe you should blame yourself for what you have created. I am sure you are a great mom, but come on it is just common sense." NO ITS COMMON SENCE TO NOT LEAVE NOTES LIKE THIS TO ME BCS I DID NOTHING BUT ASK A SIMPLE QUESTION, I AM NOT BLAMING ANYONE, AND I DO TAKE PART IN OUR COUNTRY. DONT SHARE ADVICE ONTO ME IF YOU DONT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT ME THE COMMENT ON IRAQ AND ALL THAT WAS A LOW BLOW!!!!! thanks ABCDEFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-31-2004, 04:57 PM   #14
JG
Parent on Board

WELL SAID!!!! Jayme
Old 01-31-2004, 07:26 PM   #15
Jakesmommy
Parent on Board

Okay I am sad to see this one inconsiderate person create so much anger in our once secure and happy forum. The alphabet member apparently has some issues and has decided that we are innocent and unsuspecting victims towards which their anger must be directed. It was a low blow and it was unecessary. I say we just ignore it and move on. we have enough issues in our lives without having to worry about cruel comments on this forum.
So here is my suggestion..if abcdefg wants to post, make your own..tell your story, you obviously joined for a reason. If you are so full of hate and need help than just ask, but if not it is obvious that you only upset our forum and you're not welcomed here!
Bear, take a deep breath, you are an innocent victim and don't deserve to have to defend yourself! you did nothing wrong and I feel so bad this had to happen to you! I hope nothing like this ever happens again, we have enough troubles in our lives
Old 01-31-2004, 07:42 PM   #16
Jakesmommy
Parent on Board

abcdefg,
Maybe you need some help and we are more than willing to forgive and forget. Give us a chance it couldn't hurt to try!
Jakesmommy
Old 01-31-2004, 09:51 PM   #17
Ariesmom3
Parent on Board

Ariesmom3 is an unknown quantity at this point

I just wanted to say
Jakesmommy that is way forgiving of you..
This post is composed of such wonderful people-my evidence has been presented ..
you guys are so awesome..
Old 01-31-2004, 11:50 PM   #18
mom of 2
On the Board

mom of 2 is an unknown quantity at this point

My belief has always been that there are times when your child will eventually not want you in their life, so why not allow them to be in your life as long as possible! My 8 1/2 year old still sleeps with me on special occasions, and my 8 month old sleeps with me sometimes too. I love my own space, and one day, if I get remarried, that all might change, but your small child did not ask to come here. All your child knows is you. Could you imagine waking up in the middle of the night in the dark and not really having any concept or experience of where you are? That is probably how a small child/infant feels. Both of my boys have been fortunate enough to start crib life in my bedroom. I rock my baby to sleep. I am gone all day; we need that time. My oldest still needs cuddle time. Love your baby. If leaving him in the bed to cry doesn't feel right to you, don't do it. If your baby is having problems sleeping, it could be a growth spurt or some medical reason. My baby wakes up a lot or stirs throughout the night when he has an earache or a cold. Children didn't come with instruction manuals, and it is not always as easy as COMMON SENSE!
mom of 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2004, 11:50 PM   #19
Coach4Him
On the Board

Coach4Him is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree with those who are telling you to just let your little one cry. It stabs a mom in the heart, but it works. Make sure they are safe and exercise that "tough love" (as much as we hate that). The first night or two, rub their back, but make sure you leave before they fall asleep--so they know that's how it works. The next few nights, I would not move from my bed, but just say things like "it's ok", "I love you", "go to sleep", etc. These loving words will let them know you are not far away and that just because they can't feel you doesn't mean you aren't there. This provides a world of security for them. In my opinion, the best thing you can do (if you have the room), is put them in their own room. There, you can put some soft music on that soothes them. When the tape or CD is over, don't put in another one. This will let them develop healthy bed time habits that everyone can live with (because you never know when a night will come along when someone else will have to put them to sleep). My children have never spent the night in my bed other than when they were sick or as a "slumber party"/"special treat". As single parents especially, we need a good night's sleep to function and be the best parents we can. Speaking for myself, the only way I'm going to get a good night's sleep is without any little feet in my ribs throughout the night. Of course, I'm a light sleeper. (I've been a single mom for 8 years--my kids are now 9 and 10.)

Good luck to you!!!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ariesmom3:
[qb]I just wanted to say
Jakesmommy that is way forgiving of you..
This post is composed of such wonderful people-my evidence has been presented ..
you guys are so awesome..[/qb] </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Coach4Him is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2004, 12:03 AM   #20
Coach4Him
On the Board

Coach4Him is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree with cherishing the moments you have with your children, but you also have to develop habits that are best for them in the long run. What if you DO get married? Think they're going to be able to adjust that easily? I dated a widow who had a 9 year old son who slept with his parents on a regular basis. After his mom passed away, he wanted to spend every night with his dad--completely understandable AND acceptable--especially given his loss. Eventually, dad grew weary of it because he couldn't even do laundry or whatever because his son demanded his presence in bed. When dad finally started dating again, the son ended up having some MAJOR issues with his father because he was instructed to go to his own bed OR go to his father's bed without his father while dad and I talked. After 13 months, it didn't get any better. The little boy LOVED me and did not have a problem with me but was very angry with his father for changing his bed routine. I think he still ended up sleeping with dad every night anyway. I can't imagine the stress it would've put on our marriage if we would've gotten married as planned--especially since we had FOUR children between the two of us ages 8,9,10, and 13. There would've been 3 of them feeling left out and the energy of a newlywed couple would've been completely doused! In my home, we have special "camp out nights" where we all crawl in my bed and watch a movie. Sometimes, we throw sleeping bags on the floor in the living room. We make it something truly special a memorable. The kids love it and look forward to it. They are both very secure, independent, and extremely loving. Don't misunderstand me. I think wanting to hold, love, and cherish your children while you still can is the most admirable thing you can do. There are many healthy ways to do that. We just need to be careful to not build insecurities that will harm them in the end because of our wanting to never let go.
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mom of 2:
[qb]My belief has always been that there are times when your child will eventually not want you in their life, so why not allow them to be in your life as long as possible! My 8 1/2 year old still sleeps with me on special occasions, and my 8 month old sleeps with me sometimes too. I love my own space, and one day, if I get remarried, that all might change, but your small child did not ask to come here. All your child knows is you. Could you imagine waking up in the middle of the night in the dark and not really having any concept or experience of where you are? That is probably how a small child/infant feels. Both of my boys have been fortunate enough to start crib life in my bedroom. I rock my baby to sleep. I am gone all day; we need that time. My oldest still needs cuddle time. Love your baby. If leaving him in the bed to cry doesn't feel right to you, don't do it. If your baby is having problems sleeping, it could be a growth spurt or some medical reason. My baby wakes up a lot or stirs throughout the night when he has an earache or a cold. Children didn't come with instruction manuals, and it is not always as easy as COMMON SENSE![/qb] </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Coach4Him is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2004, 11:59 PM   #21
jaseand mommy
On the Board

jaseand mommy is an unknown quantity at this point

One thing that I've tried and it seemed to work for my son is I put my t-shirt (with my scent on it)in his crib and he seemed to sooth himself by smelling me. I know it seems wierd but a friend of mine told me to try it and it worked.
jaseand mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2004, 11:23 AM   #22
mark uk
Board Blazen Parent

mark uk is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,This post is for abcdefg.
I have been watching the posts that went the the inital query and have kept my head down to avoid the crossfire until now.
You would be welcome to join us.We appreciate that everyone has to vent.Maybe it just wasn't the right discussion to do it in.If you could give us some background,maybe we could help.Everyone who is a singleparent and uses the site is valued.That's why we are here. To vent,ask advice or just friendship as it is so lonely out there.Don't let one outburst stand in the way of being helped or helping others.
Please think about it.

Best wishes,

Mark
Old 02-02-2004, 12:21 PM   #23
JG
Parent on Board

Upon reading your recent posts I am reminded why I keep coming here. Where can you go and treated with so much respect. I think that you are all so forgiving and such wonderful people. I am glad that I found this site a while back and you all are what keeps people coming here. abcdefg, I too would love to help you with any problems or just be there to listen if you need it. When you read these posts how could you not want to come back!!! Jayme
Old 02-16-2004, 10:20 PM   #24
CA
Setting New Standards

CA is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Everyone,
Bear ... you have had some great advice here. I hope I may add. As for letting your son "cry it out", yes while it is so very heart wrenching for us as mommies, babies and children need to learn how to comfort themselves. BUT! ... never let him get hysterical and not go to him. Yes .. you know the difference. My mother ran an "in home day care" ... wow we had babies around all the time. I thought she was a genius! At one point she had 11 .. all under 3, plus the 3 of us ranging from 6 months to 8 years. She was the one that taught me this as well as many other things. As for the trick with the t-shirt from Jaseandmommie ...IT WORKS!!!! My mother taught me the same things as well as many of the mothers of children she cared for. I took to washing Evie's blankets and rotate sleeping with them myself just so they would smell of me for her when I was not with her. She still tells me today (* 11 years old) "I love the way you smell mommie"
Bear, do what works for you and your baby. Just remember ... by taking care of your self and getting enough sleep (good sleep) you can better take care of the ones you love and cherish.
Good Luck! I will be here if you need me.
Thank you all for being here .. I am happy to have found this site!
CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2004, 02:14 AM   #25
trueblue
Getting My Feet (Board) Wet

trueblue is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, how's the night time sleeps going now? Good I hope. you've recieved some great advice from your friends from Single voices. i have three children myself, all with different incidences while they were babies. my first child liked to be rocked to sleep. we had a bit of trouble at first but we were nervous. Things improved after a couple of months. If he woke up through the night I would give him his dummy and i did not talk to him, I left the room closing the door behind me. He started sleeping through from 8 wks. My second child hated to be nursed to sleep, he preferred to be put straight in his bed, dummy in mouth, no talking. i did have a short period where he kept waking up during the night. i would lie on the single bed in his room, he in the cot, I played a CD called "Dawn- Soothing music for a new day" put out by ABC Music EMI. He would fall asleep after the second song.My third child has been just perfect, he goes to sleep no problem at all, I'm so relaxed now, and I feel that he picks up on it. Just relax, kids do pick up when your tense, take some deep, slow breaths when near him, he will mimic your breathing and fall asleep. Try getting into a routine. For instence:- last feed, bath, quiet time... listening to music or reading a story, I even had a look at a photo album with my child sitting on my lap, talking about the photo's in a calming voice and he fell asleep, then put the child in bed, dummy in mouth and leave the room, returning to put dummy in if necessary, no talking...Keep to same routine every sleep time and soon they will get the idea. Be positive and you'll be right. Good Luck. <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bear:
[qb]HEY MY SON WONT SLEEP. HE ONLY SLEEPS IN HIS CRIB AT NIGHT FOR A LITTLE WHILE. IM LOSING SLEEP OVER THIS! I CHOSE TO HAVE HIM SLEEP WITH ME I KNOW BUT I NEED HIM TO MOVE OVER INTO THE CRIB. I HAVE IT RIGHT NEXT TO MY BED BUT HE SPENDS MOST OF THE NIGHT WITH ME. EVEN NAPS ARE SPENT IN MY ARMS TO HAVE HIM SLEEP LONG ENOUGH... PLEASE HELP[/qb] </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

trueblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2004, 12:32 AM   #26
Chicagomom1
Parent on Board

Chicagomom1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Kara,

I was in the same boat. Sierra slept in a co-sleeper attached to my bed so it was almost as she was in my bed. If she cried i was there to put her pacifier in her mouth or to pick her up into my bed and feed her back to sleep. When she started rolling over and being able to sit up on her own I knew it was time for her crib. Her crib is in the same room as me(as there are no other rooms left in my parent's house LOL).. It is right next to my bed so she can see me. When I first put her in there i literally had to breastfeed her until she was in a deep sleep and very very very gently place her into the crib. Which most the time didn't work LOL.. After many many sleepless nights I realized the problem was I didn't really have routine for her. Now it is play for an hour after my brother and sister (who are 2 1/2 and 3 1/2) go to bed (or until it is 8pm depending on when they go down). Then at 8pm it is get into PJs, feeding in my arms, I then put her in her crib, turn on her music, give her her pacifier and leave the room. Usually she will cry (and they will). I wait 5 mins (but when I started the routine at 6months I only waited 2mins), then I go in put pacifier back in mouth (repeat routine if music is off or baby is able to stand up lay them down etc.).. I do this 2 or 3 times if she still isn't going to sleep. I pat/rub her stomache, back or face until she calms down and is asleep. Letting her cry was the hardest thing ever and it still is but I realized if I was to ever get sleep again. I had to do something. She still gets up everyonce in a while at night but I just keep the lights off, give her her pacifier, and pat her to sleep. If she doesn't settle down I give her a bottle. Because alot of time the reason they are waking up in the middle of the night is because they are hungery. What my pediatrician told me is that if you need to give them a bottle to put them to bed thats fine just after a while or after the fall asleep take it out of the crib. It's only when the bottle is left in the crib and the baby uses it as a pacifier does it cause a problem. Does your son take a pacifier or have lovey?? ( a lovey is something he is attached to that would sooth and calm him.) If not maybe trying that. He will eventually need to learn to put himself back to sleep and self soothing with pacifier or lovey is the best way for him and for you.. Hope this helps.. email me or call me if you need. I gave you my info in PM. Good luck and sweet dreams (i hope)

Shannon
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bear:
[qb]HEY MY SON WONT SLEEP. HE ONLY SLEEPS IN HIS CRIB AT NIGHT FOR A LITTLE WHILE. IM LOSING SLEEP OVER THIS! I CHOSE TO HAVE HIM SLEEP WITH ME I KNOW BUT I NEED HIM TO MOVE OVER INTO THE CRIB. I HAVE IT RIGHT NEXT TO MY BED BUT HE SPENDS MOST OF THE NIGHT WITH ME. EVEN NAPS ARE SPENT IN MY ARMS TO HAVE HIM SLEEP LONG ENOUGH... PLEASE HELP[/qb] </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Chicagomom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 06:42 PM   #27
Fiasmom
I am New

Fiasmom is an unknown quantity at this point

When Ophelia was A baby she was very nervous and I lost a lot of sleep. (Holding her for a nap, getting kicked in the head at night, ect) She just turned 2 and still sleeps with me for part of the night. (I put her to bed by herself and she comes to sleep with me sometimes.) I don't see a problem with cosleeping. Most cultures take it for granted that the baby will share the bed. Its worked for a lot of mothers before me. Besides I sleep a little better with her even if she still kicks sometimes.
Fiasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005, 10:35 PM   #28
Shorty2
I am New

Shorty2 is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bear:
[qb] HEY MY SON WONT SLEEP. HE ONLY SLEEPS IN HIS CRIB AT NIGHT FOR A LITTLE WHILE. IM LOSING SLEEP OVER THIS! I CHOSE TO HAVE HIM SLEEP WITH ME I KNOW BUT I NEED HIM TO MOVE OVER INTO THE CRIB. I HAVE IT RIGHT NEXT TO MY BED BUT HE SPENDS MOST OF THE NIGHT WITH ME. EVEN NAPS ARE SPENT IN MY ARMS TO HAVE HIM SLEEP LONG ENOUGH... PLEASE HELP [/qb] </div></BLOCKQUOTE>How old is your son? I read something in a magazine once about this same thing and it worked for my son when he was an infant. Basically, first try to put the crib in his own room, or a seperate room from yours(it will help you in the long run). The article was explaining about putting your child in their own room in their crib the first night for 10 minutes and just let them cry. Then go get them. The next night you increase the "10 minutes" to lets say...15 minutes. You keep increasing the minutes before you go and get your child until they can fall asleep on their own. Trust me it works!!! I am in the military so I only had 6 weeks off and by the time my son was 5 weeks old he was sleeping in his crib on his own! The only problem is...every child is different. So, you can try this and at least see if it works! Good Luck! I hope you get some sleep soon! You are going to need it trust me...my son is 3 now and full of energy.
Shorty2 is offline   Reply With Quote