Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parent Mothers ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Pregnant and Alone

Old 02-22-2017, 11:48 PM   #1
samyrick
I am New

samyrick is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy 35, pregnant, single and feeling alone.

Hi everyone. I stumbled upon this site while having a very long and confusing day. I am currently a single mom to a son aged 13 and I am also 7 weeks pregnant. The father and I dated for 7 months before he decided he was not really ready for a relationship the way he thought he was because he needs to focus on himself. Although he is the one that initiated the decision to be in a relationship. He is also the one that talked about having a baby and perhaps even getting off the pill so we can start trying since we started having sex. Needless to say I haven't heard from or seen him in weeks now. I don't know what to do. The idea of having an abortion saddens me. But I also don't want to bring a child into the world without a father. More importantly I am not sure how I will explain this to my teenage son and I'm sure I'll disappoint my parents AGAIN. I know this is my decision but I am just reaching out. I feel like a dumb and confused teenager.
samyrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 02:31 PM   #2
bluewave
At A loss for Words - NOT!

bluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support
Default Re: 35, pregnant, single and feeling alo

HI Samyrick,
I'm so sorry you're feeling alone and are going through this! Make your choice for what's best for you and your circumstances.

I think it's awful what your ex did regarding family planning. To me it reads as if he tricked you at worst, at best, just wasn't thinking things through. Either way, I'm really sorry that you're in this predicament.

This is something only you can know within your heart and mind what is the right thing to do. Good luck and know you aren't alone.
bluewave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 03:53 PM   #3
MsSimone
I am New

MsSimone is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 35, pregnant, single and feeling alo

I can relate. I also feel so confused at times. Similar to your story, my baby was all he ever wished for, and when it happened (by mistake because i never intended to get pregnant), he moved away. some days he loves me, some days he says we need to move on. so i've decided that i'm cutting him off. my baby is due in may, he'll come to meet her only in late july, until then i'm going to try hard and not answer his calls, nothing good ever comes from them. be strong, for yourself and your baby.
MsSimone is offline   Reply With Quote