Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey Single parenting + AP - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parenting - Through The Ages¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Attachment Parenting

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 11-27-2011, 05:16 PM   #1
APMommy Female
I am New

APMommy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Single parenting + AP

I am a full time single mom and had always planned on attachment parenting even when I was pregnant. My daughter and I have the most amazing relationship and she is the best baby. But I find it hard to leave.. A. Because I am so attached to her and I don't want to and B. Because she only wants to be with me. I am nursing and co sleeping so if I leave anywhere after 5pm it never goes well. Any advice?!
APMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 05:58 PM   #2
zomom Female
Sweet & Sassy

zomom Has Heart and Soul of an Angelzomom Has Heart and Soul of an Angelzomom Has Heart and Soul of an Angelzomom Has Heart and Soul of an Angelzomom Has Heart and Soul of an Angelzomom Has Heart and Soul of an Angelzomom Has Heart and Soul of an Angelzomom Has Heart and Soul of an Angelzomom Has Heart and Soul of an Angelzomom Has Heart and Soul of an Angelzomom Has Heart and Soul of an Angel
Default Re: Single parenting + AP

What is attatched parenting?
zomom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 07:48 PM   #3
LSL Female
The blunt one;)

LSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support Legend

You have to have balance. I never did the whole attachment parenting thing, yet I have one of the most amazing relationships with my daughter.

It is very, very important that children have other adults in their lives that are "safe" adults. I don't think this is inconsistent with attachment parenting. A child can actually become too attached and not develop confidence outside of their parents being around.

My child has quite a bit of confidence. I believe that is because at about 6-9 months I began to leave her with adults I trusted: my mom, my dad, my sister.

One question I have for you is how long does your baby cry when you leave? It is normal for a child to cry for a minute or two. It is not normal for a child to cry for the whole time you are gone.
Old 11-27-2011, 08:00 PM   #4
zomom Female
Sweet & Sassy

zomom Has Heart and Soul of an Angelzomom Has Heart and Soul of an Angelzomom Has Heart and Soul of an Angelzomom Has Heart and Soul of an Angelzomom Has Heart and Soul of an Angelzomom Has Heart and Soul of an Angelzomom Has Heart and Soul of an Angelzomom Has Heart and Soul of an Angelzomom Has Heart and Soul of an Angelzomom Has Heart and Soul of an Angelzomom Has Heart and Soul of an Angel

I remember the first time I put zo in her own room in her crib, I was so nervous thinking she would--now I can't even rememer what I was so nervous about; seperation I guess. The funny thing is that she was 6 weeks old, and it was the 1st night she slept the whole night through. A few months later (one of the many times I left the X) I thought zo and I could share a bed, but I woke up to her big 'ol eyes staring at me at 2am...plus, she was a lil bed hog!
Thinking back it was about 6 months when I left her with (semi) trusted adults in the family. Of corse it took me til she was a year to be okay with being away from her while I went shopping or something.
zomom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 10:46 PM   #5
DBCooper Male
Banned For Spam

DBCooper Has Heart and Soul of an AngelDBCooper Has Heart and Soul of an AngelDBCooper Has Heart and Soul of an AngelDBCooper Has Heart and Soul of an AngelDBCooper Has Heart and Soul of an AngelDBCooper Has Heart and Soul of an AngelDBCooper Has Heart and Soul of an AngelDBCooper Has Heart and Soul of an AngelDBCooper Has Heart and Soul of an AngelDBCooper Has Heart and Soul of an AngelDBCooper Has Heart and Soul of an Angel

as a guy, i never paid attention to this...but having seen it all over the news since Time Magazines recent cover (i call shotgun by the way)...i gotta say, there is just something wrong with this theory...Bubba and I have a great relationship...but there is something wrong, IMHO, with attachment parenting and I can't help but believe that the end result is that kids who are raised this way are going to have severe issues as they grow up...

just my opinion though...
DBCooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 12:09 AM   #6
outinthsticks Female
Lively & Zealous Parent

outinthsticks has a reputation beyond reputeoutinthsticks has a reputation beyond reputeoutinthsticks has a reputation beyond reputeoutinthsticks has a reputation beyond reputeoutinthsticks has a reputation beyond reputeoutinthsticks has a reputation beyond reputeoutinthsticks has a reputation beyond repute

I did attachment parenting when my daughter was a baby, and although I wasn't technically a "single parent" at the time, I was in reality. Thinking back, I know it was very hard for me to have to go back to work when I did because it was unexpected, but she and I made it through and continued on. You do have to let go though. Most times it is harder for us mothers than it is for our children.
outinthsticks is offline   Reply With Quote