Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey AP Mom's - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parenting - Through The Ages¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Attachment Parenting

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 03-13-2005, 04:45 PM   #1
ameliabedelia
I am New

ameliabedelia is an unknown quantity at this point

Just wondering where all the AP Mama's are.
I'm new here and was hoping to connect w/mom's that share my parenting philosophies and can commiserate w/me about those who don't. LOL!

Currently reading the No Cry Sleep Solution...any one have success with it?

Look forward to chatting.
ameliabedelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005, 06:18 PM   #2
tomany2count
Visitor

Hi ameliabedelia and welcome to the site. You have found a good place here. Feel free to jump in anytime and have some fun.
Old 09-29-2005, 01:19 PM   #3
leekay
Learning to Surf The Board

leekay is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there,

I'm an AP parent (kinda happened by default). I've been on the site for a couple months but only now noticed there was an AP section. I'm disappointed that there aren't more here also.

So tell me, what age child(ren) do you have and what parts of AP are you using. I guess I haven't heard of the book but my little buddy has slept next to me (or in my arms) since my husband walked out at age 10 months (my son age not the ex's but sometimes I wonder).

When he was born I hadn't heard of AP. All I knew was that I couldn't put him in his crib and let him cry the way other mothers did and he wanted constant physical contact. When you're exhausted (and alone) it can be terribly draining but eventually you get the hang of it and I found that I now have a very loving, hugs & kisses, content sleeping 6 yr old. He doesn't get out of bed or have some of the other sleeping issues that non-AP friends have experienced.

I would very much like to hear other AP stories and techniques because I hear nothing but negatives about the fact that my child sleeps next to me -- I do have the usual concerns that in some way it may not be healthy for a little boy to sleep next to his mom and now am at the crossroads where I need to make transitions if there are reasons to.

Great to know you're out there somewhere AmeliaBedelia
leekay is offline   Reply With Quote