Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey We've decided! SOOO EXCITING!!! - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parenting - Through The Ages¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Babes, Children & Teens > Pre-Birth Age

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 10-24-2010, 02:44 PM   #1
PDXMama Female
Learning to Surf The Board

PDXMama is a name known to allPDXMama is a name known to all
love We've decided! SOOO EXCITING!!!

So, baby and I had a pow wow last night. I have been struggling with giving the baby a name because 1)it's difficult and 2)I've been considering adoption and didn't know how to handle that. But I realized that I need to bond with this wee babe and thusly he or she needs a name. So, we had a pow wow...

I researched names online (as I have been doing for a WHILE now) and said each one I like outloud. Baby sat inside, gently kickin about, waiting for the right one. I went through a few that I liked and then I got to my favorite, "Avery". I got a SWIFT kick in the navel. Apparently is was both of our favorites.

So, Avery it is! My sweet little baby now has a wonderful name... Avery!
PDXMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 02:45 PM   #2
LSL Female
The blunt one;)

LSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support Legend
Default Re: We've decided! SOOO EXCITING!!!

So cute!!!! Avery is a wonderful name.... though I have to think of Charlette's Web when I hear it! LOL.
Old 10-24-2010, 02:58 PM   #3
Dad1st4boys Male
Failure is not an Option.

Dad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support

Avery is a nice name. I think it works for either gender.
Dad1st4boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 11:29 PM   #4
PDXMama Female
Learning to Surf The Board

PDXMama is a name known to allPDXMama is a name known to all

Thanks. I am just POSITIVE that its been his/her name all along.
PDXMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 11:34 PM   #5
momofTDR Female
Marja

momofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With SupportmomofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With SupportmomofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With SupportmomofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With SupportmomofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With SupportmomofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With SupportmomofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With SupportmomofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With SupportmomofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With SupportmomofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With SupportmomofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With Support

I do like that name! Very nice.
momofTDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 11:47 PM   #6
muskiedad Male
the one who babbles

muskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legend

It's reassuring to know the baby likes it too!
muskiedad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 11:54 PM   #7
babymama3210 Female
Lively & Zealous Parent

babymama3210 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportbabymama3210 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportbabymama3210 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportbabymama3210 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportbabymama3210 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportbabymama3210 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportbabymama3210 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportbabymama3210 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportbabymama3210 Is Rocken These Boards With Support

Beautiful name! Isn't is weird how you just "know" the right name for your child? I had the same thing with my son, even before I found out the sex I just had a tremendous gut feeling that he was a boy and kept looking at names and just kept falling back on the same one, I just couldn't get it out of my head. Now I have a little boy with that same name.

And, it is so true, once you name your unborn child, the bonding really does take off. Such an amazing journey, congrats
babymama3210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 06:28 AM   #8
Jamie's_Mum Female
English & proud

Jamie's_Mum has a reputation beyond reputeJamie's_Mum has a reputation beyond reputeJamie's_Mum has a reputation beyond reputeJamie's_Mum has a reputation beyond reputeJamie's_Mum has a reputation beyond reputeJamie's_Mum has a reputation beyond repute

Aww cute name!

I had my sons name picked out years before i even got pregnant i always knew that if i had a boy it would be jamie. I just always loved that name, id struggle picking a girls name though
Jamie's_Mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 02:55 AM   #9
gem20kbb Female
Board Blazen Parent

gem20kbb has a reputation beyond reputegem20kbb has a reputation beyond reputegem20kbb has a reputation beyond reputegem20kbb has a reputation beyond reputegem20kbb has a reputation beyond reputegem20kbb has a reputation beyond repute

Super cute name
gem20kbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 03:02 PM   #10
acraisydaisy
Parent on Board

acraisydaisy is an unknown quantity at this point

Finding baby names is definitely not easy. Avery is a great name!!
acraisydaisy is offline   Reply With Quote