Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey starting School - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parent Ville ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Single Parents Around the World

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 08-31-2010, 05:34 AM   #1
mamaadrian Female
I am New

mamaadrian is an unknown quantity at this point
Question starting School

Hey parents, ope yu n yua family are superb. Am ready tohave my biy start school, he is ready too but am scared that he will cry his head off on the first day. I don know what to do because its a must he goes. Do any of you have a therapy that i can use to make him not cry or better still cry a little. i will appreciate your advice.
mamaadrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 08:45 AM   #2
idig Female
SFV JUNKIE!!!

idig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legend
Default Re: starting School

Be positive about it with him, reassure him you will be there ready to hear all about his first day. And leave quickly, don't linger, when it's time to drop him off. If he does cry it is likely as soon as mama is out of sight he will be on to discovering the new things around him. The first day is usually much harder on the parents than the kids!
Old 08-31-2010, 11:26 AM   #3
Mommyofone Female
Lively & Zealous Parent

Mommyofone has a brilliant futureMommyofone has a brilliant futureMommyofone has a brilliant future
Default Re: starting School

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaadrian View Post
Hey parents, ope yu n yua family are superb. Am ready tohave my biy start school, he is ready too but am scared that he will cry his head off on the first day. I don know what to do because its a must he goes. Do any of you have a therapy that i can use to make him not cry or better still cry a little. i will appreciate your advice.
How old is he?

My lil man has been in daycare/school since he was 6 weeks old... and even then he did cry from time to time esp if he changed teachers... but as he got older it isnt no big thing... he doesnt know strangers and he has actually changed schools twice after the first one... My mom taught me to give him love when you drop him off if he gets upset and breaks down give him a hug and say you love him and that you will pick him up after school that mommy has to go to work and walk away... I look back on it now and i see what she was talking bout... it makes it 100 times harder to stay and try to comfort him both for you and him.... it broke my heart but its a fact of life that they have to go... just talk about it on the way the importance of school to make new friends and to learn and make your brain go... i have also seen alot of kids that will throw a fit when the parent goes to leave and as soon as the parent is out of sight they are fine.. or it might take a couple of days but this is one he wont remember later in life but they have to get use to going by themselves... just give him a hug and a kiss and say ill see you tonight and walk away.... stay strong.. he will be fine