Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey Hi Everybody - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parent Ville ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Single Parents Around the World > United Kingdom

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 09-01-2004, 06:55 PM   #1
penlost
I am New

penlost is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hi Everybody

I am new to this board and just wanted to introduce myself.

My story is a long one and I might tell it here one day but to cut a long story short my wife passed away in January and I am bringing up my 2 year old daughter and 14 year old step daughter (who I think of as a daughter).

I have been looking for single parent support forums for some time, especially ones that support single fathers as well.

I am trying to be there for my daughters and they seem to be getting through things and I hope that I have helped them along the way.

Now that I have finally picked up courage hopefully I can keep on posting as I am sure that there are many of you that can help me with advise on toddler and teenage years !!!!
penlost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 06:55 PM   #2
penlost
I am New

I am new to this board and just wanted to introduce myself.

My story is a long one and I might tell it here one day but to cut a long story short my wife passed away in January and I am bringing up my 2 year old daughter and 14 year old step daughter (who I think of as a daughter).

I have been looking for single parent support forums for some time, especially ones that support single fathers as well.

I am trying to be there for my daughters and they seem to be getting through things and I hope that I have helped them along the way.

Now that I have finally picked up courage hopefully I can keep on posting as I am sure that there are many of you that can help me with advise on toddler and teenage years !!!!
Old 09-01-2004, 09:26 PM   #3
Don Male
At A loss for Words - NOT!

Don will become famous soon enough

Hi penlost, and welcome to the site. I think you'll find a good group of people here. And yes, a fair amount of active single dad members as well. Definitely a great place for seeking advice or even kind ears to listen.
Sorry to hear about your loss. Keep up the courage.

Don
Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 11:11 PM   #4
BDad
On the Board

BDad is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi penlost.
Sorry for your loss.
I'm a new single dad here too, so welcome!
Old 09-01-2004, 11:31 PM   #5
Thinker
Lively & Zealous Parent

Thinker is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Penlost,
Sorry to hear about your loss..... that is always rough. I am sure you will find lots of advice and understanding in this forum. Welcome and (((HUGS))) to you.
Thinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 01:24 AM   #6
Gabriel's Mom
Setting New Standards

Gabriel's Mom is an unknown quantity at this point

Not to sound like a broken record. but sorry about your loss and welcome. I'm a single mom but I try not to take my anger out on men too much ;-) just playing
Gabriel's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 05:50 AM   #7
singem1
Parent on Board

singem1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Glad to have you here. Very sorry to hear about your loss. You have my deepest condolences and are in my prayers. (((((HUGS))))) You have joined a great support group. You will find lots of help and advice here.
Old 09-02-2004, 11:21 AM   #8
tekmommy
Parent on Board

tekmommy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I am fairly new here as well - welcome! I add my condolences to the group and wish you the best in raising your girls. You may want to consider joining a church. It seems to be the only offline place to find support.
tekmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 03:53 PM   #9
penlost
I am New

Many thanks for your very warm welcome

It's nice to feel as though some support is there if needed. I don't know about anybody else, but being a single parent feels very isolating at times and lonely. It's crazy because I do have family and friends around me!

Once again , many thanks.
Old 09-03-2004, 02:37 AM   #10
tekmommy
Parent on Board

tekmommy is an unknown quantity at this point

Not so crazy - I have them around me as well but none of them have small children. They seem to have forgotten what it is like. Some never knew. The worse is the ones that don't have kids but think they know. I guess it's the universe's cruel joke because I was one of those. I would take all my neices and nephews out - 7 of them - at the same time. I had no idea there was behavior reserved exclusively for parents!
tekmommy is offline   Reply With Quote