Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey Looking for some advice - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parent Ville ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Single Parents in the United States of America > Illinois

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 01-21-2004, 09:21 AM   #1
KRISTIE31
I am New

KRISTIE31 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi I am a 31 yearold single mom of a two and half year old. I am trying to start over and become a little more self sufficent and not rely so much on my family. My son's father is not in his life, in fact he signed his rights away, which is a good thing for the both of us.... I work full time and I am looking for another job so I can suport myself and my son without my family, I am a little worried of what this might do to my son, with me working and being away from him... All of my friends are married or they do not have nay kids so it is hard for them to relate... any advice
KRISTIE31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2004, 09:21 AM   #2
KRISTIE31
I am New

KRISTIE31 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi I am a 31 yearold single mom of a two and half year old. I am trying to start over and become a little more self sufficent and not rely so much on my family. My son's father is not in his life, in fact he signed his rights away, which is a good thing for the both of us.... I work full time and I am looking for another job so I can suport myself and my son without my family, I am a little worried of what this might do to my son, with me working and being away from him... All of my friends are married or they do not have nay kids so it is hard for them to relate... any advice
KRISTIE31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2004, 10:00 AM   #3
bear
Parent on Board

bear is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KRISTIE31:
[qb]Hi I am a 31 yearold single mom of a two and half year old. I am trying to start over and become a little more self sufficent and not rely so much on my family. My son's father is not in his life, in fact he signed his rights away, which is a good thing for the both of us.... I work full time and I am looking for another job so I can suport myself and my son without my family, I am a little worried of what this might do to my son, with me working and being away from him... All of my friends are married or they do not have nay kids so it is hard for them to relate... any advice[/qb] </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

hey!
my names kara and i just wanted to say hello. im only 20 but im shocked that none of your friends dont have any kids yet! i hope you find all that you are looking for and more!!! best of luck in your job search i know its hard to not get stressed when things arent unfolding the way you want them too. ill pray that you get a good job that benefits you and your son. best of luck, great health and a wonderful new year!! kara
bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 03:12 PM   #4
Jame34
Learning to Surf The Board

Jame34 is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KRISTIE31:
[qb]Hi I am a 31 yearold single mom of a two and half year old. I am trying to start over and become a little more self sufficent and not rely so much on my family. My son's father is not in his life, in fact he signed his rights away, which is a good thing for the both of us.... I work full time and I am looking for another job so I can suport myself and my son without my family, I am a little worried of what this might do to my son, with me working and being away from him... All of my friends are married or they do not have nay kids so it is hard for them to relate... any advice[/qb] </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
The only advice I can give is something that I heard on the radio. It was a Doctor that worked part time and when asked why he worked only part time, he said "I never had a dieing patient ever say they wished they spent more time at work" I know that it is hard to make ends meet but utilize assistance when ever possible. It's not a hand out if it is used to better your quality of life and it is never taken advantage of. You'll get through it. It just takes time for your turn to come around and have everything go right.
Jame34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 06:34 AM   #5
Dew
Setting New Standards

Dew is an unknown quantity at this point

this is to Jame34,

I'm sorry, I don't understand your story about the doctor. What does it mean ?
Old 03-16-2004, 08:04 AM   #6
Jame34
Learning to Surf The Board

Jame34 is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Daniela:
[qb]this is to Jame34,

I'm sorry, I don't understand your story about the doctor. What does it mean ?[/qb] </div></BLOCKQUOTE>He meant that when people are on there death beds, they wished they spent more time and energy on the more important things in life instead of money and work. As long as you can make ends meet, concentrate primarily on the time spent with your family.
Jame34 is offline   Reply With Quote