Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey illinois law question - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parent Ville ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Single Parents in the United States of America > Illinois

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 01-14-2004, 06:20 PM   #1
bear
Parent on Board

bear is an unknown quantity at this point

hey i was wondering if anyone knew the legal end better than myself if you could answer this... can you and the father write an agreement on paper and have it noterized and that how you handle it so its not all lawyers and going to court. we both know he is going to sign over his rights and all but we were just wondering if that is legal or not. we want to do the easiest way for us bcs wed like to stay calm with this whole matter. or does the court need to get us involved or us go there bcs arent they the ones representing the baby? thanks! kara
bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 08:35 PM   #2
Maywest
On the Board

Maywest is an unknown quantity at this point

Bear,
Are or have you been to court over this issue? What do you mean by he will give up his rights? Is he going to sign a (Adoption Conscent)? You can write a document up but it has to be signed in front of the notary and then he or she will notorize it. Is he wanting to give up his rights to the child?
Maywest
Maywest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 10:08 PM   #3
bear
Parent on Board

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Maywest:
[qb]Bear,
Are or have you been to court over this issue? What do you mean by he will give up his rights? Is he going to sign a (Adoption Conscent)? You can write a document up but it has to be signed in front of the notary and then he or she will notorize it. Is he wanting to give up his rights to the child?
Maywest[/qb] </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
yeah sorry to make it confussing he is going to sign his rights of his part of liam our son. he isnt going to be apart of this. so we can do an agreement and have it signed at the notary and then what? i havent been to court or anything i know i should look into it more but if you can give mesome advice taht would be great! thanks kara
Old 01-15-2004, 02:23 PM   #4
Maywest
On the Board

Bear,
What you are saying is that you are typing up a document which plainly states that he wishes to give up all his parental rights to the child? My daughters dad just gave up his rights but I had a Lawyer and we were going through the court system. I was taking him to court for childsupport. Then my Lawyer told the dad that we were never going to get anything out of him so just do us a favor and sign a Adoption Conscent which he did. Basically her dad didn't want to pay childsupport or anything else so he took the easy way out but the best thing out of all of this he can never take her away from me and she never has to deal with him in her life. Her dad has 9 kids by different women and he doesn't do anything for any of them. My daughter is 6 yrs. old to and is not as young as your child. If this is what you both agree on then I say do it.

Maywest
Old 01-15-2004, 04:56 PM   #5
bear
Parent on Board

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Maywest:
[qb]Bear,
What you are saying is that you are typing up a document which plainly states that he wishes to give up all his parental rights to the child? My daughters dad just gave up his rights but I had a Lawyer and we were going through the court system. I was taking him to court for childsupport. Then my Lawyer told the dad that we were never going to get anything out of him so just do us a favor and sign a Adoption Conscent which he did. Basically her dad didn't want to pay childsupport or anything else so he took the easy way out but the best thing out of all of this he can never take her away from me and she never has to deal with him in her life. Her dad has 9 kids by different women and he doesn't do anything for any of them. My daughter is 6 yrs. old to and is not as young as your child. If this is what you both agree on then I say do it.

Maywest[/qb] </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
maywest!
im so happy to hear that he can never touch your daughter! that must feel good to know. but im upset that he left you with no money!thanks for writing back i have a few Q's. why an adoption paper though how does that play a role in it? so if i do write a letter with my sons father and get it notarized we dont have to go through a court? we just dont want to get all this court stuff involved and lawyers. i just dont know how to go about it either. well thanks for writing and i hope your guys are doing GREAT!best of luck and health to you this new year. hope to hear from you soon. kara
Old 01-17-2004, 08:50 AM   #6
Maywest
On the Board

Bear,
It is called a Adoption Conscent which states he clearly gives up all his rights to the child. As far as you typing up a letter you both agree up on and have it signed in front of a notary is legal. And if you ever have to go into the court system later the letter would be your agreement and would stand up in court. Good luck to you and I hope everything works out.
Maywest
Old 01-17-2004, 05:57 PM   #7
bear
Parent on Board

[qb]Bear,
It is called a Adoption Conscent which states he clearly gives up all his rights to the child. As far as you typing up a letter you both agree up on and have it signed in front of a notary is legal. And if you ever have to go into the court system later the letter would be your agreement and would stand up in court. Good luck to you and I hope everything works out.
Maywest [/qb] </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

thanks maywest you have been more help then you could know! hope to talk to you again. one last thing... do you know a website that i could go to so i can read up on this illinois legal stuff for the kids and myself? thank you!!!!!
Old 01-18-2004, 09:54 AM   #8
Maywest
On the Board

Bear,
I'm glad I was able to help you out. I don't know of any specific web sites just type in different things like IL childsupport laws, IL child custody laws, ect. That is what I did. Hang in there.
Maywest
Old 01-20-2004, 12:59 AM   #9
Chicagomom1
Parent on Board

Chicagomom1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Illinoislawhelp.org

Has some good stuff on child custody and other laws. Hope this helps.

Shannon
Chicagomom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2004, 09:12 PM   #10
bear
Parent on Board

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chicagomom1:
[qb]Illinoislawhelp.org

Has some good stuff on child custody and other laws. Hope this helps.

Shannon[/qb] </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
shannon thanks so much on the sight this is a perfect place to look up information. hope we talk again!
Old 07-14-2004, 09:43 AM   #11
kellymo
I am New

kellymo is an unknown quantity at this point

omg! thank you for askin those questions im going though the same thing right now. im 5 months pregnant now and my babys father told me that he cant " afford" another baby and that wonts to give up his rights if i dont give the baby up for adoption. so thanks again for posting all of this info it helps me understand kind of on what will happen in the future.
kellymo is offline   Reply With Quote