Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey Chat, and things - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parent Ville ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Single Parents in the United States of America > Illinois

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 12-22-2009, 11:59 PM   #1
FlyingDevildog Male
Banned

FlyingDevildog has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDevildog has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDevildog has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDevildog has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDevildog has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDevildog has a reputation beyond repute
hi2 Chat, and things

OK I would like to meet some of the wonderful people here that are near my neck of the woods.
I'm near Chicago. just looking for some friends to talk with.

anyone?

Dawg
FlyingDevildog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 06:16 PM   #2
Bluemoon Female
just an old hippie chick

Bluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support Legend
Default Re: Chat, and things

I can be of no help, but I sure can relate to the desire. No-one lives near here! Good luck.

To disagree, one doesn't have to be disagreeable. ~Barry M. Goldwater and Jack Casserly, Goldwater

Life is all about how you handle Plan B. ~ off a Blue Mountain Arts calendar
Bluemoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 10:19 PM   #3
Charlie
Learning to Surf The Board

Charlie is an unknown quantity at this point

I have never been to Chicago and have always wanted to visit. It was my father's favorite city in the world besides the one I live in, which I cannot name because I am by nature a little paranoid and the reason my username used to be Charlienola and is no longer that. LOL. Good luck in finding someone near you. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays.
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 10:28 PM   #4
FlyingDevildog Male
Banned

FlyingDevildog has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDevildog has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDevildog has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDevildog has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDevildog has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDevildog has a reputation beyond repute

Well I hope everyone had a good Christmas and New Year.

I'm really a nice dog, really I am

Dawg
Old 01-03-2010, 10:31 PM   #5
Alejandra
Setting New Standards

Alejandra has a brilliant futureAlejandra has a brilliant futureAlejandra has a brilliant futureAlejandra has a brilliant futureAlejandra has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingDevildog View Post
OK I would like to meet some of the wonderful people here that are near my neck of the woods.
I'm near Chicago. just looking for some friends to talk with.

anyone?

Dawg
Sorry...not in your neck of the woods - but if you ever make it down to bmore/dc please say hello!
Alejandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 10:45 PM   #6
FlyingDevildog Male
Banned

hahaha
I was in Baltimore when the Ex left me.
I was in school for work then.
Don't know if I will ever get back there, but I did have fun when I was there.
I went to the ( new then) Marine Corp museum. what a place. nice.

but if I am ever get a chance to be back in your neck of the woods, I'l let you know.

Dawg
Old 01-03-2010, 10:57 PM   #7
Alejandra
Setting New Standards

Alejandra has a brilliant futureAlejandra has a brilliant futureAlejandra has a brilliant futureAlejandra has a brilliant futureAlejandra has a brilliant future

Quote:
I was in school for work then.
In the city? Were you working on a degree or was it training for your job. Just curious (or nosy...)

p.s. never heard of the marine corp museum - is it worth a day trip?
Alejandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 11:01 PM   #8
FlyingDevildog Male
Banned

Training for new equipment, made by Northrup/Gruman.
was there for 4 weeks
Ex left after I was there the first week.
Oh well life goes on. her lose
If you ever get to Chicago let me know too
Old 01-04-2010, 10:08 AM   #9
confused1996 Female
Board Beacon Parent

confused1996 has a brilliant futureconfused1996 has a brilliant futureconfused1996 has a brilliant future

Nope no where near. There doesnt seem to be anyone near my area.
confused1996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 11:34 PM   #10
Dad1st4boys Male
Failure is not an Option.

Dad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support

No one close to me either. Just corn, wheat fields and cattle
Dad1st4boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 10:19 PM   #11
LSL Female
The blunt one;)

LSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support Legend

Always wanted to visit Chicago. Great city. Maybe someday as it is on my list of cities in the US to visit. Almost spent 6 weeks there 2 summers ago for a summer legal street program but decided I could not leave me A for that long because of issues going on during that time.
Old 01-05-2010, 11:08 PM   #12
FlyingDevildog Male
Banned

Chicago is a nice place to visit.
I just hate living so close to it.
I hate ILL too. To big brother for me.

Dawg
Old 01-06-2010, 01:48 AM   #13
alexmichele07 Female
Sparkles & Glitter

alexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Support

I too have always wanted to visit Chicago. (LSL I wonder if we might have been separated at birth... )

I'm in Nebraska... not much different than Dad's Kansas, except I'm in a big city. But there's alot of country outside the city.
alexmichele07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 08:17 AM   #14
idig Female
SFV JUNKIE!!!

idig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legend

Love your location, AM!
Old 01-06-2010, 03:25 PM   #15
Bluemoon Female
just an old hippie chick

Bluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support Legend

Quote:
tell me your not stump breaking those cows

Dawg
OK, well I'm hip to cow tipping, but I really want to know (I think) wth this means. Can it be worse than what I imagine?

Should clarify, they used to use a stump or pole to "break" horses, for leverage...

To disagree, one doesn't have to be disagreeable. ~Barry M. Goldwater and Jack Casserly, Goldwater

Life is all about how you handle Plan B. ~ off a Blue Mountain Arts calendar
Old 01-06-2010, 09:46 PM   #16
Borealis Male
Board Blazen Parent

Borealis is on a distinguished road

Wow my vocabulary is gowing today, parentify and stump break. Thanks idig from another post for urban dictionary, I think. Anyway for you brave souls that are curious about its meaning as I was, be careful what you wish for. I now have some new emotional scar tissue.
Old 01-06-2010, 09:48 PM   #17
idig Female
SFV JUNKIE!!!

idig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legend

I will take your word for it Borealis! Thanks for the warning!
Old 01-06-2010, 09:51 PM   #18
sara1 Female
Setting New Standards

sara1 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelsara1 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelsara1 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelsara1 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelsara1 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelsara1 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelsara1 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelsara1 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelsara1 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelsara1 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelsara1 Has Heart and Soul of an Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borealis View Post
Wow my vocabulary is gowing today, parentify and stump break. Thanks idig from another post for urban dictionary, I think. Anyway for you brave souls that are curious about its meaning as I was, be careful what you wish for. I now have some new emotional scar tissue.
I was going to ask but have thought better of it!
Old 01-07-2010, 10:34 PM   #19
slcs77
I am New

slcs77 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Everyone;

I have been reading all of your posts for a couple of weeks and decide you are the support that I need.

Dawg-I am in the Western Chicago suburbs, so there are others out there dealing with being a single parent.
slcs77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 12:21 AM   #20
MotherBoard Female
Making The Magic Happen
Mother Of The Board

MotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by slcs77 View Post
Hi Everyone;

I have been reading all of your posts for a couple of weeks and decide you are the support that I need.

Dawg-I am in the Western Chicago suburbs, so there are others out there dealing with being a single parent.
Welcome and I agree this is the place to be
https://www.facebook.com/soloParent
MotherBoard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 01:14 AM   #21
Dad1st4boys Male
Failure is not an Option.

Dad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support

Quote:
Hi Everyone;

Dawg's up north, I'm in western KS.

As for "stump broke" All I'll say is it is considered animal cruelty among other charges. We will arrest for it here. Other than that that you do not want to know.
Dad1st4boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 08:19 PM   #22
FlyingDevildog Male
Banned

Quote:
Hi Everyone;

Welcome slcs77

I'm north of Chicago, in lake county.

So did you get any snow?
we got about 8 in. here

Dawg
Old 01-18-2010, 08:17 AM   #23
cswitzer126
Board Member

cswitzer126 is an unknown quantity at this point

Dawg I used to live in Lake Country some six years ago. I moved 400 miles south. So much quieter where I am now. I love living in the country. I couldn't leave the state of Illinois thanks to the ex. I must say though I really don't miss the rat race up there.
cswitzer126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 10:24 PM   #24
Kendall's Mom
I am New

Kendall's Mom is an unknown quantity at this point

I live extremely close to Chicago. I would like to move to a nice suburban are to raise my young son. I would like to meet other parents that enjoy doing things with their kids.
Kendall's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 11:30 AM   #25
lyndz7 Female
Setting New Standards

lyndz7 has a reputation beyond reputelyndz7 has a reputation beyond reputelyndz7 has a reputation beyond reputelyndz7 has a reputation beyond reputelyndz7 has a reputation beyond reputelyndz7 has a reputation beyond repute

How did i miss this one???

I'm North Central IL AKA the boonies with lots of farms land BUT right in the middle of two interstates
Old 02-04-2010, 07:12 PM   #26
FlyingDevildog Male
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyndz7 View Post
How did i miss this one???

I'm North Central IL AKA the boonies with lots of farms land BUT right in the middle of two interstates
Oh how I want to say something but............ I wont.

Well Ladys and guys (if there are any) let plan something this spring. I'm open to go just about anywhere, say within about 150 miles or 3 hours.

just let me know.
I'll even clean up and comb my fur.

Dawg
Old 02-04-2010, 10:09 PM   #27
rhiansmoma Female
On the Board

rhiansmoma is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry Dawg...I am in LA.
rhiansmoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 10:43 AM   #28
lyndz7 Female
Setting New Standards

lyndz7 has a reputation beyond reputelyndz7 has a reputation beyond reputelyndz7 has a reputation beyond reputelyndz7 has a reputation beyond reputelyndz7 has a reputation beyond reputelyndz7 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure i've heard it all Lol,
Old 02-08-2010, 03:24 PM   #29
FlyingDevildog Male
Banned

Quote:
I'm sure i've heard it all Lol,
that may be, but....
I would still like to be welcomed here and if I said what I was thinking well....
I would be chained up in the dog house with no one to play with.

now if someone whated to be chained up with me, now thats something differate.

Dawg
Old 02-08-2010, 03:31 PM   #30
lyndz7 Female
Setting New Standards

hmmmmm......i didn't think i said anything that could of been taken the wrong way......I do tend not to get jokes though....sooooooo.......
Old 02-08-2010, 03:40 PM   #31
FlyingDevildog Male
Banned

Quote:
hmmmmm......i didn't think i said anything that could of been taken the wrong way......I do tend not to get jokes though....sooooooo.......
something about farms and in between. and me and my dirty mind just ran wild.

Dawg
Old 02-08-2010, 04:10 PM   #32
lyndz7 Female
Setting New Standards

go figure........typical male to take something soooo innocent...lmao!
Old 02-08-2010, 04:34 PM   #33
Bluemoon Female
just an old hippie chick

Quote:
go figure........typical male to take something soooo innocent...lmao!
I haven't got a clue, either. But usually when Dawg says something "dirty" that I don't get I find it best to leave well enough alone...
Old 02-10-2010, 04:43 PM   #34
FlyingDevildog Male
Banned

Hey I had a ruff puppyhood.