Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey Happy Valentines to all SFV members!!! - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Tips, Tricks & Ideas ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> ThroughOut The Year > Febuary

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 02-14-2006, 06:00 AM   #1
singlemom2two
Board Member

singlemom2two is an unknown quantity at this point

I just wanted to wish everyone a Happy Valentines Day, and I hope you all have a wonderful one.

I know like myself there are some out there with no significant other, just remember that is not what Valentines is all about it is showing all that you love(family and friends)that you care for them. So enjoy it!!
singlemom2two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 06:06 AM   #2
pookerpics
Board Blazen Parent

pookerpics is an unknown quantity at this point

Happy Valentines Day to everyone! Singlemom, you just reminded me. I'm sitting here at the computer not even realizing what day it is! I have to go get my daughter's present out of the car and make out a couple cards. Hope everyone enjoys their day, whether it be with their significant other, or their children.
pookerpics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 08:21 AM   #3
Re-Mom Female
Mainiac

Re-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support

I have to get something for my daughter's! Happy Happy All!
Re-Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 08:28 AM   #4
Kerry821
Board Member

Kerry821 is an unknown quantity at this point

HAPPY VALENTINES TO EVERYONE.Thanks for reminding me Sue i'm a slacker and forgot to pick something up for my daughter too.
Kerry821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 09:19 AM   #5
Melissa Jo
Setting New Standards

Melissa Jo is an unknown quantity at this point

Happy Valentine's Day to all of our Sweethearts!!

Significant other or not, Val Day is a wonderful chance to show your love to children, friends, and family! I hope you all enjoy!!

I gave my children and nieces a small Val Box filled with candy. Inexpensive gift and they loved it! At work, I placed doilies and chocolate kisses on co-workers desks. It's important to me that everyone feels good on Valentine's day no matter what the circumstances.

May you all have a sweet and happy day!!

Melissa Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 09:20 AM   #6
Amanda79
Board Blazen Parent

Amanda79 is an unknown quantity at this point

MJ send me some kisses my way ! I need to chocolate !
Amanda79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 09:22 AM   #7
Don Male
At A loss for Words - NOT!

Don will become famous soon enough

Happy Valentine's Day :balloons:
Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 09:31 AM   #8
Melissa Jo
Setting New Standards

Melissa Jo is an unknown quantity at this point

Amanda - Only kinda kiss I can send:

()

Sending kisses your way!

Have a good one!
Melissa Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 10:14 AM   #9
Amanda79
Board Blazen Parent

MUUUUHHHHHHH! !
Back at ya MJ !
Old 02-14-2006, 12:12 PM   #10
Learning Always
Board Beacon Parent

Learning Always is an unknown quantity at this point

Happy Valentines Day and I love you all.
Learning Always is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 12:26 PM   #11
whiteswan
Board Member

whiteswan is an unknown quantity at this point

Happy Valentine's Day to all!!! Treat your kids and yourself with kindness , love, and peace today -- you all deserve it! I had a pleasant surprise today. My Mom is still in hospital and when I phoned her on the way to work this morning she asked me if I got anything for my son from her for Valentines. I said "No, I got him something from me." She said "Well you know I like to give him something too so go to my bank and get out $100.00 and get him some stuff he wants and a few things he needs." I said "Are you sure $100.00!? That's a lot for Valentines!" (She usually goes between 10-15 for that day). She said"Listen, he's been upset with me in here and I want him to have a good day so just do what I told you!" I was not about to argue so I said ok and thanked her. SO, on my way home (I have a short day at work today) I went to her bank, got the money, went to Walmart and got him a gameboy advance game (good deal as it was only $18.99), got him a pair of Levi jeans and a twin bear set that makes the kissing noise and says"Give me a kiss" when you put their noses together. Still had $50.00 left so went to Sears and they had a great sale so got him 4 shirts ( 2 sweatshirts and 2 t-shirts, some socks and underwear as it seems like he always needs those). The sales were great at Sears as some shirts were regularly $19.99 marked down to $5.99! I called my Mom at the hospital and told her all I got him for the $100.00 and she was very happy. Funny but she has refused to get out of bed for the past 5 days and about 15 min after I got off the phone with her the nurse called me and said "Whatever you said to your Mom worked!" I was confused so said "What? I only told her what I got my son for Valentines from her. What are you talking about?" She laughed and said "Well she told me with a big smile on her face that she was ready to get up and walk to the chair so I knew she was on the phone with you before that and I thought you talked her into it." I said"Maybe it's because she got a lot for him for a $100 ." She said "Or he's the biggest and best reason she has to get well and get home! She talks about him all the time and keeps saying that no matter how lousy she has felt and felt like cashing it in at times that she hangs on for him. He keeps her going and gives her the will to get better." I almost cried! She does love her grandson and he loves her too. I think he'll be thrilled to see all she got for him today when he comes home later from school/daycare.(I let him go to daycare after school even when I have a short work day as he wants to stay and play with his buddies , especially today as they are having a Valentines party in there.) Anyway, see all the love our children bring not only to us but to others as well?! Treasure them and give them lots of love today (and every day).
whiteswan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 12:33 PM   #12
Amanda79
Board Blazen Parent

Thanks for that story ! How sweet ! !

And EVERYONE enjoy their day !
I hope that your Mom gets to feeling better too !
Old 02-14-2006, 04:43 PM   #13
SPIRIT28
Active Board Parent

SPIRIT28 is an unknown quantity at this point

Valentines day is for my two kids. I got Shane some yugoi crads and Mariah a baby toy..even thou she is so little and does not understand.

HAPPY VALENTINES TO EVERYONE!!!

SPIRIT
SPIRIT28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 06:49 PM   #14
mr. ryan
Parent on Board

mr. ryan is an unknown quantity at this point

Happy Valentine's everyone.
I spent the day with my girlfriend and daughter..I bought my girlfriend red roses (and I bought Amaya a pink rose) and we went out to dinner. *happy sigh*
Hope everyone had a great day.
mr. ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 08:03 PM   #15
Learning Always
Board Beacon Parent

Learning Always is an unknown quantity at this point

Awesome Mr.Ryan glad to here you ,Amaya and Hallie are doing greaT.
Learning Always is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 05:07 PM   #16
christine35
I am New

christine35 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you, and to you a Happy Valentines Day.
My son and I went out for dinner.The waitress gave me a white rose, I must have looked like I needed one, or something. Ofcourse we had some dessert too, chocolate cake....still some leftovers, anyone for cake?
christine35 is offline   Reply With Quote