Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey Can someone Answer this - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parent Ville ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Single Parents Around the World > United Kingdom

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 11-22-2003, 01:54 PM   #1
Me
I am New

Me is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

As you know from my previous post, my ex partner has stopped me seeing my son, i'm in the process of taking her to court, what i was wondering is, what happens if she up & leaves? this is really bugging me coz she weren't even going to tell me that she stopped me seeing him i had to ask her.

Anyone know any info apreciated.
Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2003, 08:19 AM   #2
L
Visitor

Hi Me
Things are tough on you being. female i think that maybe she is doing this just to get back at you..If she up and left surely she would understand that it would hurt the child more then anyone i wanted to really hurt my ex when we split but i came to realise its at his best interest that things were sorted fairly and we acted like responsible adults for our childs sake all done through the courts of course.. now we get on just fine and our son has a great time Maybe ye should have a good talk if possible about the whole situation maybe come to some arangement for the child..The worst thing about us adults is that we use or kids against each other and dont realise what it is doing to the child..The court is the logically way to go through things any way.It will work out in the end for the best.. Take care and i wish you the best of luck..
Old 12-01-2003, 08:01 AM   #3
Me
I am New

Me is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the reply L,

Well more's happened since my last post, as i said she stopped me seeing my son, but her new B/F brought round a injunction letter for me from the courts and she accusing me of DV agains her and my son, we're in court in just over a weeks time to get this injunction sorted, but now i've got the allegations of DV hanging over my head i'll be lucky to get supervised access.
Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2004, 06:09 PM   #4
waltzerman
I am New

waltzerman is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by Me:
[qb]Hi all,

As you know from my previous post, my ex partner has stopped me seeing my son, i'm in the process of taking her to court, what i was wondering is, what happens if she up & leaves? this is really bugging me coz she weren't even going to tell me that she stopped me seeing him i had to ask her.

Anyone know any info apreciated.[/qb]
Well a lot depends on weather you are married if you are not then you need to go to the local CAB and get a parental resposibillity form. Both parents sign the form which is witnessed by a court official. This is the first step, this is easy if you get on ok with the childrens mother. You can also apply for visiting and regular acess to the children, maybe social services can help you, the first true step though would be some form of contact with your ex partner, in a way that suits you both.
Try talking without the usual rows and name calling that seems go with the territory.
waltzerman is offline   Reply With Quote