Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey hello - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parent Ville ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Single Parents Around the World > United Kingdom

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 11-07-2004, 05:11 AM   #1
helen37
I am New

helen37 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi my name is helen and i am new to the site.i am 20wks pregnant and been left by my partner.i 41 and he 35.last night found out he started seeing 18 yr old girl.am distraught this morning.god, i thought things were bad before but now dont know how to cope with that one.feel quite numb at mo but scared when real feelings kick in. also worried what all this is doing to baby.
helen37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004, 05:11 AM   #2
helen37
I am New

helen37 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi my name is helen and i am new to the site.i am 20wks pregnant and been left by my partner.i 41 and he 35.last night found out he started seeing 18 yr old girl.am distraught this morning.god, i thought things were bad before but now dont know how to cope with that one.feel quite numb at mo but scared when real feelings kick in. also worried what all this is doing to baby.
helen37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004, 10:06 AM   #3
kmhdad
On the Board

kmhdad is an unknown quantity at this point

hi helen

wow sorry to hear about the terrible news. but one thing i learned so far is i dont dwell on the negivite stuff to long cause if i do, my mind starts to wonder and soon i really feel down and mad. and another reason for you is your baby, i dont think the stress will be good for your baby, cant be. the way i would see it,,, his lost. he is 41 and she is 18. geezze they couldn't even drink together here.
kmhdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004, 10:40 AM   #4
jaydsdad
Setting New Standards

jaydsdad is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Helen,
I welcome you again. I assume you got my PM because you're in the right place now. If you haven't noticed yet there is a whole room dedicated to the folks from the U.K. so you can find some friends right close to you too.
About your partner. His new "friend" may be excited right now about winning an older man but that won't last long. Teen-agers change their minds like the weather. Then he'll be out in the cold.
No, your stress probably isn't good for your baby. You can vent with us anytime. Venting is healthy.
Good luck and keep in touch. We're here for each other.
Old 11-09-2004, 07:25 AM   #5
Raina
I am New

Raina is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
I'm Raina.
I am rather in a horrible situation right now, and I don't kow what to do. I was in an abusive relationship for 10 years my partner was having affairs he sleptwith my best friend and got her pregnant i hadn't a clue it was happening under my own roof. I left him after years of abuse mental, physical and now i'm worn out from the past 5 years of grief, anger and my hair is continually falling out. I can't understand the anger i have and the fact that im left with so much responsibility. I have no friends and my ex has a great laugh at that one the other week he says to me sure what friends have you. When I left him he told me i would never find anyone else to take me or the kids on. He often says to me so where are you now. As if to say your lifes still ____. I dont have a social life although i've tried everything to find and make friends so I might have a half decent life. from what i remember the only time i went out was when I was with him i know i shoudn't say this but my circumstances are worse now. I have such responsibility. My eldest kid is hyperactve he's disruptive in school and i'm taking him to see a therapist. I never get a break and the pressure of having no support or noone to turn to when i come home is so difficult. someone who could take over. Why arent' things getting any better for me because my ex is having the last laugh with his new home, new girlfriend and to look at me, i'm worn, out tired, exhauseted and can't understand why god has let this hapen and him get away with all the damage and hurt he has caused and me to have to pick up all the pieces.
Raina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 06:55 PM   #6
Don Male
At A loss for Words - NOT!

Don will become famous soon enough

Hi Raina,
Sometimes life is so hard to figure out I know. What is fair and just, and what isn't. Sometimes our rewards for sticking it out through the tough times aren't always apparent but I really do believe that they do come. It's not always as soon as we think they should or hope for, but they do seem to have a way of happening.
Hang in there and keep doing what you are, for you and your kids. There are lots of good people here that you can reach out to for support, advice, or just to talk.
Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004, 12:20 PM   #7
WEASLESLAYER
I am New

WEASLESLAYER is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by helen37:
[qb] hi my name is helen and i am new to the site.i am 20wks pregnant and been left by my partner.i 41 and he 35.last night found out he started seeing 18 yr old girl.am distraught this morning.god, i thought things were bad before but now dont know how to cope with that one.feel quite numb at mo but scared when real feelings kick in. also worried what all this is doing to baby. [/qb] </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
WEASLESLAYER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004, 12:26 PM   #8
WEASLESLAYER
I am New

WEASLESLAYER is an unknown quantity at this point

HI RAINA,
IM SORRY BUT YOU ARE HAVING THE LAST LAUGH IN THE LONGTERM. WHAT DOES HE REALLY HAVE IN HIS LIFE THAT IS SO WORTHWHILE. MY HUSBAND LEFT TWO WEEKS AGO AND I FEEL PITY FOR HIM. HE IS GOING TO MISS XMAS MORNING WITH KIDS AND ALL THE BEAUTIFUL THINGS FAMILY LIFE HAS TO OFFER. IT IS HARD WORK I KNOW. WE BOTH NEED TO WORK ON GETTING SOME IDENTITY AND SELF ESTEEM BACK. I`M SORRY THERES NO ONE TO GIVE YOU A HELP BUT IT WILL GET BETTER. ITS SMALL STEPS BUT WE WILL ALL GET THERE. TALKING IS THE FIRST STEP!! TAKE CARE

LOVE WEASELSLAYER XX
WEASLESLAYER is offline   Reply With Quote