Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey Eastern Illinois - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parent Ville ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Single Parents in the United States of America > Illinois

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 01-10-2007, 08:50 PM   #1
Trey's Daddy
Lively & Zealous Parent

Trey's Daddy is a jewel in the rough

Hi there, my name is Joe, and I am new to the group. I have a 20 month old son, and I am looking for people to hang out with or just talk to in my area. My son needs a play date. As of right now, I really have no support around here, so I am hoping to find someone relativly close to trade stories with and find out where to go for socialization with my son.
"to be nobody-but-myself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make me everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight, and never stop fighting..." --e.e. cummings
Trey's Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 09:02 PM   #2
traci-mom of 1
I am New

traci-mom of 1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Joe!
My name is Traci and I'm from East Moline, Illinois. If you don't know where that is, it's in NorthWestern part of Illinois almost in Iowa. It is included with a group of Cities called the "Quad Cities" and the Mississippi is right between us seperating the cities apart. Kind of weird, huh?
Unfortunately I don't live really close to Charleston but at least I'm in the same State. At least through this web-site you can meet some neat people who may eventually even become close friends. We don't have to live real close together to give each other support but unfortunately I don't think I can help your son out with his playmate. I have a 6yr old daughter who would also probably like to have someone close to play with. Keep posting and I'm sure you can meet many people. Keep in Touch!
traci-mom of 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 09:17 PM   #3
Trey's Daddy
Lively & Zealous Parent

HAHAHA Yeah I know where that is. I lived in Macomb for about 5 years. I have been to the Quad Citites many times, and I used to hang out with people from Keokuk, Iowa. Small world. Nice to meet you.
"to be nobody-but-myself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make me everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight, and never stop fighting..." --e.e. cummings
Old 02-01-2007, 05:42 AM   #4
havepeace
I am New

havepeace is an unknown quantity at this point

hi trey's daddy i have post a message to you , reply to u about u and your wife and kids , wish i have sopke to one on my lawyer friend on line, have u received it??? i think i post at the message which u said abt ...... HAVE U EVER HEARD......... SOMETHING LIKE THAT, WISH YOU ALL THE BEST.
havepeace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 06:12 PM   #5
Trey's Daddy
Lively & Zealous Parent

havepeace yes, I saw the post that you made, and I thank you for talking to your friend and giving me his advice. After reading it, I see what he was refering to about being too big of a sissy. Instead of focusing on the bad that is going on in my life, and trying to solely get custody of my son due to the negative actions that his mother is taking, I have decided that I am going to start focusing on the positives that Trey and I have. We play together all day long, he helps me cook, pick up the house, do the dishes (this is the cutest thing ever....he repeatedly washes the same cup over and over and then takes a drink and says yummmm....dirty, and washes it again), we play with the dogs, he has a huge backyard to play in that is totally fenced in, I live in a remote neighborhood with lots of kids, and the list goes on and on and on.

Thank you again for talking to your friend and relaying his advice to me. It is greatly appreciated.