Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parent Fathers ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Teen Fathers

Old 01-12-2004, 05:43 PM   #1
ProblematicOne
Learning to Surf The Board

ProblematicOne is an unknown quantity at this point

It's kinda weird how there's no posts here...anyway, I just turned 17 and I have a baby daughter, Amaya Jade. A month after Amaya was born, her mom decided that she didn't want a baby after all. So I've been a single dad for almost all of Amaya's life. Right now my parents can't stand to look at me, I've dropped out of school to take care of my daughter and balance three jobs around, and on top of that my parents kick me out every couple of months. If it hadn't been for Amaya, I'd probably be dead or living out of my car or something...I'd really like to see more teen dads here, but I guess I can't force them to show up, so whatever. If anybody wants to talk, just let me know.
ProblematicOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 08:44 PM   #2
Ariesmom3
Parent on Board

Ariesmom3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey single mom of 3 here and I"m now 26 but when I was seventeen I was married pregnant and had a 16mnth old we were head forward about having a family well my husband was going through boot camp and when we reunited with 2 kids instead of one he went over boared to. he said he didn't want the responsiblity any more bla bla bla so married and divorced with 2kids at 18 and I tell you what its hard but you will form a bond with your daughter that is so super. You kinda grow up together. ya know. But a little advice after I got my feet on the ground and my head quite spinning I went back got my GED and then took almost 3yrs of college it took me that long to get associtates (w/2kids and job) but it was worth it. stay focused for you and your daughter and good luck... YOur doing awesome and whats right. Karma -God-whatever will be looking out for you...
Ariesmom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2004, 02:07 PM   #3
Jakesmommy
Parent on Board

Jakesmommy is an unknown quantity at this point

WOW!!!! Good for you, I'm standing up and clapping for you! Taking that kind of responsibility at 17 is awesome-your parents don't know what they're missing. How old is Amaya now? That is a beautiful name and most likely for a beautiful daddy's girl! Why don't you come up top to open discussions, and such, and join in, there aren't many single dads on the site and we'd love to have you! GOOD LUCK!!!!!
Jakesmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2004, 04:59 PM   #4
ProblematicOne

ProblematicOne is an unknown quantity at this point

Amaya's just about sixteen months (I was surprised doing the math right now, they grow up so fast), and thanks for all your support.
I think my parents do know what they're missing, they just don't care what they're missing.
Anyone who wants to just talk, let me know.
ProblematicOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 02:31 PM   #5
adormer221
I am New

adormer221 is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow you sound like a wonderful mature dude-- the world needs more men like you!! Your daughter is very lucky to have you and for her mother screw her she sucks --- Im glad your in your daughters life!!!!!

ash
adormer221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 03:13 PM   #6
mark uk
Board Blazen Parent

mark uk is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi and welcome.
May I say, if you can handle that much responsibilty at your age and enjoy it.Even though you have made sacrificies for your love of your daughter. WELL DONE!!!!!
Education can wait until she is a little older,but I take my hat off to you if you are prepared to hold down 3 jobs to provide for her.

If you need any help ask around or you can PM me I have 3 girls 2,4 and 6

With regards,

Mark
mark uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 05:49 PM   #7
bear
Parent on Board

bear is an unknown quantity at this point

im breathless...you are only 17 years old! bless your perfect soul!!! your daughter is going to thank you one day. please feel free to write in any column!!! how are you doing it? i hope you are able to get some rest thats very important!!!! i will keep you in my prayers! im really sorry that your parents are treating you like this. in the end they lose. remember "all things do pass" bless your heart.
kara
bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2004, 10:06 PM   #8
jessica1514

jessica1514 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi any single teen fathers out there my name is jessica i am 15 i have a 15 mt old son he means every thing to me.other guys that i have been with do not understand
jessica1514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 04:46 PM   #9
ConceteAngel

ConceteAngel is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow. It isn't often that we single fathers, let alone young single fathers. I am a single mom of twins, one boy one girl. They are two years (25 months). I am now 16, almost seventeen. If you want someone to talk to, or to brag to, or to complain to, or jsut whatever, I am here.

Please keep m e updated. Thanks.
ConceteAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 02:26 AM   #10
baby girl 17
Getting My Feet (Board) Wet

baby girl 17 is an unknown quantity at this point

u sound like a great daddy and i dont even know u and i have a huge amount of respect for u..im 17 single 3 months pregnent and very scared..the father has walked out on me and if u need to chat about anything i dont care what thanks for being a real man and excepting the fact u made a mistake but your only human..bye bye
baby girl 17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 09:58 AM   #11
Don
At A loss for Words - NOT!

Don will become famous soon enough

Just a word of caution ladies. It's generally considered safest not to post your email address onto the open forum. You might want to consider editing it from your post, and make contact through private message system. Members are notified by email when they receive a PM.

Don
Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 09:31 PM   #12
Grammy36
Parent on Board

Grammy36 is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations, I wish you had more family support. Does your school have a student parenting program? My son (16) has a 14 month old, beautiful daughter. She goes to daycare while he is in school. This program is through the Texas workforce Commission. It pays 100% of the daycare expenses. Also, WIC and other Social Service programs should be available to you. You HAVE to get an education. It is good to see another teen father taking responsibility and JOY in their daughters. My son skipped a year and is graduating in May. Then college. Try to find out about local colleges or talk to your school counselor. There is so much available to make your life better. Good Luck
Grammy36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 02:33 PM   #13
Lux

Lux is an unknown quantity at this point

Hats off to you man! I wish that the father of my baby could be so caring. I am 16 and I have an 18 month old baby boy. Your daughter is lucky to have you.
Lux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2004, 08:20 PM   #14
J3pt44
Parent on Board

J3pt44 is an unknown quantity at this point

Your daughter is very lucky to have you as you are to have her. I think your parents will come around eventually, they know what they are missing and they come across as if they do not care but they do, honey. They really do care, they just do not know how to handle seeing their son "throw his life away" as so many people would say to a teenager with a child. For the young ladies and men who have children at such young young ages, you know how hard it is. But you may not know how important your education is. You will not be successful in life if you do not have an education, please your children will be better off in the long run if you get a degree. I am pregnant and decided to go back to school for a Master's degree because I knew if I want to advance in the field of Social Work a master's degree is critical to providing a better life for my daughter. I know it will be hard to work, raise my daughter and go to school but I can only think that she will be better off when I can provide more for her in the next 21 years of her life and forever. Get a degree young parents, a degree of any kind that will give you the financial background to stand on your own to feet and make sure there is enough food on the table and good child care for your kids.
J3pt44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 02:02 PM   #15
babygirl 13
Getting My Feet (Board) Wet

babygirl 13 is an unknown quantity at this point

I think you did the right thing i wish there was more guys like you out there. I'm 15 and four moths pregnant. my baby's dad is 18 and my baby will be his 3rd I'm th eonly one that he has staye with throuhg my pregnacy so far n-e-ways. I hope everything goes good for you if ypu want to chat I'm here.
babygirl 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 05:32 PM   #16
mommy2jaydian
I am New

mommy2jaydian is an unknown quantity at this point

do you have messenger daddy?
mommy2jaydian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2004, 01:17 PM   #17
Single mom with hope
I am New

Single mom with hope is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow, I got to say you are truley a great dad. Being as young as you are, not many are as responsible as you! Give yourself a pat on the back.I pray for the best; for you and your litte daughter. If you ever need to talk I'm here for you!!

Jessica
Single mom with hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 01:43 PM   #18
shayne
I am New

shayne is an unknown quantity at this point

im doing a speech on teen fathers if u can help me, post it here
shayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 02:51 PM   #19
Don
At A loss for Words - NOT!

Don will become famous soon enough

Shayne, welcome to the site.

You will probably get more responses by starting a new topic asking for help. Since it's specific to teen fathers you can post one here. Eventually it'll be moved to Single Parents Writers forum.
Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 01:39 PM   #20
Grammy36
Parent on Board

Grammy36 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Shayne, ask away. Anything I can't help you woth my son can.
Grammy36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 08:22 PM   #21
mommy2be91
I am New

mommy2be91 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Teen (Single) Dad

you really are an amazing guy! most guys at seventeen cant commit to one girl let alone raise a child. the world really does need more guys like you!

being an expecting mother im going to hold my opinion on a mother that would throw her child aside especially having such a wonderful man to back her up.

your daughter will be grateful for you one day and you really cant break the bond between parent and child.
mommy2be91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 04:27 AM   #22
Marielle
Board Beacon Parent

Marielle is an unknown quantity at this point

Pity he never came back.....do you think it's a troll?

5 - 6 years ago that message.
Marielle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 10:30 AM   #23
SimplyMade
I am New

SimplyMade is an unknown quantity at this point

I truly admire you for what you have done!! Other 17 year Olds probably would have dropped their kids off at the grandparents and just leave. I am a single mother of two children. Me and their father have came to an agreement that we would take one girl. I have a 2 month old living with me right now. And he has our other daughter and she's 3.
SimplyMade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 07:49 AM   #24
johnkimmer
Banned For Spam

johnkimmer is an unknown quantity at this point

are you troll ??
johnkimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 02:11 PM   #25
Tragic Hero
Banned For Spam

Tragic Hero is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Everyone,

This has been a very useful thread. I have found this site to be an excellent and helpful resource for me in the past. they also have a forum for people to share advice and support and have merged with the mental health charity called mind.
Tragic Hero is offline   Reply With Quote