Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey I just love, love, love Alicia Keys! - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parent Mothers ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> 20 Something Single Moms

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 11-05-2009, 11:56 AM   #1
Blossomed
Board Blazen Parent

Blossomed is a glorious beacon of lightBlossomed is a glorious beacon of light
Default I just love, love, love Alicia Keys!

I wish this single had been out just after my break-up but for those in pain and hurting over the one that left here you go. Listen to it. I really like it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1baQ...eature=related
Blossomed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 12:05 PM   #2
SandSMom28 Female
Lively & Zealous Parent

SandSMom28 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I just love, love, love Alicia Keys!

YESSSSS Ma'am! Alicia is definitely doin' it on this number, LOVE IT! I have always loved her since her Songs in A Minor album, its one of the few albums you can play straight through. This song is so me right now. Thanx for posting...added to my YouTube favs.
SandSMom28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 12:07 PM   #3
Billabong
Board Blazen Parent

Billabong is a glorious beacon of lightBillabong is a glorious beacon of light

What I don't understand about Alicia is she makes great woman scorned music, but she herself had an affair with a married man behind his pregnant wife's back and is currently in a relationship with him while the wife is left to be a single mother.

Sure it's his fault too, but Alicia played a part. IF she knows what all the hurt is like why would she do something like that?
Old 11-05-2009, 12:11 PM   #4
Blossomed
Board Blazen Parent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billabong View Post
What I don't understand about Alicia is she makes great woman scorned music, but she herself had an affair with a married man behind his pregnant wife's back and is currently in a relationship with him while the wife is left to be a single mother.

Sure it's his fault too, but Alicia played a part. IF she knows what all the hurt is like why would she do something like that?
WAOW! Hang on... I did not know that! Jeeeez she just fell off the pedestal. Jeeeez...

---------- Post added at 04:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:10 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandSMom28 View Post
YESSSSS Ma'am! Alicia is definitely doin' it on this number, LOVE IT! I have always loved her since her Songs in A Minor album, its one of the few albums you can play straight through. This song is so me right now. Thanx for posting...added to my YouTube favs.
I actually was "secretly" dedicating it to you since you posted songs before for others. BUT I think more people can relate to it so I just wanted to dedicate it to everyone
Old 11-05-2009, 12:14 PM   #5
SandSMom28 Female
Lively & Zealous Parent

Wow BB, really? I didn't know Swiss was married? I had NO idea. The only artist that I get all up in their biz is Brit and Ri Ri, so am so late on this one...are you sure? From her lyrics in her records I just don't see it...

---------- Post added at 12:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossomed View Post
I actually was "secretly" dedicating it to you since you posted songs before for others. BUT I think more people can relate to it so I just wanted to dedicate it to everyone
Aww thanks . Im always posting "themes" to peoples threads (I know its annoying but Im still gonna do it, tee hee) And it is fitting for me right now very much so except for any love I feel for him will be washed away asap. Him not responding to me has been a huge turn off. How can you turn your back on a child and not even be man enough to give any explanation. Just sorry. Oops off topic back to A. Keys. Im bout to get on Google right now cuz I just cant see it. But on the topic of the song it is awesome.
Old 11-05-2009, 12:21 PM   #6
LSL Female
The blunt one;)

LSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support Legend

Sands, sorry we are quite sure.........

Here's an open letter the wife wrote to her: http://blog.newsok.com/gossip/2009/09/28/alicia-keys/
Old 11-05-2009, 12:23 PM   #7
Billabong
Board Blazen Parent

Yeah it was a bit of a scandal the past couple of years and last month, I think, his wife posted a looooong "open letter" to Alicia telling her how hurt she was that she did something like this to her, but won't even be woman enough to talk to her about it.

From what I remember her and Alicia were "friendly" beforehand. While she was pregnant her husband, Swiss, whom she had been with for ages started working with Alicia on a project and they both pretended things were on a friendly level until she was about 7 or so months pregnant he came forward and told her he was leaving her for Alicia and he has since had very little contact with her or his daughter and they are still in the process of divorcing.

The wife said she has such a hard time seeing Alicia happy with her man acting like nothing was wrong, and while they were having an affair she was all smiling in her face while freakin her husband behind her back. But at the same time when she's tried to reach out to Alicia numerous and ask her why, talk like women Alicia would run and ignore her. Then last month Alicia basically tweeted something rubbing it in her face along the lines of "Is love better when its forbidden? I think so!"

I'll try to find the letter again give me a few moments.

ETA: Go Lisa! Beat me to it! LOL
Old 11-05-2009, 12:31 PM   #8
SandSMom28 Female
Lively & Zealous Parent

Just finished reading Lisa's post...and I am speechless. I thought this would be something like Britney had that little (cough) breakdown but has since bounced back but Im still waiting on her to go after full custody of her kids or else Im done with her too but I know what it feels like for someone to swoop in and take someone you love especially while you are carrying their child b/c that is exactly what my ex did. How could she do that. Sad to say she has just lost a fan. I just can't believe it. She was someone I defined as a strong woman and being bi racial and all hoped shed be someone my girls could look up to, this doesn't denote her success but still goes to show we have to be the ones our children look up to most cuz you just never know. Wow.

---------- Post added at 12:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billabong View Post
Then last month Alicia basically tweeted something rubbing it in her face along the lines of "Is love better when its forbidden? I think so!"

WHATTT!!! Kudos to Swiss's wife because she is definitely a classy lady to respond with that respectful letter after such an in your face display tweet like that. And then to not even reach out to her and talk it out like a woman just like my ex not even giving me any conversation as to why he's doing what he is doing. Man I thought the song could relate but this little scenario does to and its got me hot right now for Swiss's wife. I know my ex wasn't my husband but still. I just can't believe it.
Old 11-05-2009, 12:49 PM   #9
Billabong
Board Blazen Parent

Well to be fair Britney did the same thing with KFed and pretty much bribed him to leave his pregnant girlfriend, Shar and be with her on her European tour so she wouldn't have to be lonely and because she "loved" him after only knowing him a couple of weeks.

Again, it was his fault but Britney knew what she was doing. Before KFed she also slept with Columbus Short numerous times who also had a pregnant wife at home.

Britney seemed to get a good serving of karma by having KFed allegedly cheat on her and her life fall apart, but she's still a crappy woman and a crappy mom.

I do like a few of her songs though. Just not her as anything more than a voice on a record.
Old 11-05-2009, 12:58 PM   #10
SandSMom28 Female
Lively & Zealous Parent

Man seems like I need to do a bit more research than what I have on the 'stars' that I like but at the same time if we did that for every star we were a fan of our head would be spinning as noone is absolved of sin so I guess I just need to not take being a fan so serious (Britney/Rihanna) and take the music for what it is, feel good music(to me) and call it a day. Who the heck is Columbus Short? Is that the Stomp the Yard guy? Are you serious? You know what...never mind, my head is spinning. (Not cause of you guys)
Old 11-05-2009, 01:50 PM   #11
Billabong
Board Blazen Parent

LOL yeah .. my nightly routine for years has been to read celebrity gossip before bed. It feels good kinda like eating high calorie ice cream. That's how I know all of this haha.

That's my attitude in general towards celebs .. not to take them for much more than they are .. entertainment value. I like songs, movies, whatever .. but I don't really like them or look up to them for anything more. Majority of them are pretty messed up in some way or another.

Columbus Short was Britney's choreographer and back up dancer during the "In the Zone" days.
Old 11-05-2009, 03:03 PM   #12
SandSMom28 Female
Lively & Zealous Parent

Yeah BB I just looked up about it and saw it don't know how that one passed me by, but Im not always researching about Brit, Im just a big fan of her songs. Upon reading on that I found now that they are associating Rihanna along with many other stars (Beyonce, JayZ etc) with the Illuminati and I found pictures on top of pictures of them posing doing the eye of Horus sign or the "devil horns" and Rihanna even had a scene in her umbrella video with her in the eye of horus triangle. Im not someone into all that illuminati belief circle but I will say the pics with all those artists and actors, people in the public eye doing that same symbol even some in high power politics too, it is quite disturbing. I had to stop reading and looking at YouTube vids about it b/c they are creepy. So yeah def don't take them for more than the face value of an entertainer with a good sounding song or whatever. (Poor Blossomed, hi jacked ur thread, sorry .)
Old 11-05-2009, 03:39 PM   #13
Blossomed
Board Blazen Parent

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandSMom28 View Post
Yeah BB I just looked up about it and saw it don't know how that one passed me by, but Im not always researching about Brit, Im just a big fan of her songs. Upon reading on that I found now that they are associating Rihanna along with many other stars (Beyonce, JayZ etc) with the Illuminati and I found pictures on top of pictures of them posing doing the eye of Horus sign or the "devil horns" and Rihanna even had a scene in her umbrella video with her in the eye of horus triangle. Im not someone into all that illuminati belief circle but I will say the pics with all those artists and actors, people in the public eye doing that same symbol even some in high power politics too, it is quite disturbing. I had to stop reading and looking at YouTube vids about it b/c they are creepy. So yeah def don't take them for more than the face value of an entertainer with a good sounding song or whatever. (Poor Blossomed, hi jacked ur thread, sorry .)

Hey not at all! Hahaha... I´m just wondering now if I should have posted it...
Old 11-05-2009, 03:47 PM   #14
SandSMom28 Female
Lively & Zealous Parent

You did nothing wrong in posting it, the song still sounds good and has a good message, I just learned a little bit more about the person behind the song that's all. But like BB said we take them for the entertainment they put out and leave it at that. I still like the song but do not approve of her choices right now. Sure was an eye opener. On top of that Im sure alot can be said for alot of the other artists I like too, doesn't make them less talented though.
Old 11-19-2009, 07:37 PM   #15
rlaurenw
Learning to Surf The Board

rlaurenw is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Re: I just love, love, love Alicia Keys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by billabong View Post
what i don't understand about alicia is she makes great woman scorned music, but she herself had an affair with a married man behind his pregnant wife's back and is currently in a relationship with him while the wife is left to be a single mother.

Sure it's his fault too, but alicia played a part. If she knows what all the hurt is like why would she do something like that?
what what what??
rlaurenw is offline   Reply With Quote