Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey Anyone reside in MA or CT? - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parent Ville ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Single Parents in the United States of America > Massachusetts

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 04-19-2008, 08:15 PM   #1
Samy61
I am New

Samy61 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anyone reside in MA or CT?

Hello,

I just found this site today.
I am 'planning' a move to Western MA this summer. my 2 kids, son age 14 and daughter age 10 and I live in Alaska , I moved here 7 yrs ago from my home state of CA and now, have had enough of this place and want to move!. from my research as well as list of needs, MA seems to fit the bill. I would REALLY like to make some contacts with other SP's... I have no family or friends there and really want to get feedback. I am a never married single mom coming up on my 47th b'day next month
I am also desperately LONLEY!... I have no close friends here, we are a very decent family, smart kids, I don't have anything holding me down except.... a bit of fear.

I would love/appreciate hearing from New Englander's

Sonia
Samy61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 08:43 PM   #2
LaurieDorey
Lively & Zealous Parent

LaurieDorey is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome Sonia!

You are in the right place - lots of folks from New England here - all Yankee fans too

There's even Moosey from Alaska til you move.
Old 04-19-2008, 09:51 PM   #3
Samy61
I am New

Thanks...Laurie?
Old 04-20-2008, 10:29 AM   #4
Jaylie
Active Board Parent

Jaylie will become famous soon enough

Me..Me...I'm from Mass!!! I even have a 10 year old too so we could have tons to talk about!! When are you moving...where...tell us your story & WELCOME!!!!!
Old 04-20-2008, 10:33 AM   #5
Jaylie
Active Board Parent

Sure LD...Try to get your Yankees in there...SHE SAID MASSACHUSETTS...Do you want to turn everyone on her before she even gets here....
RED SOX sonia....REEEDDD SOOOOXXX!!!!
LMFAO!!! Xoxo LaurieDorey XOXO
Old 04-20-2008, 12:45 PM   #6
Scott2go
I am New

Scott2go is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Sonia, NE in great. I stay from July till....brr cold The Summers are incredible.. Go for a drive/train ride and cross 4 states in hours.. The main thing I have learned about NE baseball fans is loyal till the death.. recently a Red Sox fan hid an Ortiz jersey in the new Yankee stadium to curse them Ha Ha Under cement, and they jack hammered it up... Now that's a loyal fan.. There seems to be an event every weekend where the kids can get crazy. Maybe there will be a SFV BBQ ?? I think we can all relate to the lonely parent syndrome...so good luck Scott
Scott2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 02:20 PM   #7
Samy61
I am New

Well....ummm... we're not really baseball fans (bows head in shame)BASKETBALL!! is my ds game! and he's turned me into a HUGE fan! our team? SA SPURS (once again, bows head in shame) but before you judge me how can I not be a spurs fan when I so love Desperate Housewives, Eva Longoria Parker. LOL!

But, who knows, we have spent the last 7 yrs in a state devoted to dog mushing as a "sport"
sigh... we never did fit in here.
Old 04-20-2008, 02:32 PM   #8
Samy61
I am New

Hi Jaylie,

I am looking to Western Mass, i have a limited fixed income and a physical disability, we will go back to being renters, I have a house here that i was able to buy 5 yrs ago and pay a pithy of a mortgage however, the waaaaay to long cold weather has me/kids feeling very depressed along with alaska's lack of culture, iow, there is NOTHING to do here in 'the sticks'! I have 2 bright kids that have lacked getting a GOOD education, the schools here are severely flawed. my goal is to sell as much of our replacebles as possible so it won't cost as much and fly out, find an apartment, start a new life. it will be challenging i'm sure but then again, I moved us 7 yrs ago to AK, sight unseen, WoW! if i could make it here....
Old 04-20-2008, 10:16 PM   #9
Jaylie
Active Board Parent

Well Samy you are an AMAZING woman so I have no doubt you'll make it in Massachusetts!! We do love our RED SOX but our Celtics are doing OUTSTANDING as well so basketball is always good!! And the Basketball Hall Of Fame is in Springfield Ma. (Western Ma) so your heading to the right place!!!! My cousin moved to Alaska for a few years to follow her H.S. love, but she couldn't stay either!! I hear it is beautiful, but I just know she couldn't stay...He did! Pardon the sports stuff..I have 6 brothers so it rubs off a bit!! But we do have a beautiful state so WELCOME!!! I look foward to getting to know you more!!
Old 04-20-2008, 10:30 PM   #10
LaurieDorey
Lively & Zealous Parent

what??? *innocently batting eyes*

at least i didnt tell her how much better nj is than ma... skiing, ocean beaches, boardwalks, close to nyc and philly, atlantic city, pork roll, diners, and you have ted kennedy...

although sonia, jaylie has 6 brothers, if they are as genetically blessed as she is, i suggest befriending her and getting hooked up!!
Old 04-21-2008, 08:43 AM   #11
Jaylie
Active Board Parent

Darn that Teddy he's always bringin' us down!!
I do bet the Jersey Shore is Goregous & they have LC so WIN/WIN!!! But you left out your BEST feature....JON BON JOVI!!! Now he may actually be better than Tom Brady...LMAO!!!
Old 04-21-2008, 08:44 AM   #12
Jaylie
Active Board Parent

But TODAY we have the Boston Marathon so....
Old 04-21-2008, 08:53 AM   #13
binarian
Setting New Standards

binarian is just really nice

yeah, which SU-HUH-CKS if you usually get on the highway anywhere NEAR where the race begins, which I do. The cops shut down ALL the roads....
binarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 07:10 PM   #14
Bishop Male
Originator of “Coffee”

Bishop has a brilliant futureBishop has a brilliant futureBishop has a brilliant futureBishop has a brilliant futureBishop has a brilliant future

OK now I'm a ted kennedy fan and MA has all that stuff but the pork rolls uhhm yuck

Bruins have a chance this year (*dont tell me i didn't see any of the games this weekend)

But to survive here you have to like the sox
Old 04-21-2008, 07:41 PM   #15
Samy61
I am New

Hey! we have something in common!, I'm a BIG Kennedy Fan and as for the sox, well, will you take me out to the ball game? I do get very exited watching sports
Old 04-21-2008, 07:51 PM   #16
Jaylie
Active Board Parent

Come on now Bishop...The B's are on right NOW!!! Game 7!!!!
A Teddy fan?? Oh Why Bishop.... Why???
Old 04-23-2008, 01:35 AM   #17
Samy61
I am New

I REALLY need more input guys!
Do you think its crazy to move my family site unsceen and with (for starters) ONLY an income compramised of social security disabilty?

I mean I did do it 7 yrs ago and to a state no one would dare call an EZ place to survive
my biggest concern is going to be in finding an apartment, from what i've seen on the net, most of my income will be going towards rent (been there, done that).
guess i'm just a worry wart...sigh
Old 04-23-2008, 06:14 AM   #18
LaurieDorey
Lively & Zealous Parent

Since you are not tied to a specific area per se, is there any state in which you have friends or family that can be your support system (or a portion thereof) while you start over again?
Old 04-23-2008, 01:02 PM   #19
Samy61
I am New

No, I have some useless 'relatives' in CA that dis more harm than good in the 39 yrs I lived there.
Old 04-23-2008, 06:14 PM   #20
Bishop Male
Originator of “Coffee”

Bishop has a brilliant futureBishop has a brilliant futureBishop has a brilliant futureBishop has a brilliant futureBishop has a brilliant future

Bruins taking the stanly a man can dream sigh

ted showed up at my great grams 80th I guess years back she did a lot for hom on his first campaign
Old 04-23-2008, 08:22 PM   #21
Jaylie
Active Board Parent

Well game 7 done & gone...BUT Celtic Playoffs!!
I guess Teddy knowing & remembering your Great Grams B-Day does score him a few points!! Was he sober...never mind....LMAO!!!! Bottom of 7th for the Sox....The kids & I hit our First Pawtuckett Red Sox Game of the season on Monday!! Last year we cheered on Jacoby all season & Jed Lawrey , Timlin & Lester some too!! Ever been?