Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey Child Support In Massachusetts - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parent Ville ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Single Parents in the United States of America > Massachusetts

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 07-13-2005, 02:11 PM   #1
mominmass
I am New

mominmass is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyone out there fed up with DOR in Massachusetts? Post it here , I am going through the same thing and have been for the last 11 years and it only seems to be getting worse. If you have advice or just need to vent you have came to the right place.
mominmass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 07:07 PM   #2
Re-Mom Female
Mainiac

Re-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support

They aren't even involved as my ex gets paid through his union which goes through whatever production company. He had 15 different W2's last I filed with him. Makes it impossible to use the state to collect support. Not that it is easy collecting it from him directly!

As for the state, I'm fed up with all the so called 'supports' out there. Childcare subsidy for instance there is a 2 yr waiting period here. OMG in 2 yrs I won't need daycare anymore, just some minor afterschool care!

Foodstamps I gave up on, long story, MA sucks

can't get energy assistance as they offer a discount for EARLY PAYMENT!lmao what a joke if somebody needs help paying bills how can they pay early.
Re-Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 11:31 AM   #3
mominmass
I am New

mominmass is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for your reply I am too fed up I couldn't begint o give the state anymore info on my ex, including his picture. Well maybe someday the state of Mass will get up off their lazy asses and do something like their job .

Quote:
Originally posted by SueP:
[qb] They aren't even involved as my ex gets paid through his union which goes through whatever production company. He had 15 different W2's last I filed with him. Makes it impossible to use the state to collect support. Not that it is easy collecting it from him directly!

As for the state, I'm fed up with all the so called 'supports' out there. Childcare subsidy for instance there is a 2 yr waiting period here. OMG in 2 yrs I won't need daycare anymore, just some minor afterschool care!

Foodstamps I gave up on, long story, MA sucks

can't get energy assistance as they offer a discount for EARLY PAYMENT!lmao what a joke if somebody needs help paying bills how can they pay early. [/qb]
mominmass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 01:29 PM   #4
Re-Mom Female
Mainiac

Re-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support

It is pathetic for sure.
Re-Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 09:30 PM   #5
looney911
Getting My Feet (Board) Wet

looney911 is an unknown quantity at this point

yep it stinks but it's really the court system that should be enforcing it. However it's up to us to raise the flag in front of the DOR when c.s. is in arrears. My ex is 6K in arrears and DOR dropped the ball in serving his contempt which they will do for you for free you know....So when it came time for our court date regarding contempt the judge wouldn't even hear me b/c my ex wasn't served properly even though he was willing to accept it the day of court.
looney911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 12:56 PM   #6
kg4333
Learning to Surf The Board

kg4333 is an unknown quantity at this point

DOR seems to me just a funnel through system. When my ex was in 6k arrears they said there was nothing they could do. I had to pay a lawyer (which eventually my ex had to reimburse) to go to court to try to get my c.s. It was worth it though, because he has been paying ever since he went to jail for not paying c.s. It's sorry that it had to come to that, but at least something worked.
kg4333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 04:57 PM   #7
mev28
I am New

mev28 is an unknown quantity at this point

ma dor does stink. my ex is $2000 in arrears, and havent received anything in nearly a month, i know that it doesnt seem alot to some other people, but its hard with two kids!!!! my ex is in the union, so it automatically comes out of his check, even when hes on unemployment, so i dont know what the hold up is with dor, they ****!!!!
mev28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 08:34 AM   #8
nicksdaddy
I am New

nicksdaddy is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by Ruthless1971:
[qb] Anyone out there fed up with DOR in Massachusetts? Post it here , I am going through the same thing and have been for the last 11 years and it only seems to be getting worse. If you have advice or just need to vent you have came to the right place. [/qb]
nicksdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 08:39 AM   #9
nicksdaddy
I am New

nicksdaddy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello all,
I'm new here. I have not yet made it to court, for my divorce. My question is this: When you go before the judge, is support automatically decided, even if I say nothing about it? I understand it is 25% of the gross pay, here in MA. Considering I've gotten nothing for the 2 years my son, and I have been on our own, that's fine with me. When I left, I refused to go without my son. His mother has done nothing for him, since.
nicksdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 02:50 PM   #10
BigBobby Male
Setting New Standards

BigBobby has disabled reputation

Hey nicksdaddy,

I'm a single father in Northern Mass. I had my CS court date last month. They will use the "Mass Child Support Guidelines" Worksheet to figure out the basic order. It isn't a very complicate worksheet, and you can find it online.

The worksheet starts off with an age-based % of the ncp's gross income. It then adjusts that amount depending upon the cp's income, medical expenses, etc. The judge can choose to set the CS at any amount, but I think they usually use the amount from the worksheet (that's what they did for me anyway).

Hope that helps,
Bobby
BigBobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 08:42 PM   #11
sistergoldenhair
Board Member

sistergoldenhair is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by nicksdaddy:
[qb] Hello all,
I'm new here. I have not yet made it to court, for my divorce. My question is this: When you go before the judge, is support automatically decided, even if I say nothing about it? I understand it is 25% of the gross pay, here in MA. Considering I've gotten nothing for the 2 years my son, and I have been on our own, that's fine with me. When I left, I refused to go without my son. His mother has done nothing for him, since. [/qb]
sistergoldenhair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 08:46 PM   #12
sistergoldenhair
Board Member

sistergoldenhair is an unknown quantity at this point

I didnt' really understand your question but I think support can factored into your divorce agreement without going to court just for cs issue. If you have a lawyer that is best. Trying to go through MA court system without one is really difficult. A lawyer will follow guidelines child support but there may be additional things they will advocate for (i.e custody/which parent has better health coverage/education costs down the road for college). In the long run it might pay off to have someone handle this for you. Good luck.
sistergoldenhair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 11:08 PM   #13
HMCR
Parent on Board

HMCR is an unknown quantity at this point

well im new to the DOR system right now i am waiting for them to find the dead beat and serve him papers-you can't tell me they can find a SSN but can't find an address? One does me no good without the other-need to get to court but i refuse to let it go or give up. I am thinking im going to let my lawyer handle it too.I am going to think positive because my daughter deserves al she is entitled to.
HMCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 11:05 AM   #14
AngiesMom
On the Board

AngiesMom is an unknown quantity at this point

In the 2 years I've been separated I haven't seen a dime. I've called DOR and given them his address and told them he was working under the table and where. I've come to the decision that I've done it this long w/o him and anything I may see in the future will be banked for college. Luckily I just got a great new job and it will be easier for me. I may not have done it alone the past few years but I've done it w/o him and THAT to me means the world.

DOR is not the best system out there and could use some serious restructuring.
AngiesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 10:15 PM   #15
msmltvcktl
Board Member

msmltvcktl is an unknown quantity at this point

IF you're receiving TANF in this state, you get NOTHING for child support! It all goes back to the state until you're no longer on the dole. Of course, the amount you get per month is e; if I weren't living with my parents I would be in a rooming house (without the money for diapers, baby wash, laundry, soap, child care, etc) and way too poor! Food stamps I did get, but only because I was homeless for 80% of my pregnancy...
msmltvcktl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 10:09 PM   #16
mamom9904
Getting My Feet (Board) Wet

mamom9904 is an unknown quantity at this point

I was living in Leominster, but had to move in with my parents in Ayer. Thank goodness for them or I would have been on the streets too with a child who was on a ventilater up unitl last summer and had a tracheostomy till Nov. 06. I chose child support over transitioanl assistance since it is more. I have not had a lawyer and have done everything on my own. I have learned alot since I filed for divorce in Dec of 05. A lot of it has to do with who you talk to. My ex sees the kids when he wants and just had his second child with his g-friend and I am still unable to work due to a medically complicated child and all the jugde can say is there is nothing I can do. It is pathetic how little MA cares about taking care of children in divorce.
mamom9904 is offline   Reply With Quote