Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey Just moved here from Seattle, all alone - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parent Ville ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Single Parents in the United States of America > Massachusetts

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 04-23-2005, 10:55 PM   #1
SingleMamma99
I am New

SingleMamma99 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am a 23 year old single mom to a one month old baby boy.

I just moved here from Seattle. I only know my family here, and don't even know anyone around my own age. I left all my friends and even some of my family in Washington. I moved here in January I worked threw my whole pregnancy and I lived alone in Colorado for part of it in order to save some money. I was never married, the guy I was dating was in a serious boating accident just after I became pregnant and in order to save his life, they had to amputate his arm. He went threw some struggles and in the process became a very different person. He left me for another girl and spent his time and money out at the bars. He did not help me and refused to sign any adoption papers, saying he would take my baby and make his parents raise it, he doesnt believe in adoption and said the baby was his (I was adopted myself, and I think it is a positive thing, I would much rather keep my son, but I had no one of doing it alone) and that he would not let me "get rid" of the baby. That broke my heart because of course that wasnt what I was trying to do. I just wanted to provide the best life for my son. He said he would be there to help me, but has never once helped, he only makes me feel guilty cause I live here. So here I am alone anyway, I decided it best to get away from him and be with my family, they have been really wonderful (the father wanted me to live in his moms basement and collect welfare checks then when the baby came I could move in with him and his new girlfriend until "the baby doesnt need you anymore").

So as you can see, I had to leave. So I came here just looking for a friend I guess. I am handeling it all really well, just now getting worried about work. I cant afford much and wish I could work from home so I could be with my son. I love him so much and I am really lucky to have him, but I feel bad that his father is such a jerk. He has done so much more, but who really cares anymore right? Im just moving on and focusing on my son, and hoping maybe some good stuff will happen to us?

Well, if anyone near by in the MA area needs a friend, or knows how I can make some money from hom, let me know
SingleMamma99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 08:31 AM   #2
sueh
On the Board

sueh is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,

Sorry you have to deal with what's going on. Please remember you are not alone.
Where in MA do you live?
I live in Plymouth.
The people here are wonderful and if you need to talk please feel free to im me.

Sue
sueh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 09:37 AM   #3
zackmom
Learning to Surf The Board

zackmom is an unknown quantity at this point

SingleMamma99,
Hi and welcome to the group.
Where in MASS are you?
Don't feel sorry for you ex.
He will realize his misfortune soon enough.
There are alot of supportive people here!
Hope to hear from you soon.
Keep your chin up!
zackmom is offline   Reply With Quote