Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey Call to action (PA Single Parents) - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parent Ville ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Single Parents in the United States of America > Pennsylvania

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 08-06-2005, 11:55 PM   #1
JerseyMike
I am New

JerseyMike is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Call to action (PA Single Parents)

Greetings all--although this is my first post on this particular message board, I'm pretty familiar with the nuance of board etiquette so I'll just get right to the point--

I'm not here to whine about how bad my experience as a single parent is; I'm not here for a pity party and I'm not here for dating--

I'm here to find people who want to see the Domestic Relations agency of Pennsylvania go through a MAJOR change.

I'm here to find people (Dads AND Moms) who've been wronged in some way, shape, or form by 'The System'.

I'm not going to tell my whole story, because it's already been told a thousand times before, but what I will offer are some highlights of my experience in dealing with the Domestic Relations section of the State of Pennsylvania.

In my three years of dealing with this crooked bunch of state-workers, I've:

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI>Had to leave no less than three messages before getting a return phone call.
<LI>Been discriminated upon because I am a male.
<LI>Been denied a fair hearing as a 'defendant'
<LI>Been forced to pay exorbitant amounts of 'fees' before even being given the chance to speak[/list]
I'm looking for a few good people.

I'm looking for those of you who have "Been looking for someone like me" for a long time.

I'd like to meet a compassionate lawyer, someone who works in the PR field and some people who are willing to take a stand against a corrupt, antiquated, biased and judgemental STATE RUN SYSTEM.

The State is supposed to work FOR THE PEOPLE.

The only thing I've seen is just a bunch of people working for the State.

A bunch of people who are nice and fat and happy with their paid holiday's (EVERY Holiday you can think of), bankers hours, exorbitant pay scales and second to none health benefits.

It's time to make a change.

Any interested parties are encouraged to reply

If anyone needs clarification on anything I've said, ask away.

Peace.
JerseyMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 11:55 PM   #2
JerseyMike
I am New

Greetings all--although this is my first post on this particular message board, I'm pretty familiar with the nuance of board etiquette so I'll just get right to the point--

I'm not here to whine about how bad my experience as a single parent is; I'm not here for a pity party and I'm not here for dating--

I'm here to find people who want to see the Domestic Relations agency of Pennsylvania go through a MAJOR change.

I'm here to find people (Dads AND Moms) who've been wronged in some way, shape, or form by 'The System'.

I'm not going to tell my whole story, because it's already been told a thousand times before, but what I will offer are some highlights of my experience in dealing with the Domestic Relations section of the State of Pennsylvania.

In my three years of dealing with this crooked bunch of state-workers, I've:

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI>Had to leave no less than three messages before getting a return phone call.
<LI>Been discriminated upon because I am a male.
<LI>Been denied a fair hearing as a 'defendant'
<LI>Been forced to pay exorbitant amounts of 'fees' before even being given the chance to speak[/list]
I'm looking for a few good people.

I'm looking for those of you who have "Been looking for someone like me" for a long time.

I'd like to meet a compassionate lawyer, someone who works in the PR field and some people who are willing to take a stand against a corrupt, antiquated, biased and judgemental STATE RUN SYSTEM.

The State is supposed to work FOR THE PEOPLE.

The only thing I've seen is just a bunch of people working for the State.

A bunch of people who are nice and fat and happy with their paid holiday's (EVERY Holiday you can think of), bankers hours, exorbitant pay scales and second to none health benefits.

It's time to make a change.

Any interested parties are encouraged to reply

If anyone needs clarification on anything I've said, ask away.

Peace.
Old 08-07-2005, 12:20 AM   #3
jaydsdad
Setting New Standards

jaydsdad is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome JerseyMike,

I can relate to your frustrations and pain. I'm in Canada though so I'm not much help to you but let me assure you that your problem isn't local. Sadly, it is universal.

There are so many frustrated single parents out there around the world that the peons who only apply and not create the rules become insensitive. Please don't hold your anger for them. They are merely "doing their jobs".

Society is fast paced in this day and age and unfortunately legislation cannot keep up. Around the world, family law has become antiquated in the digital age. It is society you must reach. It is the morals and the standards of the past that must be changed and updated. It is the media that must be influenced.

Good fortune in your quest.
Old 08-07-2005, 09:58 AM   #4
JerseyMike
I am New

Jaysdad--

You make some good points, however, I feel that it's that ambivalance and acceptance that "that's just the way it is" that will perpetuate the wrongdoings of these lame-duck state workers.

Many people agree that things need to change but there are only a handful who are willing to take a stand and DO something about it.

I complained and whined and moaned for too long--and now it's time for me to step up.

Change can happen quickly with the right people involved, that much I am sure of.
Old 08-07-2005, 11:16 AM   #5
jaydsdad
Setting New Standards

I'm on your side there Mike. I have been fighting and researching now for close to twelve years. Change is happening but it is slow in coming. I share your frustrations. I am about to enter the courtroom yet again. I know what it means to complain and whine and moan only to be told I can't get any relief.

I would certainly step up with you if I could. Have you considered your local media?
Old 08-07-2005, 12:49 PM   #6
K'sDaddy
On the Board

K'sDaddy is an unknown quantity at this point

I've got the senators office interested in my case here. They want to go on a fact finding mission with me and I'm to give a speech about what happened to us to local legislators. Interested? PM me with your e-mail address and I'll keep you updated.
Change is on the horizon my friend. The public is becoming aware of what the states are doing to fathers and their children. It wont last much longer.
K'sDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005, 01:07 PM   #7
jaydsdad
Setting New Standards

Great news K'sDaddy! Would you be interested in starting a new thread for just this case. I am very interested in following along. This might be one small step in the long journey ahead of us. And an inspiration to me here in Canada. The time for change is nigh.
Old 08-16-2005, 02:24 AM   #8
Robin Female
Lively & Zealous Parent

Robin has a spectacular aura about

I dont want to bust your bubble but it is not just to dads, this happens the same to moms and always to the children. Just look at the school system, DCF and well the list goes on.

I do understand that a situation has happen to you personally, thus a need to find the cause to it. There are many cards that can be used for the blame - race, gender, class, and well this list can go on also.

I understand the fustration with the system, the system is not a fully functional system when dealing with family issues. It may never be, as sad as it is.

But in my many years, having my own situations, helping others with theirs, getting the system to a more funtional place, well the bottom line comes down to... What is the solution?

You have pointed a finger directly at a point of your origin that has fustrated you.

But I would be most interested in hearing your solutions.
Even the research that you have conducted, the participates within the study.
And of course a non-bias observation in an abstact.

Please let me -unfortunatly - assure you, you are not alone and this is not just happening to men. This is also happening to women, and very saddly and more importantly to children.

I can also assure you that pushing the hate button, hard and vigirasly will only make healthy driven individualy run to the other side of the road.

You seem to have much energy, and determination in making a change. I stand and applaude you for that, but if I may ask... Please balance and shed the one sidedness.

I am sure that you are finding it hard to sleep, your situation is always plaging your mind... this is normal. It is like the first time one played rubic cube, knowing that the next turn and you will figure it out. Well the system is like rubics cube, there is no one reason. It is a complex, multi motivated system and everyone plays their part - for good or bad.

I can only suggest that you find your balance,( your peace) first. And please keep in mind that I will be first inline to back you up... But as I mentioned above... What Is The Solution?