Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey Court date to reduce child support...Help!!! - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parenting - Issues ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Child Support

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 09-18-2004, 09:15 PM   #1
Pickle'sMom
Learning to Surf The Board

Pickle'sMom is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone! I just wanted to see if anyone could give me any advice. My sons father is taking me to court next week about getting his child support reduced b/c he holds my sons health insurance. He has another child who is about a year older then my son. He was obligated to provider insurance for her before I even knew I was pregnant with my son. And now he's only taking me to court,not the other mother. And on top of that he told me that he chose the plan that has the highest weekly payment that comes out of his paycheck. And then on top of that he is trying to have another child with his current girlfriend.(they actually just lost a child-she was stillborn, so they are trying to have another) I just dont know what to do anymore. I dont think it is fair that he is only taking me to court and not the mother of his other child. And I really cant afford to have my support reduced right now. If anyopne can help me with this I would really appericate it. Also if anyone could give me any hints as to what I should bring to court with me that would be helpful too. I live in Massachusetts and I know that the laws are different form state to state but I would still really like to hear what other people have to say. Thanks for listening!!!!
Pickle'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2004, 09:15 PM   #2
Pickle'sMom
Learning to Surf The Board

Pickle'sMom is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone! I just wanted to see if anyone could give me any advice. My sons father is taking me to court next week about getting his child support reduced b/c he holds my sons health insurance. He has another child who is about a year older then my son. He was obligated to provider insurance for her before I even knew I was pregnant with my son. And now he's only taking me to court,not the other mother. And on top of that he told me that he chose the plan that has the highest weekly payment that comes out of his paycheck. And then on top of that he is trying to have another child with his current girlfriend.(they actually just lost a child-she was stillborn, so they are trying to have another) I just dont know what to do anymore. I dont think it is fair that he is only taking me to court and not the mother of his other child. And I really cant afford to have my support reduced right now. If anyopne can help me with this I would really appericate it. Also if anyone could give me any hints as to what I should bring to court with me that would be helpful too. I live in Massachusetts and I know that the laws are different form state to state but I would still really like to hear what other people have to say. Thanks for listening!!!!
Pickle'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2004, 03:46 PM   #3
Leffallt
I am New

Leffallt is an unknown quantity at this point

I was married to man that had 4 other children prior to our marriage. He was unable to decrease his payments. However, take this information with a grain of salt since he has never paid either of us consistently. In fact he has been able to get away without paying for the first 4 children for over 14 years and he lives right up the street.
Leffallt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2004, 05:26 PM   #4
commander leftover Female
Board Beacon Parent

commander leftover is an unknown quantity at this point

Unless there has been a serious reduction in his income he can't have it reduced. Do you have a current support order? Is he obligated in this order to provide insurance? If he's ordered to provide insurance he fighting a battle you can't win. Unless he's taken a pay cut at his job, it can't be lowered. Don't stress. Go to your local child support agency and talk to your worker. They can answer most of your questions. Also, remember that he can petition the court and ASK for anything he wants. He can file a petition to have the court order you to stand on your head and cluck like a chicken. If he gets it is a different story. Does that make sense? If he is willing to pay a filing fee to the courts and fill out the paperwork, he can ask anything of the courts. When they laugh in his face, it might be a different story. Don't sweat it.
commander leftover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2004, 09:21 PM   #5
Leffallt
I am New

Leffallt is an unknown quantity at this point

Leftover
Do you know the process over petitioning someone to court? That is exactly what I am trying to do and I cannot get any answers at the Attorney General.
Leffallt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 10:34 AM   #6
Board Beacon Parent

What are you trying to go to court for? You can send me a private message if you want.
Old 10-04-2004, 03:05 PM   #7
All4Mine
Active Board Parent

All4Mine is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by leftover:
[qb] Unless there has been a serious reduction in his income he can't have it reduced. Do you have a current support order? Is he obligated in this order to provide insurance? If he's ordered to provide insurance he fighting a battle you can't win. Unless he's taken a pay cut at his job, it can't be lowered. Don't stress. Go to your local child support agency and talk to your worker. They can answer most of your questions. Also, remember that he can petition the court and ASK for anything he wants. He can file a petition to have the court order you to stand on your head and cluck like a chicken. If he gets it is a different story. Does that make sense? If he is willing to pay a filing fee to the courts and fill out the paperwork, he can ask anything of the courts. When they laugh in his face, it might be a different story. Don't sweat it. [/qb] </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Unfortunately, all of the above is true. My support was reduced to hardly nothing and I have to provide the health insurance via my job. To date, anything that was originally ordered hasn't been enforced. My insurance is covered, however God forbid all of my 4 become ill at the same time, which child will get to go to the doctor that week? My co-payments are outrageous, not to mention the prescriptions. I don't have time to fight the system right now.....T's me off something awful.... No one cares....

My ex owessssssssssssss close to $3,000 in arrears, and he's paying a frikkin penny on the dang dollar it seems.

Hold tight, all good things shall prevail...

Love
Old 10-04-2004, 08:56 PM   #8
Board Beacon Parent

Hey! I CARE!! I'M THERE TOO!

They never enforce anything anyways. They took away his driver's lisence, and re-posessed his truck for failure to pay. But luckily that gives him the perfect excuse not to work anyways.

Pennys on the dollar??! We should start a club, me and you. My X is $11,000 in the hole. I got a check in the mail for $40 in sept. WHOO-HOOO! I think I'm gonna buy myself a new terrycloth bathrobe, fuzzy pink slippers, hair curlers and a carton of menthol cigarettes. Ghetto.

Did I mention that I live in a double wide? I'm a high class woman. Luckily, working 10 hour days all summer has rewarded me with health insurance from my employer.

Maybe I'll buy a pink flamingo for my front yard. It'll be the prettiest trailer in the whole park!!!

Don't let it get you down. just laugh. Laugh as often as you can. It's all that gets me through those 10 hour days.

I love to laugh at myself. Feel free to poke fun at my "high class white trash" lifestyle. Aww, heck. Maybe you'll see us on Jerry Springer. I'll give props to all my girls at singleparentsnetwork.

I hope you could get a chuckle out of this.