Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey Becoming a woman.... - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parenting - Through The Ages¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Babes, Children & Teens > Tweens: 10 - 14

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 12-09-2010, 02:48 AM   #1
LSL Female
The blunt one;)

LSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support Legend
sorry Becoming a woman....

On Sunday, A's grandma took her shopping. She came back with some really cute outfits. Among them, this gorgeous pencil skirt that is a navy blue taffeta..... She bought a black lacy shirt and shrug to go with it. A modeled it for me, and when she came out of the hall, I couldn't breathe. I saw, in those moments, the woman she will be. And I cried.

How do you handle this? I just want to bawl like a baby. I feel like I am losing something special and I just want to keep it. I know I can't, but I desperately want to bottle her up and protect her.
Old 12-09-2010, 08:18 AM   #2
muskiedad Male
the one who babbles

muskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legend
Default Re: Becoming a woman....

LSL I have no idea! I see glimpses of my oldest son turning into a young man. Fleeting at first, but more frequent......and I want him to stay a little boy! If you figure out how to put the genie back in the bottle, let me know please!!!
muskiedad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 08:44 AM   #3
idig Female
SFV JUNKIE!!!

idig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legend

It is very bittersweet. It took me months to stop doing a double take when seemingly overnight he looked like a different person. I went through my little phase of putting up some of my favorite baby pics here when I was going back and looking. It is heartwrenching and unfair! Their childhoods go by so fast!
Old 12-09-2010, 08:44 AM   #4
Dad1st4boys Male
Failure is not an Option.

Dad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support

I now see the little boy my #1 was in the young man before me. He was such a cote kid, now he's a very handsome man with the whole world ahead.
Dad1st4boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 09:24 AM   #5
comingup4air Female
Putting my child first...

comingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Support

Awe.....I bet she looked beautiful, LSL. I see my E changing all the time and was kinda sad about it last night. She is acting/looking so much older lately. I want it to SLOW DOWN!
comingup4air is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 09:46 AM   #6
Jamie's_Mum Female
English & proud

Jamie's_Mum has a reputation beyond reputeJamie's_Mum has a reputation beyond reputeJamie's_Mum has a reputation beyond reputeJamie's_Mum has a reputation beyond reputeJamie's_Mum has a reputation beyond reputeJamie's_Mum has a reputation beyond repute

Thats the thing with kids, they grow up so fast. My son is 2 and i'd like to keep him that age forever, all we can do as parents is be proud of our babies growing into strong, beautiful men and women, its sad and i dread the day my son is a man and no longer needs me. LSL your daughter sounds like she has great style!!
Old 12-09-2010, 10:31 AM   #7
Re-Mom Female
Mainiac

Re-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support

I haven't a clue! My girls often dress up and sing, do dancing with the stars, etc. A few weeks ago M came down with an outfit that did the same to me. Wasn't "beautiful" but omg... my brown leather high heel clogs, skinny jeans, a long sweater, scarf, makeup. I looked at her and almost fell over, maybe because the shoes fit, maybe because the makeup was done correctly and wasn't the typical clown face she has done in the past. I don't know, just scared me. OH.... and she had my bra on underneath all stuffed LOL

I was holding a friend's baby the other night and got to feed a bottle. It literally brought tears to my eyes. How did time pass so quickly I can barely even remember most of it?
Re-Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 10:39 AM   #8
lyndz7 Female
Setting New Standards

lyndz7 has a reputation beyond reputelyndz7 has a reputation beyond reputelyndz7 has a reputation beyond reputelyndz7 has a reputation beyond reputelyndz7 has a reputation beyond reputelyndz7 has a reputation beyond repute

huge hugs!!!!
Old 12-09-2010, 11:17 AM   #9
pann71 Female
Board Beacon Parent

pann71 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelpann71 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelpann71 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelpann71 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelpann71 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelpann71 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelpann71 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelpann71 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelpann71 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelpann71 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelpann71 Has Heart and Soul of an Angel

Awww, that is sweet LSL. If only there were a way to keep them young...Just wait till you are sitting watching her walk in ready for her junior prom....OK, you so did not need to hear that!

Self-respect is the cornerstone of all virtue!!
pann71 is offline   Reply With Quote