Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey 14 Year old wants to Dye hair - Page 2 - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parenting - Through The Ages¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Babes, Children & Teens > Tweens: 10 - 14

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 06-30-2011, 08:11 PM   #46
kitcat Female
Board Blazen Parent

kitcat Is Rocken These Boards With Supportkitcat Is Rocken These Boards With Supportkitcat Is Rocken These Boards With Supportkitcat Is Rocken These Boards With Supportkitcat Is Rocken These Boards With Supportkitcat Is Rocken These Boards With Supportkitcat Is Rocken These Boards With Supportkitcat Is Rocken These Boards With Support
Default Re: 14 Year old wants to Dye hair

N has been dyeing her hair since she was 12 (now 17)...the only conditions were that she had to buy the dye, it had to be with money she earned, and it had to be temp or semi perm color. My reasoning behind this was that #1, I wasn't going to pay for it. It couldn't be gift money, cause it didn't last very long, and I didn't want it to be something that didn't wash out.

N has had every color under the son. (some intentional and some unintentional!)

I have overheard a lady making comments about her hair color at volleyball practice (especially when what was supposed to be red turned into pink after swimming in the pool)...My simple response was, "I'd rather her experiment with chemicals in her hair than in her body" ...The lady who was making snide comments about N's hair had no clue that when I was outside having my cig, her daughter was asking for a light to light her pot pipe! (go figure) ~ btw...I reported this to the school, the girl was 'randomly drug tested' and kicked off sports team.

---------- Post added at 06:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:11 PM ----------

just goes to show there are worse things our kids could be doing that coloring their hair!