Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey vent from an annoying mom - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parenting - Through The Ages¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Babes, Children & Teens > Tweens: 10 - 14

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 09-20-2010, 06:48 PM   #1
idig Female
SFV JUNKIE!!!

idig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legend
Default vent from an annoying mom

Here are some of my sins over the last four days:

I talk in stores and somebody might hear me.

I can't hear what is said to me in stores when no sounds come out of your mouth because someone might hear you.

I have facial expressions that someone in a store might see.

I go in stores next to the haircut place to kill 20 minutes until the hair place opens.

I won't buy a $55 double garbage can in the store I have heard nothing but whispers resembling grumbling since entering said store, even if you think that it would be perfect for the recycling and the garbage other than the fact it would have to be emptied every 5 minutes because the bins are tiny.

When I said take out the trash and push the can to the curb for trash pick up Monday morning, i did indeed mean this Monday just like every other Monday.

I use too many exclamation points in emails.

I expect chores to be done as they need it not when the house and kitchen in particular become a health hazard.

I have no sympathy for not being able to fall asleep on Sunday night/being tired on Monday morning when you go to bed late on Saturday and sleep until noon on Sunday.

I insist that the four 1" whiskers on my 13 year old's chin get shaved, plucked, or otherwise removed and I don't care how because I do not think they are cool, I think they look raggedy.

I don't put up with being smarted off too ENDLESSLY because this is the day your hormones have gone bonkers and you hate everything about everything and I happen to be there. (I don't get to do it endlessly, neither do you)

Vent over.

For now.
Old 09-20-2010, 08:48 PM   #2
LSL Female
The blunt one;)

LSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support Legend
Default Re: vent from an annoying mom

Ah hahahahahahahahahahaha!!!! I know I should not laugh, but a few of those, yes, I get.

I am annoying because I do the ____ wiggle dance in the car. I am not allowed to sing along to a great song, nor sing, nor wiggle my tush in a way that only I will see/feel, while shuttling my 12 year old around.

I am annoying because I do not think the hallway is where dirty clothes go.

I am annoying because I will not pick up all 40 of your friends on the way to school.

I am annoying because I like to look in the shoe section in Nordstrom. Why look at things if you cannot afford to buy them right then?
Old 09-20-2010, 09:06 PM   #3
muskiedad Male
the one who babbles

muskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legend

With the mother's permission......I'd like to vent from an annoying Dad.

I am annoying because it truly is a school day today when I woke you up...yes today, honest....and getting dressed is important. Seriously. Thank you.

I am annoying because I sing new words to song tunes to amuse them (or drive them batty).

I am annoying that I put fruit in their lunches, even if fruit is not "cool".

I am annoying because I made the oldest do his homework even if math is "stupid".
muskiedad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 10:22 PM   #4
Re-Mom Female
Mainiac

Re-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support

Hope That Helped! I'd like to join... but I'm too tired... (but my first one is I use far to many ...(dot dot dot) in my life, but it seems to shadow my life, in fact, I just realized, they are in THREES...

The sympathy for the monday morning tireds...had that lecture last night and this morning.

Trash, ,Thursday here, but same story/different day

Whiskers, I hope I do not have any 1 inch stragglers hanging off my chin. I try to get them before they are visible but I my tweezers are slacking on me suddenly. Thankfully, the sunshine of summer is going away, phew!

I'm annoying because when you are sick and tired all day long I figure you should go curl up in your bed and SLEEP... not dance, sing, play with your sister, make a fort, etc. Especially when you just used the inhaler as you couldn't breath through your own dammmnedang mouth.

I'm annoying because when I find the homework you didn't turn in because it wasn't in the homework folder and I make you do the homework you didn't do because you put it in the "papers for mom shelf" I make you do them so that you don't miss out on recess (which won't happen again my dear, recess isn't a necessity)

I'm annoying because when I want to know where to sign and you haven't asked the teacher in 3 weeks even though I put a sticky with the exactly wording you could use in your school planner you still haven't done it I email the teacher to make you ask the question without telling her what the question is.

OK I guess I got another wind huh?

Call me if you need a delivery....

|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||
|.........WINE TRUCK.........| ||'|";, ___.
|_..._..._______===|=||_|__|..., ] -)
"(@)'(@)"" "''"**|(@)(@)*****''(@)
Re-Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 09:50 AM   #5
confused1996 Female
Board Beacon Parent

confused1996 has a brilliant futureconfused1996 has a brilliant futureconfused1996 has a brilliant future

Im annoying because I dont understand why it is sooo hard to take the dishes you already have by the game/tv to the dishwasher or put the garbage in the garbage before you get another dish or snack.
Im annoying because I dont jump when you want me to make you something or get you a drink.
Im annoying because I think it is a good idea to get to bed before 10 on week nights.
Im annoying because I dont understand why you need that new game you saw in your magazine when we cant afford it.
Im annoying because I expect your chores and homeowrk to be done before the game or TV get turned on.
Im annoying because when you get in that I know it all in your face additude I will walk away and close my bedroom door on you.
Im annoying because I think when I ask you to do something it should be done now instead of next week. grr
I could keep going but Ive excepted that 14 year olds are interesting indeed if not a trial to your mental well being.
confused1996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 10:28 AM   #6
Glasslass Female
Parent on Board

Glasslass has a brilliant futureGlasslass has a brilliant futureGlasslass has a brilliant futureGlasslass has a brilliant future

O, thank you so much for starting this great thread!

I am an annoying mom because I expect that the children will do "X" chore or task when I ask or remind them, the first time. Not the second, third, fourth... Not "in 5 minutes". Yes, I actually DO expect you to get up *right now* and do that thing that you're responsible for, because I know full well that if you put it off, it won't get done at all.

I am annoying because I ask a lot of personal questions about school, your friends, who's calling, what your plans are, how are you feeling, ect. That's because I care, and I wnat to know how your day is going, silly!

I am annoying because I monitor facebook, myspace, youtube, ect. Yeah, I require you to keep me informed of your accounts and passwords if you want computer priverlages, and I'll stop and see what you're doing when I walk by. That's because I am ultimately responsible for you, even on the net.

I am annoying because I insist you actually pick up your dirty laundry and put it in the hamper if you want it washed. Also, I insist you take those clean, folded clothes and actually PUT them IN the dresser/closet, instead of on the floor/desk/bed. Close the dresser drawers when you're done, please.

I am annoying because I refuse to keep track of your video games, especially the DSI ones. There's a box for them- put them BACK when you're done. No, I have no idea where you left Pokemon Diamond.

I am annoying because I require you to respect the other sibling/future step sibling's space, privacy and stuff. No, you can't borrow that without that person's permission. On that note, you guys cannot borrow my stuff without my permission either, so please put back those earrings and give me back my Ramones Tee shirt.

I am annoying because I enforce boyfriend AND his ex wife's rules with his kids when they are visiting and in my care. That's because I refuse to be caught up in the game of playing the ends against the middle that has gone on for years now. Yes, I will actually ask your dad and/or call and check the rules with your mom, so get used to it.

---------- Post added at 09:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 AM ----------

Oh, and most of all, I am annoying because I won't purchase cable or Direct TV. You can use the TV for the Wii, Xbox or DVDs. Yes, I do think you should actually READ a BOOK, or go outside and play ball/ride a bike.
Glasslass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 11:25 AM   #7
idig Female
SFV JUNKIE!!!

idig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legend

Quote:
Im annoying because I dont jump when you want me to make you something or get you a drink.
I get this too and I have NO idea where it comes from. it is not like I have ever waited on him hand and foot, but he hit puberty and decided I should. I swear his feelings actually seem hurt when I tell him I'm not his waitress.

Quote:
I am annoying because I refuse to keep track of your video games, especially the DSI ones. There's a box for them- put them BACK when you're done. No, I have no idea where you left Pokemon Diamond.
I get this one too, and lately he even gets accusatory that I MUST have moved it or had it last (why?????). It matters not how many times he finds something right where he left it. The next time it is missing, it must have been me!!

So glad to hear I am not the only annoying mom and to get to laugh about this very irritating stage with others who get it!
Old 09-21-2010, 11:30 AM   #8
Re-Mom Female
Mainiac

Re-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support

How do our children tolerate living with us?

Call me if you need a delivery....

|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||
|.........WINE TRUCK.........| ||'|";, ___.
|_..._..._______===|=||_|__|..., ] -)
"(@)'(@)"" "''"**|(@)(@)*****''(@)
Re-Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 11:34 AM   #9
idig Female
SFV JUNKIE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SueP View Post
How do our children tolerate living with us?

The only thing that keeps me sane is remembering how mortified I was of my parents, and I have already done this twice with girls. Boys are a walk in the park in comparison.

On the upside, the light-hearted threat (but they aren't quite sure if I mean it ) od embarrasing them publicly can be a very effective motivator.
Old 09-21-2010, 06:01 PM   #10
muskiedad Male
the one who babbles

muskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legend

My guys will sometimes expect drinks to be delivered. I just tell them I am not running a hotel! I threaten them with hugs at school is they challenge me !!!
muskiedad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 06:40 PM   #11
Tazie Female
Board Blazen Parent

Tazie has a brilliant futureTazie has a brilliant futureTazie has a brilliant futureTazie has a brilliant future

I am annoying because I expect homework and school clothes for the next day prepared for in advanced.

I am annoying because dinner takes more than 5 mins to cook.

I am annoying because I don't know where his socks, shoes, pencils etc are.

I am annoying because every Saturday I expect the room to be cleaned.

I am annoying because I act like an old lady and don't know what it is to be a kid (that one hurt)

I could go on and on
Tazie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 06:47 PM   #12
idig Female
SFV JUNKIE!!!

Hey! Another annoying Bama mom!!! Welcome!
Old 09-21-2010, 07:07 PM   #13
Dad1st4boys Male
Failure is not an Option.

Dad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support

I am an annoying Dad because I sit across from my kid to make sure they home work is done.
I am an annoying dad because I do not allow computer time or Wii till everyone's homework is done.
Dad1st4boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 07:17 PM   #14
supermommy Female
Parent on Board

supermommy has much to be proud ofsupermommy has much to be proud of

OMG...please, please let me freeze time and not let my kids get any older than they are. They still think I'm awesome :S
supermommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 08:07 PM   #15
idig Female
SFV JUNKIE!!!

Added today:

What do you mean we can't go in five o'clock traffic after you've worked for 10 hours and go to Best Buy to replace my $60 headphones my friend ripped the cord apart jumping for joy playing Halo yesterday. Can we go later? What if we wait a little while and then go? Tomorrow? What if...... He might not make 14 at this rate