Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey Summer for teens when single and working - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Tips, Tricks & Ideas ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> ThroughOut The Year

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 06-09-2017, 11:35 PM   #1
SingleDadGeek Male
I am New

SingleDadGeek is an unknown quantity at this point
humm Summer for teens when single and working

So what does everyone do with your teens when you have to work and school is out. As a single parent budgets are often tight and many of us I would guess work 8+ hours a day.
SingleDadGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 11:54 PM   #2
SingleDadGeek Male
I am New

Default Re: Summer for teens when single and wor

In my case, I leave early and get home late and travel an hour to work. I rely heavily on family and friends for support. Teens are a bit more difficult to work with as they start to refuse to cooperate when things don't go their way. My daughter is 14 and just under the working age for most establishments including those near enough she could walk. I am up and out the door too early for most things and not home early enough to pick her up. I am finding it very difficult this year and afraid a idle child to be a bad thing. Any ideas, tips, tricks to this regard is most welcome.
Old 06-13-2017, 06:48 PM   #3
DaddyCakes Male
The Other White Meat!

DaddyCakes Is Rocken These Boards With SupportDaddyCakes Is Rocken These Boards With SupportDaddyCakes Is Rocken These Boards With SupportDaddyCakes Is Rocken These Boards With SupportDaddyCakes Is Rocken These Boards With SupportDaddyCakes Is Rocken These Boards With SupportDaddyCakes Is Rocken These Boards With SupportDaddyCakes Is Rocken These Boards With Support
Default Re: Summer for teens when single and wor

my son is 12 and is generally a decent kid when it comes to obeying the rules. He stays home during the day. He has access to TV, computer, and the great outdoors in our neighborhood.

He has chores to do daily and as he discovered, there are consequences for not doing them. no internet today for starters. We'll see if his chores are dine when I get home in a couple hours.
Old 06-19-2017, 05:20 PM   #4
SingleDadGeek Male
I am New

beg or prayer Re: Summer for teens when single and wor

Glad to hear it works for some, hoping this year everything will be, OK.